★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia - [By Minoraxis, Inc.] - $2.99 -> FREE

01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia - [By Minoraxis, Inc.] - $2.99 -> FREE

01-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Nice find.

01-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Looks cool. There's a free version that'll get you free 2000 coins for starting a save with it. So I'm getting both. Here's the URL

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/exitium-free-2000+-coins-edition/id479797442?mt=8
01-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Exitium is a fun KRPG game albiet fetch quest heavy (as is typical of KRPGs). I had a lot of fun playing it and it's cool how each character class has it's own unique story that overlaps with one another so plot is overlaps but is different for each character.

It is a shame developers Minor Axis went freemium on their most recent release, Reign of Conquerors, and I'm hopeful they will go back to the pay with optional IAP model here.

Edit: Exitium is not freemium, IAP is optional.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-02-2013 at 10:30 PM.
01-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Exitium is a fun KRPG game albiet fetch quest heavy (as is typical of KRPGs). I had a lot of fun playing it and it's cool how each character class has it's own unique story that overlaps with one another so plot is overlaps but is different for each character.

It is a shame developers Minor Axis went freemium on their most recent release and I'm hopeful they will go back to the pay with optional IAP model here.
This is freemeium?
01-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
This is freemeium?
Exitium is not freemium... but Minor Axis' newest iOS game, Reign of Conquerors, is freemium. Get Exitium, IAP is optional.
01-02-2013, 10:39 PM
What are their other good games?
01-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
What are their other good games?
I really enjoyed Fantastic Knight, more than Exitium. It has similar overlapping quests differing by character but I think the plot is stronger. I just noticed Fantastic Knight is also free; definitely get that one too.

KiKi RPG: Supreme is a tad more casual and cartoonish for my tastes but has much the same KRPG mechanics.

Fruit Juice Tycoon 2 is a gonzo time management, resource collection, town building, match-3 combination game that is fair but not my taste.

Minor Axis has been around for a while but I just noticed a lot of their earlier stuff has been pulled from App Store including Blade Master and Dragon Sword probably due new iOS version compatibility.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-02-2013 at 10:56 PM.
01-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Sweet downloading fantasic knight
01-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Hi, this is Justin from Minoraxis,

Just a quick note to say I'm sorry to hear that some of you don't like the free-to-play model, but I want to stress that IAPs in our newest game, Reign of Conquerors, are also completely optional. I know a lot of gamers assume a game that has no price tag is going to require spending for enjoyment eventually, but I can tell you unequivocally that this is not the case.

I have been playing since launch, and I have yet to spend a dime in-game (don't tell my boss). I've got a pair of level 16 veteran heroes leading 800 troops into battle, one doing front-line plague damage of 64,000 per turn defending my kingdom, and I've already opened 2 of the game's 'new lands'. The highest ranking players in the world have only opened one more than me. Those who choose to spend money on Jewels simply don't have as much subway time as me to play every day.

Quite frankly, we've made some RPGs that we are very proud of in the past, and this is our first foray into the strategy MMO field. We are very happy with the results, and we just want to get it in the hands of as many gamers as possible, to build a community that we can listen to, and help our game evolve. That's the reason we've gone free to play.

I'm also here to answer any questions or field any suggestions you have about ROC, Exitium, and Fantastic Knight going forward. I keep an eye on this TA forum, but can also be contacted directly, as can rich1million. I would love to hear feedback from those of you who have tried the game!

Minoraxis.com
Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia Fantastic Knight Soul Tamer Kiki

I play on an iPad 4 and I talk on an iPhone 5, and I get funny looks in the land of Samsung. Oh, and I love my Vita. A lot. Too much, perhaps...