Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 AM

Default Wulverblade - (by Fully Illustrated)

Quote:
So, you’ve been asking for the name, you now have it. You’ve been asking about the art style, you can now see it (EVERY element of that trailer is made with in game assets) and you’ve been asking about the genre…which if you’ve been following me on twitter, chances are, you’ve guessed it…a classic side scrolling hack’n'slasher!

But this will be no ordinary side scroller, oooooh no, Wulverblade is going to be truly cinematic in every respect. The game is being illustrated, animated and built in glorious 1080p HD!

It will be adorned with breathtaking cinematic cut-scenes presented in tandem with a truly epic soundtrack and full voice acting throughout. I aim to level up on everything I’ve ever created with Wulverblade.

The core underpinning of what will make Wulverblade special will be its attention to detail on EVERY level. The story is so deeply routed in British history and folklore that it draws on historical fact, historical theory and truly breathtaking classical folk stories.

Its coming to PC (and if the gods are with me, Steam), iOS GameDock, iPhone and iPad, and last but not least, Mac. Prep yourself for everything I have ever dreamt of making!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

More Information about...

Quote:
Its 120AD and the Roman army have seized control of the south of Britannia. Their goal, to march north and conquer the rest of the island with brutal and bloody efficiency. The 5000 strong 9th Legion are preparing for war, but little do they know what lies in wait for them. Caradoc, a guardian of the northern tribes has rallied the war bands and is ready to bring the war to the Romans. Caradoc bares a gift that even he is not aware of. And soon, the Ninth Legion will discover its true power.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Features:

- Old school arcade, side scrolling beat-em-up action
- An EPIC twist that you will never see coming
- 8 beautiful levels spanning ancient forests, thundering rivers, torchlit woodlands & Roman forts. All based on real locations
- Stunning 1080p HD artwork & cell animated characters
- Atmospheric soundtrack fit for a blockbuster movie
- An engrossing story that combines ancient British history with native tales of lore
- Amazing unlockable features that leave you eager to play again!

Quote:
CLASSIC SIDE-SCROLLING GAMEPLAY
Wulverblade is a visceral, cinematic, side scrolling beatem-up, bringing a modern twist to the classic gameplay style of the 1990’s arcade scene. There’s no hand holding in Wulverblade, its straight into the action, old-school style. Wulverblade skips the starter and tucks straight into the meat!

Quote:
CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE
Wulverblade is a truely cinematic experince, encompassing a deep historic tale that is told through action packed gameplay, dramatic cut-scenes and played out to a soundtrack fit for a motion picture!

Quote:
INTRICATE, HD 1080P ARTWORK

Every visual element in Wulverblade is meticulously crafted at 1080p to ensure that the final end result is a HD masterpeice that looks every bit as well as it plays.

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-11-2014 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Added new Infos about the Game and a new Trailer
Old 01-02-2013, 03:39 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Fully Illustrated

Thanks for posting the trailer!

I'm Mike from Fully Illustrated and was going to get this up here this week, so you beat me to it

There's going to be a lot more to see over the coming months so watch this space. Fingers crossed you're going to enjoy seeing and playing this as much as I'm loving making it. It's been cooking up in my mind for more years than I can count.

Thanks again!

Mike.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Illustrated View Post
Thanks for posting the trailer!

I'm Mike from Fully Illustrated and was going to get this up here this week, so you beat me to it

There's going to be a lot more to see over the coming months so watch this space. Fingers crossed you're going to enjoy seeing and playing this as much as I'm loving making it. It's been cooking up in my mind for more years than I can count.

Thanks again!

Mike.
You are welcome
Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
iPod touch 4 playable cause this looks like it has promise. Can't wait to play it.
Thanks man! We'll be aiming to make playable on as many iOS devices as humanly possible, so fingers crossed!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Yes this looks good. For some reason, it reminds me a bit like bastion.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The title plus that trailer excites me, even though it doesnt give out much yet. Following this...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 AM
iPhone 4

This is easily the game I'm looking forward to the most this year! Good luck Mike
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Thanks guys, the feedback is great to hear! I'm happy you're liking how it looks!

One other point to note is that this game is going to be using EVERY feature of the new iOS GameDock (http://iosgamedock.com/), so you'll be able to play using a traditional controller on your TV in full 1080p (that's actual 1080p too, not scaled up iPhone res) at home.

Keep your eyes peeled on the GameDock as its shaping up to be one hell of an amazing piece of kit!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 AM

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say "Hello" and also that I'm über excited about this game!

I'm one half of "Verbal Vigilante", we're the fellas writing the music & creating all the sound-design for Wulverblade. If you know of Mike's work ([url]www.fullyillustrated.com[/url]) you'll know why we're totally stoked to be working on this game. It's such a great challenge creating music & sound to match Mr. Heald's frankly genius visuals.

This will be our first proper foray into audio work for games and I can't imagine a better project to 'pop our game cherry' because it's going to be sooo EPIC!

Our bread & butter work is in film, TV and Motion Picture Advertising; aka trailers. We're lucky to have had our music & sound-design used in trailers for The Dark Knight Rises, Men in Black 3, Wrath of the Titans & World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria last year.

Anyhoo, I've rambled on enough for now but just wanted to bump fists with you fellow gamers and hopefully come Summer, fellow Wulverbladers!

Jode

Last edited by Jode_Steele; 01-06-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 01:55 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jode_Steele View Post
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say "Hello" and also that I'm über excited about this game!

I'm one half of "Verbal Vigilante", we're the fellas writing the music & creating all the sound-design for Wulverblade. If you know of Mike's work (www.fullyillustrated.com) you'll know why we're totally stoked to be working on this game. It's such a great challenge creating music & sound to match Mr. Heald's frankly genius visuals.

This will be our first proper foray into audio work for games and I can't imagine a better project to 'pop our game cherry' because it's going to be sooo EPIC!

Our bread & butter work is in film, TV and Motion Picture Advertising; aka trailers. We're lucky to have had our music & sound-design used in trailers for The Dark Knight Rises, Men in Black 3, Wrath of the Titans & World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria last year.

Anyhoo, I've rambled on enough for now but just wanted to bump fists with you fellow gamers and hopefully come Summer, fellow Wulverbladers!

Jode
Thanks for posting Jode, your input in this project is going to make a MASSIVE difference, you rock!