★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hybrid miniature golf / platformer game with an Arabian nights flavor

Frank the Dillo is a new hybrid miniature golf / platformer game with a Midlle-eastern theme.
Using as few as possible shots you will have to take the main character, a cute armadillo named Frank, at the end of 8 original levels through ramps, jumps and traps.

Collect the gems scattered across each level but beware: each shot will cost you a gem!

The game includes:

- 8 original levels
- 2 tutorials
- 2 locations: indoors and outdoors
- original soundtrack

Suitable for all ages

Boardumb's comments:

12-15-2015, 02:40 PM
This looks nice. Has anyone tried it? Impressions?

12-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Totally getting Sonic 3D Blast (old school Mega Drive title) vibes from this. Looks brilliant.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 12-15-2015 at 05:00 PM.
12-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Looks like Kirbys Dream Course.
12-15-2015, 05:18 PM
I loved Kirby dream corse ! I wish they would bring that back it was so good! Only like 6 lvl in this game however ? =[ still looks amazing but might have to skip
12-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Totally getting Sonic 3D Blast (old school Mega Drive title) vibes from this. Looks brilliant.
Oh absolutely. Can't wait to check this out.
12-15-2015, 06:31 PM
Please stop with the grade school level comments about what you thought the name said. We've already had to delete a bunch of off topic posts from this thread and I'd prefer to not have to keep babysitting. Thanks.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
12-15-2015, 06:41 PM
This looks great! Anyone know how this controls. I'm sort of getting an I Am Level vibe from this but in golf form.

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.
12-15-2015, 09:51 PM
This game is definitely frustrating at times. It took me several attempts to get past this one point in stage 4.
The controls are all about precision angles and velocity. They're similar to other mini golf games like Minigolf Matchup where you drag your finger behind the ball, rotate around the ball to aim, and then release to shoot it off. In this game you have to be VERY precise, like literally being 3% too fast will send your dillo flying off the track. Luckily, the percentages are visible on the screen, so you can memorize which percentages work as you progress through each section of a stage.
I'm not sure how many levels there are. I can only see 7, but surely there will be more "worlds" or whatever after I get through the first batch.
I like the artwork in the game, and the music sets the Middle Eastern mood, although it can be a little overpowering. I think adding a feature to adjust the music and sound fx volume would be nice, rather than just switching them on or off.
12-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Controls can be a bit frustrating but it's kind of fun. Sadly, it's also kind of short. There are only 8 levels and I got through the first 5 in about 15 minutes. Now that I'm getting used to the controls, probably could get through them in 5 minutes.

That said the levels do seem to be getting more and more complex. This brings about another concern though. On level six, which I haven't spent a lot of time on yet, you have no idea where to go. There should be a way to zoom out or something to see the whole map.

I guess there would be some replayability for time and scores. It's also only a buck.