Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Headphones

Do you use any good ones? what do you recommend..

I've been searching around the web for the 'best' in-ear headphones of 2014, plus i want to replace my old Sony - MDR XB40's

I've come across the priciest buds so far, they're the - AKG K3003i in-ear headphones, which can cost up to about $2,000.00!

But.. i want them because they're the best.. look: "K3003i, the priciest in-ears we've tested, but also, by a massive margin, the best. They even put pricely full-size units to shame."

- 5 star review in What Hifi magazine! - October 2012

Also they are Apple certified

Have a look.. is it worth the investment - http://uk.akg.com/akg-product-detail...th-remote.html

Last edited by Gov; 06-02-2014 at 09:31 AM..
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

2k for headphones is just ludicrous indeed.

I wouldn't pay more than 20/40 from them (Rough estimate $30/60)

Some people seem to have more money than sense
Old 06-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
2k for headphones is just ludicrous indeed.

I wouldn't pay more than 20/40 from them (Rough estimate $30/60)

Some people seem to have more money than sense
My XB40's cost me 40, a few years back, they do a great job. But it's time to crank it up
Old 06-02-2014, 09:34 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

I use the Bose over the ear headphones and in-ear buds and they're fabulous. Also, much cheaper than the $2k item you listed.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:14 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Wouldn't spend that kind of money myself on in-ear buds their just to fragile to justify it, one hard accidental tug on the wire tends to break them no matter the price you paid.

I actually thought I was pretty crazy considering buying a set of bluetooth headphones for 350 (Sennheiser MM 550-X) I didn't although I might at some point still.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:23 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

A good pair of in-ear-canal headphones will not be fragile. I have Westone UM2s and they have been yanked on quite a few times by accident and no problems. I would like to get a better pair, but these are still working fine and, yeah, no way I'd pay $2k for a set of headphones. That's well into golden ears territory. I.e. the people that once thought drawing on a CD with a black marker made them sound better.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:30 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I paid 40 for my Sony over ear ones, which were on a half price offer at the time and that made me feel a bit sick lot

Before I got the headphones I used whatever earphones came with my phone and had a couple cheap sets as tend to them. You'll probably get a lot of people saying saying it's a waste etc I can't comment on the quality as I'll never own a pair like that but at the end of the day it's your money and if you can afford and want those headphones then you should get them .
Old 06-02-2014, 10:38 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
A good pair of in-ear-canal headphones will not be fragile. I have Westone UM2s and they have been yanked on quite a few times by accident and no problems. I would like to get a better pair, but these are still working fine and, yeah, no way I'd pay $2k for a set of headphones. That's well into golden ears territory. I.e. the people that once thought drawing on a CD with a black marker made them sound better.
I tend to wear mine when working and they always die the exact same way although some last longer than others, wire gets accidentally caught on something and takes a sharp tug then usually one of the sides stops working I've probably killed my last dozen sets in the exact same way.

My current set to be fair has lasted well over a year but I expect it will go the same way at some point, current ones are sennheisser cx275s which cost me about 50 at the time and that's really about as much as I can really justify for in ears costwise.

In the future I think I'm going to go the bluetooth route which I know audiophiles grimace at but with devices that support apt-x it's more than good enough for me.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:31 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I have had my UM2s for years. They were released in 2003 and I believe I got them then, or if not, then the year after. They were expensive, but they have certainly lasted.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:43 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

For gaming,

Sony X10's are best for the bass. Totally awesome.