App description: Rocket Warrior is a vertically scrolling 2d action arcade game. Grab turbo boosts, shoot down enemies, avoid deadly traps, transform into a ball, find secret paths and more

Story:

It is the year 2456...
War is raging between humans and the alien invaders known as Seele.

After a decade of failed attempts at cracking the human defenses, the Seele have become desperate. As a last resort, they attempt to bend the space-time continuum to destroy human civilization at it's inception.

You, a special operative of the Kepler organization, have been chosen to follow them back in time and stop them before it's too late...

Reviews:
"Virtually flawless gameplay. Very attractive graphics. Devious and clever level design." 8/10 - ArcadeLife

"This game is fun and challenging. The graphics are great and the replay value is high." 4/5 - AppAdvice

"The soundtrack is really upbeat and invigorating, and the graphics are really top notch." 3.5/5 - 148Apps

"I found Rocket Warrior a blast to play, delivering a good amount of enjoyment throughout this tough puzzle action game." 4/5 - CrazyMikeApps

Feautures:

-Super intuitive controls: Tilt the device to move, tap on the screen to shoot missiles
-48 action-packed levels. Designed for high scores that will challenge even the best players.
-Multiple worlds to explore, each one with unique gameplay mechanics
-Do you have what it takes to collect all 144 starcoins?
-Unlock powerful items and costumes
-Game Center achievements & leaderboards
-iPhone 5 & iPod Touch 5th gen widescreen support
-No in-app purchases

Sanuku's comments:




01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
#11
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,222
It does look good but i really cant stand tilt controls myself. I know you said you tested some other control schemes in development but ideally it would be better for you surely if there were alternative control schemes and then the 'anti-tilt' brigade would also buy your game as well.

I've seen other devs prefer a certain type of control system, but surely think of the larger market ? Its like they say when you sell your house, make it appeal to a wide range of people, not just your own taste.
01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
#12
you say it looks good,have you even played it? the tilt works good, and while i don't really prefer tilt, it works awesome-ly.

01-04-2013, 05:03 PM
#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
...ideally it would be better for you surely if there were alternative control schemes and then the 'anti-tilt' brigade would also buy your game as well.

I've seen other devs prefer a certain type of control system, but surely think of the larger market ? Its like they say when you sell your house, make it appeal to a wide range of people, not just your own taste.
This is exactly what I think. It doesn't matter that the tilt controls work very well, which they do, it's the perception people have of tilt controls in shooter and platform games that immediately put them off even trying the game.

So, yeah, if they added another option - even if they don't think it's as good as tilt - more people would get the game. That's just a fact of life.

I do love this game, sad that it might not do well just because of a control option not being added...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321
01-04-2013, 06:00 PM
#14
Thanks everyone for the positive remarks and for reviewing the game on itunes. It really helps.

About the controls, I understand what you guys are trying to say, it's just that because the game is in portrait orientation it's tough to make on-screen controls work. Still, I'll try to find a way but I can't promise anything.
01-06-2013, 03:52 AM
#15
Saw you on iTunes New and Noteworthy section.
That's got to help right?
Loving this game. Just about to finish the first world getting the 3 coins on each one.

Can't believe that this hasn't caught on.
01-06-2013, 01:56 PM
#16
Yes, being featured in the New and Noteworthy section is great!
I know some of you may worry about the game being converted to freemium or adding in-app purchases , but I promise not to do that. I'm very happy with the sales of the game. I didn't expect it to shoot to the top of the charts or anything!

I'm in the early planning stages of my next game.
There will be an update to Rocket Warrior later in the year with some new stuff.

Cheers!
01-06-2013, 02:07 PM
#17
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 6,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by RokmanGX View Post
I know some of you may worry about the game being converted to freemium or adding in-app purchases , but I promise not to do that.
You just made yourself a sale.

Just curious...is there any chance this'll get a Universal update? Naturally, tilting an iPad around would be quite silly, but I'd imagine it would work pretty well if touch controls were implemented.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-06-2013, 02:21 PM
#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
You just made yourself a sale.
Right!
01-06-2013, 02:50 PM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Just curious...is there any chance this'll get a Universal update? Naturally, tilting an iPad around would be quite silly, but I'd imagine it would work pretty well if touch controls were implemented.
I'll buy an iPad soon and I intend to make my next game Universal. I'd like to make Rocket Warrior Universal too, but only if I can get the touch controls to work well.
01-06-2013, 03:00 PM
#20
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 6,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by RokmanGX View Post
I'll buy an iPad soon and I intend to make my next game Universal. I'd like to make Rocket Warrior Universal too, but only if I can get the touch controls to work well.
*crosses fingers*

My download's almost done...can't wait to give this a go.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.