Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 03-22-2013, 08:45 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default BioShock Infinite

Anyone planning on picking it up? I'm probably going to wait for a Steam sale, just because I can't justify spending $60 on a game when I already have a few others I haven't even started yet, but man Infinite is looking soooo good.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

No one even remotely a BioShock fan?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I like the idea of Bioshock more than the execution. The setting was interesting, then I got bored backtracking too often. The number of variables in combat was interesting, then the enemy AI seemed to be on Quake levels of stupidity.

I'm not as drawn in by the new setting as I was by Rapture, but I'll check out the reviews at some point, maybe I'll be convinced.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

I've seen the tv commercial and it looks interesting but hey I don't have play station or Xbox and I don't play games on my PC so.....
At the moment I only play games on my lowly itouch 4g and hope to upgrade it sometime!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I got it 2 days ago for PS3 and about to finish it , awesome game and highly recommended better than bioshock 2 and almost as good as the first one
Old 03-27-2013, 01:36 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Picked it up yesterday. Absolutely deserves the great reviews it is getting and is on par with the original Bioshock (yes, let us never speak of Bioshock 2 ever again...)

Except now I can't get the organ version of "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" out of my head...
Old 03-27-2013, 01:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcanopele View Post
Picked it up yesterday. Absolutely deserves the great reviews it is getting and is on par with the original Bioshock (yes, let us never speak of Bioshock 2 ever again...)

Except now I can't get the organ version of "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" out of my head...
I enjoyed Bioshock 2 a lot. It was a solid sequel, fixed a few niggles from Bioshock1 and made the game slightly more combat focused. The thing is, Rapture is never going to be as captivating and mysterious the second time through; you can't fault the game for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I like the idea of Bioshock more than the execution. The setting was interesting, then I got bored backtracking too often. The number of variables in combat was interesting, then the enemy AI seemed to be on Quake levels of stupidity.

I'm not as drawn in by the new setting as I was by Rapture, but I'll check out the reviews at some point, maybe I'll be convinced.

You never backtracked in the original Bioshock, and I always thought the AI was very good, as did others such as IGN.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
You never backtracked in the original Bioshock, and I always thought the AI was very good, as did others such as IGN.
Yeah you did, through a few of the central "hub-like" areas that led to 3 or so different locations. That was boring. The AI seemed like nothing more than retarded running and gunning to me, lots of running endless circles around objects. It actually seemed like some of the Big Daddy fights relied on dumb AI to stop them being too difficult. I suppose you could call it a personality trait, but it sure as hell didn't feel all that exciting.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:03 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Yeah you did, through a few of the central "hub-like" areas that led to 3 or so different locations. That was boring. The AI seemed like nothing more than retarded running and gunning to me, lots of running endless circles around objects. It actually seemed like some of the Big Daddy fights relied on dumb AI to stop them being too difficult. I suppose you could call it a personality trait, but it sure as hell didn't feel all that exciting.
Well we'll have to agree to disagree then; I sure remember the AI being quite good, each splicer type having their own tactics, running to health stations when injured, hiding, being able to sneak up on them individually, etc.

Plus you have to remember that these guys were drugged up crazies, don't expect too much intelligence

Edit: you want stupid? Try a Gameloft game. Absolute worst AI I've ever seen, except for the NOVA games.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:03 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Okay so one question for all you Bioshock fans, which one do you like the most?