Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofunguy View Post
Sorry this is not a game by any means. If you use someone's definition of "failing" then you can call life a game too. That is not the case.

The definition of game, per a dictionary site is, "A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck."

Sorry again this app even fails that definition. So don't even call it a game. Sorry devs but even this definition make your app fail.

And yes I did play..already asked for a refund. Not worth even $0.99. Don't get this app unless it is free folks. Yes, I know the devs have spent time on it but if the idea/app is bad, the app is bad no matter what.

Lastly I have purchased quite a lot of apps, but this is the first one in 2 years where I have asked for a refund. Plus advertising something that the app is NOT is NOT the way to get money from people.
Um, this does NOT fail that definition. It is a form of play, with a set of rules, that is decided by skill and occasionally luck. What part of that can you argue?

They didn't promise anything not there. If you messed up and got something not to your taste, that's your failing. You do not deserve a refund.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM

Having reached level 31 on my iPhone last night I've now installed it on my iPad Mini, upon launching it has my levels back at the start???

Okay, just launched again on iPhone and instead of 31, the first 10 are shown, only level 10 didn't have any completed time against it so I've just completed it again and now it shows the next 10 levels as done and I've had to complete level 20 to get the next 10 to show with all my times again???

Launched on iPad again and they both appear to now show the first 30 done at least - definitely something very flaky with the iCloud sync though.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeiowu View Post
Thanks for the report! I just confirmed this. It's actually on level 38 (level 37 doesn't have any mallets). I'll put it in the list and we'll address it ASAP. Thanks again!
Oops, meant to put level 38, sorry. Great game by the way, tricky but satisfying :-)
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
OY vey.

Please people. Like the game, dislike the game, whatever. SHOW RESPECT. The developers worked hard to create a puzzler that appeals to specific people. If you don't like it, fine. Say it, and be vocal. But do it with respect, simple as that. The App Store support team is there to address the other issues you have.
Here, here! Substantive points can be clearly made with decorum and respect.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 AM

Slight usability issue: there doesn't appear to be any way to get back to the main menu once you've entered a level (if you've selected the wrong level, for example), apart from to actually go ahead and play the level, and either fail or complete it.
I would've thought tapping on the level number on the left would bring up the menu, but no joy...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned

okay here's an honest question critique: so theres 100 levels and thats it? is there any replayability to this game? or will it just sit in a folder on my phone after i beat the levels
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJT View Post
okay here's an honest question critique: so theres 100 levels and thats it? is there any replayability to this game? or will it just sit in a folder on my phone after i beat the levels
there is endless replayability, and not just in replaying the first 100 levels. there are more than 100 levels. i don't want to give away any spoilers so that's all i'll say. if you want PM me and I can speak more to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald
Slight usability issue: there doesn't appear to be any way to get back to the main menu once you've entered a level (if you've selected the wrong level, for example), apart from to actually go ahead and play the level, and either fail or complete it.
I would've thought tapping on the level number on the left would bring up the menu, but no joy...
Good idea! Pause is something we struggled with, but on the iPhone5 that makes a lot of sense. iPhone5s came around very late into development. I'll add that to the list for possible features in an update. thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Good idea! Pause is something we struggled with, but on the iPhone5 that makes a lot of sense. iPhone5s came around very late into development. I'll add that to the list for possible features in an update. thanks for the feedback.
No problem. I didn't even realise the iPad version didn't come with a side-menu, like the iPhone 5 does. I just launched the iPad version now after playing for quite awhile initially on the iPhone 5, and yeah, it's quite different!

I'd also put forward the request of separate music and sound-fx options in the settings menu, if you're taking suggestions...
I like to all play my games with the music off but the sound-fx on.
Cheers.

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 01-03-2013 at 01:09 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 PM

Not really feeling this. It might be because I'm playing on an iPhone where the game becomes more frustrating than it is fun. The game isn't bad, but with all the press this is getting I expected a lot more out of it.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
there is endless replayability, and not just in replaying the first 100 levels. there are more than 100 levels. i don't want to give away any spoilers so that's all i'll say. if you want PM me and I can speak more to it.
Ok buddy, spill the beans!

Im on level 26 so far and am enjoying this game immensely. (Send it to me in PM if you want to keep it a secret from the rest of the gang).