★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Asteroid 2012 3D 0.99 -> FREE NEWYEARAPPBLOWOUT

12-31-2012, 07:18 AM
Asteroid 2012 3D 0.99 -> FREE NEWYEARAPPBLOWOUT

ASTEROID 2012 3D IS FREE FOR THREE DAYS AS PART OF THE NEW YEAR APP BLOWOUT details at http://newyearappblowout.com

MERRY CHRISTMAS & AN APPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!
12-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Asteroids is great! Absolutely beautiful!

Andy Korth - Howling Moon Software - Contract app development
Check out Chipmunk Physics!
12-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKorth View Post
Asteroids is great! Absolutely beautiful!
Cool game, definitely worth the download!
01-01-2013, 02:26 AM
What about the "In-App Purchases" for real money?

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
01-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
What about the "In-App Purchases" for real money?
Hi Habakuk,

IAP, let me just say it wasn't something I wanted to add. That's why the game is completely playable without making a purchase. They act more like 'cheats' or permanent upgrades. They do not interfere with the normal scoreboards as I separated the IAP scores from the non IAP ones. You can also turn them off from the settings menu too.

However, I have to feed my children and pay the mortgage, so in they went. To say that they weren't worth the effort would be an understatement the ratio of purchases is less than 0.02% of those downloading and playing for free... So future updates are unlikely to happen at any pace from now, Asteroid 2012 was created as a hobby indie game for my youngest son. Without further investment from players then development is basically done and no new features will be added.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning this, I just wanted to air my reasons for adding them into the game.

Regards,

M Muller

Last edited by mmuller; 01-01-2013 at 05:38 AM.
01-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmuller View Post
…the game is completely playable without making a purchase. They act more like 'cheats' or permanent upgrades. They do not interfere with the normal scoreboards as I separated the IAP scores from the non IAP ones. You can also turn them off from the settings menu too.
Thanks, M Muller, for your explanations. So your game is recommended! Anyway I'd wish devs would add them in the official main description of the app @ iTunes/iOS App Store.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)