Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
*crosses fingers*

My download's almost done...can't wait to give this a go.
I bet you love it. In fact, I know you will love it.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
I bet you love it. In fact, I know you will love it.
Damn straight. Brilliant, brilliant, punishing, brilliant game!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Damn straight. Brilliant, brilliant, punishing, brilliant game!
Glad you like it! I've completed chapter one, currently going through it again to get higher scores. Looking forward to chapters 2 and 3, should be a blast.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I am terrible at this game... I need some touch controls I think.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yeah, judging from the reactions I've read online the consensus seems to be that the game is too hard. It was a miscalculation on my part.
For those who are having trouble with the game I recommend grinding on an easy level and going straight for the Force Field item. That should make things a bit easier.

I'm also thinking of dropping the prices a bit for some items. What do you guys think?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:33 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I don't think it's too hard. I'm on the last level of the first world getting 3 stars on everyone, and I haven't even bought a single item. I got around 500 or so coins saved up. Was thinking about going the coin magnet route, just to speed up coin collection. I really like the fact that you don't get to keep the coins you get if you die. Reminds me of gaming on the nes, where you had to memorize the course for the best path. I wouldn't touch anything.

Haven't tried the other worlds even though they are unlocked, so the difficulty might move up drastically. But im fine with that, you just gotta find the best route thru.

And I have to admit that I'm having the most fun that I have had on my iPhone in a long while
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Balancing a game like this is always going to be tricky. It might be best to leave it as it is.

I found that in what I would call "normal play", meaning playing through the levels and going back to get three stars where I didn't manage it the first time I completed a level, I earned enough coins to buy most of the useful power-up items. The force-field is very useful later on. The smart bomb is good for getting a high score on levels where you have to choose a path and can only shoot some of the enemies.

There was no real need to grind for coins because simply retrying levels - providing you finish the run and don't die or quit - always gets you some coins.

The game is hard, but then that's the way it is. I'm currently top of the Dark Caverns leaderboard (110,700) but I'm having real problems getting 3 stars on some of the later Ice Temple levels. I don't see this as an issue with the game being too hard, just that I need to persevere with those levels, or just move on and see how far I can get in the Forest Ruins.

Levels I have previously thought to be ridiculously hard - Dark Caverns level 16 for example - have been an absolute joy to eventually beat.

Personally, despite the high overall difficulty, I wouldn't change a thing although if you want to lower the item prices, that's fine!

If anyone is wondering about getting this, the items are single purchase, not consumables, and there is no IAP at all in this game.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Yeah, I'm with Planetshooter. If you just have to do something about it, lower the prices of the items but don't change anything else. Sure, the game is hard, but games such as League of Evil and the like thrive on their difficulty and you don't see anyone complaining about them, right? That said, sure...maybe Amenbrother's onto something...touch controls could possibly alleviate some of the difficulty.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Yeah the game is awesome as is. I just bought the coin magnet thingy, and it's a game changer. I was replaying the chapter one levels for the third time, going for the high score when my battery died, haha.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

yeah coin magnet really helps get your score higher.

im currently 3rd place on the first level set, behind Andy and then Planetshooter at the top.

lots of fun.