★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to the game that Basketball fans have been waiting for. You will be the one who brings together a collection of star players and leads them to the pantheon of legends.

Draft tremendous athletes and use their skills to leave your rivals in the dust. Make thrilling clutch plays with a swipe of your finger. Slam the decisive dunk home and leave their jaws on the floor.

You are the inspiration.

Master one-swipe gameplay with steals, passes, shots, and dunks
Draft from hundreds of unique, fully-animated star player cards
Immerse yourself in deep card management with infinite strategy and plays
Claim outstanding prizes with regular online tournaments

Take your team to the top in Rival Stars Basketball.

Rival Stars Basketball is free to play but offers some game items for purchase with real money. You can disable in-app purchases in your devices settings.

We love to hear from our players!

On Twitter? Drop us a line @pikpokgames and join the conversation with #RivalStars
10-22-2014, 05:17 AM
Man, you guys are quick

10-22-2014, 05:49 AM
I have to try this... Pik Pok always makes some amazing games. Though I wasn't too fond of the Maze runner. This looks cool, I would love if you made a game for all the sports like American Football and hockey, etc.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
10-22-2014, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
Man, you guys are quick
pete is supey if u dont know

definitely gonna try this one. you guys always release fun games

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
10-22-2014, 06:29 AM
Just tried the tutorial. Actually seems really fun. The free card draw you get I don't think is very random so I don't recommend restarting your game.

Some bugs, I noticed that online, the game loads in about 5 seconds. Offline, the game takes about 30-40 seconds. I hope they fix this or I'll think they're "penalizing" for not using your data plan to play..

Oh TIMERS. Probably the worst part of this game. But I guess everyone expected that.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
10-22-2014, 06:39 AM
Game Impressions

10-22-2014, 06:58 AM
Sigh... at this point, sorry but I can't recommend this game. Maybe some people will enjoy it but the timers are pretty bad here.

First thing, the game is simple and fun. I love the collecting and leveling bball stars + the bonus mini games inbetween matches. The graphics are beautiful as expected from a game of Pik Pok.

That said, you start with 15 energy, an early level round costs 5 energy. So you can play 3 levels (roughly 2-3 minutes a piece). It gets worse, want to enter the tournament? My energy costs are ranging from 6-9 there. Awesome. If you look at the campaign, the game isn't even that long. But it WILL BE LONG because of those timers, you won't get that far.

It's a fun game. But you're barely going to get to play it. I could play Angry Birds Transformers longer and I deleted that in 30 minutes. I can see why they did this as it heavily makes you lean toward putting in money to keep playing. But that just isn't my thing. Sorry Pik Pok. 5/10 for me. That's a bit generous considering I'm probably not going to be playing it again. If you make a paid version I'll come back but I doubt that will happen.

10-22-2014, 07:34 AM
No GameCenter...
10-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Pikpok.
This makes me sad.
10-22-2014, 09:46 AM
This looks like a reskin of their football one which was plagued with terrible timers and premium currency shennigans.