Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-04-2013, 12:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

It does look good but i really cant stand tilt controls myself. I know you said you tested some other control schemes in development but ideally it would be better for you surely if there were alternative control schemes and then the 'anti-tilt' brigade would also buy your game as well.

I've seen other devs prefer a certain type of control system, but surely think of the larger market ? Its like they say when you sell your house, make it appeal to a wide range of people, not just your own taste.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:26 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

you say it looks good,have you even played it? the tilt works good, and while i don't really prefer tilt, it works awesome-ly.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:03 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
...ideally it would be better for you surely if there were alternative control schemes and then the 'anti-tilt' brigade would also buy your game as well.

I've seen other devs prefer a certain type of control system, but surely think of the larger market ? Its like they say when you sell your house, make it appeal to a wide range of people, not just your own taste.
This is exactly what I think. It doesn't matter that the tilt controls work very well, which they do, it's the perception people have of tilt controls in shooter and platform games that immediately put them off even trying the game.

So, yeah, if they added another option - even if they don't think it's as good as tilt - more people would get the game. That's just a fact of life.

I do love this game, sad that it might not do well just because of a control option not being added...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks everyone for the positive remarks and for reviewing the game on itunes. It really helps.

About the controls, I understand what you guys are trying to say, it's just that because the game is in portrait orientation it's tough to make on-screen controls work. Still, I'll try to find a way but I can't promise anything.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:52 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Saw you on iTunes New and Noteworthy section.
That's got to help right?
Loving this game. Just about to finish the first world getting the 3 coins on each one.

Can't believe that this hasn't caught on.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:56 PM

Yes, being featured in the New and Noteworthy section is great!
I know some of you may worry about the game being converted to freemium or adding in-app purchases , but I promise not to do that. I'm very happy with the sales of the game. I didn't expect it to shoot to the top of the charts or anything!

I'm in the early planning stages of my next game.
There will be an update to Rocket Warrior later in the year with some new stuff.

Cheers!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokmanGX View Post
I know some of you may worry about the game being converted to freemium or adding in-app purchases , but I promise not to do that.
You just made yourself a sale.

Just curious...is there any chance this'll get a Universal update? Naturally, tilting an iPad around would be quite silly, but I'd imagine it would work pretty well if touch controls were implemented.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
You just made yourself a sale.
Right!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Just curious...is there any chance this'll get a Universal update? Naturally, tilting an iPad around would be quite silly, but I'd imagine it would work pretty well if touch controls were implemented.
I'll buy an iPad soon and I intend to make my next game Universal. I'd like to make Rocket Warrior Universal too, but only if I can get the touch controls to work well.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokmanGX View Post
I'll buy an iPad soon and I intend to make my next game Universal. I'd like to make Rocket Warrior Universal too, but only if I can get the touch controls to work well.
*crosses fingers*

My download's almost done...can't wait to give this a go.