★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ARLO'S ADVENTURE is an epic 2d platformer inspired by classic 8-bit games.

AppAdvice (4.5/5 stars) - "If you love pixelated, retro-style games, Id highly recommend this app."

Gamezebo (4/5 stars) - "Despite its modern slant where character movement is concerned, this could well be a game lifted straight from your classic video game shelf."

DESCRIPTION:

Arlo wakes up one morning to find that his magical powers have been drained by unknown evil forces. He must embark on a journey to get his powers back and fight whoever has done this to him!

FEATURES:

6 unique areas, with a total of 36 levels
5 magical powers to defeat your foes
3 different potions to collect and use along your journey
Physics-based puzzles
Area specific enemies and bosses
8-bit inspired original soundtrack
Game Center leaderboards
iPhone and iPad specific controls
Retina display for iPhone and iPad
Fully optimized for iPhone 5

DEVICE COMPATIBILITY:

***If the game is crashing when clicking New Game, please try restarting your device first. We are addressing the issue and working to fix the problem.***

iPhone 3GS and up
iPad 2 and up
iPod touch 3rd generation and up

The game will run on iPhone 3GS and 3rd generation iPod touch devices, but performance is not optimized for these devices.
02-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Ooh want to try.. But I don't have that much space right now... Anyone play this yet?

02-17-2013, 10:51 AM
I'll TOFTT.
02-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Lovely 1.5/5 review from TouchGen. Then again they never seem to give anything a grade over 3.5. >_>

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Haha yeah they tore us 1.5 new ones.
02-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Don't listen to Touchgen, you can't take a site that gives games like Drakerider 1.5 stars seriously.

This game looks interesting, The graphics look pretty good. Is it Mario-like, or does it have (random) loot or something?

Last edited by Underwater; 02-17-2013 at 02:52 PM.
02-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Ok I'm doing it ill TOFTT

It keeps crashing after I hit new game. Stay away until fix
Oh no! We never had our game crash like that before on our devices. I'm really sorry about that! Can you tell me what device you're using and what iOS version you're on?

You're the first person to report this so I'd like to figure it out as soon as possible. Also could you try restarting your device to see if that helps? Just trying to figure out what I'm dealing with.

Thanks bramblett05 and I'm really sorry about the crash.
02-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Its no problem just 99 cents I had worse

iPod touch 4 iOS 6.1
Thanks. Let me know if you get past the crash for any reason. I'll figure out why it's doing that. Again I'm very sorry.
02-17-2013, 03:21 PM
I took one for the team. I had no crashing issues but the game feels a little bland to be honest. I only made it past the third level just now but I'm quite bored at this point... It's unfortunate as the games physics and controls work pretty good. It's mainly a Mario-alike and involves pushing crates around in order to jump up to certain cliffs and shoot fireballs at spiders. At this point it's too bland for my taste as I'm not seeing much variance but that may change.
02-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJayCee View Post
I took one for the team. I had no crashing issues but the game feels a little bland to be honest. I only made it past the third level just now but I'm quite bored at this point... It's unfortunate as the games physics and controls work pretty good. It's mainly a Mario-alike and involves pushing crates around in order to jump up to certain cliffs and shoot fireballs at spiders. At this point it's too bland for my taste as I'm not seeing much variance but that may change.
Understandable. I tried to make the first levels easy so people didn't quit from difficulty. Tried find a way to allow the largest audience possible to want to play a sidescroller. Maybe that was a bad decision.

I hope you make it through the first area haha! We have 6 completely different areas and the magic powers you grab further in the game make it a lot more fun. My favorite is the force power that you can use to blow enemies away.