★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

"Okami" for iOS

01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
#1
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: the stars
Posts: 483
"Okami" for iOS

With PS2 ports becoming more and more available for the iphone, I couldn't think of a better game to port over.






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC2vSGDaj3E
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Okami-HD-650x365.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	51511   Click image for larger version

Name:	okami-hd_5.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	51512  
01-03-2013, 12:48 PM
#2
I don't know. It might work but capcom would find a way to ruin it (devil may cry,monster hunter and so forth).

01-03-2013, 12:51 PM
#3
Joined: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 495
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Wow what a great looking game!!!!

I really do hope they port this over, looks really nice!

At first the pics looked too unreal, and I was like how can this even be a game, but then watching the video made it look awesome.

iPhone 4S 16GB - iPad 2 64GB WiFi - iPad 4 32GB WiFi + AT&T Cellular - i7 MacBook Pro late 11 - Transformer Prime TF201 32GB
Game Center - Pman3255 , OpenFeint - Pman55 , Plus+ - Pman3255
01-03-2013, 01:17 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: the stars
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
Wow what a great looking game!!!!

I really do hope they port this over, looks really nice!

At first the pics looked too unreal, and I was like how can this even be a game, but then watching the video made it look awesome.
It's an old ps2 game, but they are re-making it in HD for consoles. The touch screen would be perfect for using the "brush" in combat.
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
#5
Yea they did it with wii and funny part is if you have the when it was just released version the ign logo is on the box on the lower corner where you open the game box
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
#6
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,187
That would be a horrible idea. The brushing mechanic is the only thing that would translate well to ios. The game was built to be played on console. Virtual controls would ruin the presentation. Another thing is that the game is not built to be mobile with a save system not built for interruptions that the ios platform gets(calls, notifications, etc.)

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: the stars
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by B34$T View Post
That would be a horrible idea. The brushing mechanic is the only thing that would translate well to ios. The game was built to be played on console. Virtual controls would ruin the presentation. Another thing is that the game is not built to be mobile with a save system not built for interruptions that the ios platform gets(calls, notifications, etc.)

Rockstar's GTA games have been pretty good adopting touch screen controls and a better save system for iOS. I think it would really work.
01-03-2013, 03:19 PM
#8
Joined: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 495
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehoo View Post
It's an old ps2 game, but they are re-making it in HD for consoles. The touch screen would be perfect for using the "brush" in combat.
Sweet! Maybe they could port some of those new graphics to iOS, eh?

iPhone 4S 16GB - iPad 2 64GB WiFi - iPad 4 32GB WiFi + AT&T Cellular - i7 MacBook Pro late 11 - Transformer Prime TF201 32GB
Game Center - Pman3255 , OpenFeint - Pman55 , Plus+ - Pman3255
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 20
This looks promising in terms of graphics. I don't know how well it would do gameplay wise though, unless it's somehow a simpler "side story" kind of game...
01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
#10
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehoo View Post
Rockstar's GTA games have been pretty good adopting touch screen controls and a better save system for iOS. I think it would really work.
I'd much rather see the dev of Okami produce a brand new game, not necessarily even related to Okami. An original, that is designed for the touchscreen.

I wasn't impressed with either of the Rockstar ports I have. They are at best passable, control-wise.