★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tenbirds is an independent game development studio. Ire is our first game.
---
As the sun sets upon prosperity, memory will fall
Nightmare will raze the realms with her ire
From its embers a champion will stand.

The day of atonement is nigh. Memory has fallen and the world is broken. Hone your blades, christen it, and kiss your beloved good-bye you are marching into battle. Gather Memory, redeem the Corrupt and vanquish the agents of nightmare from the realm. Find your Boon and reclaim Cadmeia from Kerr the Breaker.
---
Gameplay notes:
- Welcome back to old school, DIY, hard A/RPG.
- Ire requires minimum of iPhone 5 and above.
- Ire requires a network to play.
-- Call/summon companion to arms.
-- Invasion, reward and ranking.
-- Combat reward system.
- Ire is MFi Game Controller compatible.
- We bring to you some core combat mechanics of PC/Console games.
- The three tenets to advancing in Ire are tactics, upgrades, and grit.
- Know your foes, kite enemies, use your environment.
- You will die a lot in this game.

*Game Center Login: Please login with Game Center. You may have to go through a painful process in order to retrieve your Guest login data when/after we update. For more information email us at misc[at]10birds[dot]com.
05-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Wow, I'm really intrigued with this. Downloading now, hopefully it's as good as its potential suggests.

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.

05-13-2015, 10:47 AM
This really is the closest to Dark Souls I've ever played on iOS. I can't say too much about the quality of the game as I'm not very far in at all (just finished the tutorial) and also because I'm just pants at those games, but I'm hopeful so far.

The creature design is fantastic, the bosses are quite hideous and dark in nature. The combat is deliberate and strategic but not sluggish. You have to time your attacks with the slower weapons and always be prepared to dodge. The levels are much more basic and linear though, but I guess that's to be expected.

I'm going to play a lot more of this to give better impressions though.

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
05-13-2015, 11:20 AM
I'll give it a go when it hits US, I'm a sucker for Hack n slash... Is this a norm weds nz release or soft launch?
05-13-2015, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
This really is the closest to Dark Souls I've ever played on iOS. I can't say too much about the quality of the game as I'm not very far in at all (just finished the tutorial) and also because I'm just pants at those games, but I'm hopeful so far.

The creature design is fantastic, the bosses are quite hideous and dark in nature. The combat is deliberate and strategic but not sluggish. You have to time your attacks with the slower weapons and always be prepared to dodge. The levels are much more basic and linear though, but I guess that's to be expected.

That... sounds just like the naive hopes the preview instilled.

I'm so buying this without buying it come midnight.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
05-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post

Wow.
05-13-2015, 11:27 AM
I was just thinking nothing coming tonight that intrigues me and I am wrong as this
will be an instant download for me at 10pm my time when the new games show up!
If it lives up to the description of Old School ARPG that's difficult then I will be stoked.
05-13-2015, 11:29 AM
I really suggest taking my opinion with a pinch of salt - like I said, I'm awful at the Souls series (though I enjoy them, I just can't succeed for long). I'd love to hear what a series fan thinks of this.

All I can really say is that it's still amazing, regardless of my skill and that it feels and looks incredibly authentic. Those creature designs though...some amazingly beautiful yet grotesque things in the darkness!

05-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Downloading now I'll give it a go.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: BattleAcademy, Heroes&Castles2, HillClimbRacing, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, TrialsFrontier, TruckTrials2, WrestlingRevolution.
05-13-2015, 01:39 PM
WHOA

Where did this come from?!!
Amazing!

I hear people toss around the phrase "this game is like Dark Souls" a lot in these forums, but THIS IS IT.

For real- the combat has that same gritty deliberate feel,the visuals are awesome and a little Lovecraftian,
Weapon and skill upgrade systems, lock on target combat, MULTIPLAYER INVASIONS (yes seriously), co-op, gore, adjustable graphic settings, etc etc.
I mean WTF how did this game just fall out of the sky?

Indie devs so expect some bugs, no offense. Also, it won't run on my iPad mini so far, not sure why.

Really surprising title and I'd keep my eye on this one if your looking for that iOS Dark Souls experience.

Edit: the post above described the levels as "linear" and I just wanted to state they are NOT linear, you get dropped into an open map to explore and the maps get larger as you go. Just sayin.

Last edited by KeKhan; 05-13-2015 at 01:48 PM.