★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Battle for control of your iPhone one arcade mini-game and riddle at a time with Self Aware. Download this unique gaming adventure, outwit a malevolent A.I. force named STU thats taken your iPhone hostage, and discover how fun mind-bending gaming action can be today!

10 / 10 - tapscape.com - "Totally enjoyable, utterly unnerving, and an absolute must-play."
5 / 5 - appbite.com - "So, is this a possible future, or is Self-Aware just a wicked game?"
4.5 / 5 theiphoneappreview.com - I found Self Aware entirely engrossing, and thoroughly entertaining.
4 / 5 iphoneglance.com - Self Aware is probably the most unique and exhilarating app available on the App Store.
8 / 10 - appstorearcade.com - "I applaud the unique experience that Self Aware brings."

Self Aware is a completely unique mobile gaming experience. Theres retro arcade action like youve never accessed it before, clever word based puzzles, riddles, and more all brought to you in a way that might just blow your mind. The game features over 27 diverse mini-game scenarios to test players mettle.

Everything from side scrolling arcade flying challenges to completely out-of-the-box mind wrenchers are offered, and to boot! Players must infiltrate STUs system with the help of a true-blue techie to unlock further mini-game and riddle action en route to freeing their phones!

Players start out on a mostly barren red hued screen that looks eerily similar to their normal iOS devices home screen. Clicking different icons opens up an eclectic array of mini games that turn normal apps like your calculator, map, and address book into settings for mindful gaming action. And dont worry arcade junkies, STUs got more than enough white knuckle entertainment for you to enjoy.

Every win unlocks either new icons or parts of STUs operating system, bringing players one step closer to taking back their mobile devices! Tired of endless spins on the same basic games on your iPhone? Get self Aware and get into some action thats as much meta-game as it is, well, game!

Say hello to STU:

The Security enhanced Turing-complete Universal program - or STU for short - is the most sophisticated mobile security application in the world, smart enough to keep you safe from any and all digital dangers. Theres just one problem. A freak code mutation occurred, STUs become self aware, and hes taken your mobile device hostage.

The Dingle Techie, your faithful ally:

The dedicated Dingle Techie here to give you an extra edge in your battle against STU. Hes a knowledgeable programmer with a heart of gold whos ready to go the distance with you regardless of how complicated the solution to this problem may be!

It's up to you to outsmart this malevolent app and take back your mobile device. Best yet, this game features everything from logic puzzles and reflex testing arcade games, to virtual scavenger hunts and classic word based riddles to do just that!

Tired of endless spins on the same basic games on your iPhone? Get self Aware and get into some action thats as much meta-game as it is, well, game!

Features:

Over 25 unique mini-games, riddles, and thought puzzles.
Diverse gaming action where your whole phone is the game field.
Intuitive accessible controls and game structure.
Unique cyber-punk aesthetics and game design.
Fluid gameplay controls.
Retro graphics.
Deeply interactive mobile entertainment unlike anything youve ever experienced before!

Self Aware is developed by Dingle LLC.
05-22-2012, 05:41 AM
Wow anyone else played this?
I just bought it yesterday and it's great. It's all so real looking that I keep pressing my home button while playing to go back through menus.
If you like hacking style games this is well worth checking out.

It even talks to you in that robotic style voice and laugh at you silly humans trying to defeat it. :-)

05-22-2012, 05:53 AM
No retina, yeah?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-22-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
No retina, yeah?
Can't really say but it looks like retina crispness on my iPod 4g
05-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Can't really say but it looks like retina crispness on my iPod 4g
Oddly, in the screenshots everything looks retina except for that "main menu". Hmmm, might have to try this out.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Oddly, in the screenshots everything looks retina except for that "main menu". Hmmm, might have to try this out.
If you enjoyed "the hacker" I'd say it's as good if not slightly better than that.
05-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Alright, this is beyond awesome. No, really... it's incredible. I too have to agree that it's slightly better than The Hacker. Creepy, fun, innovative. Best buck I've spent all week. Hands down.

OK...OK... I need to delete this [sdkfjlksdjfklj... this thing wants to kill me. For those of you who don't know, my name's Sam. Alright, so I check out the "Notes" section and it says:

> Greet Sam
> Mock Sam
> Kill Sam

OMG, this is the greatest app ever!

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.
05-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Alright, this is beyond awesome. No, really... it's incredible. I too have to agree that it's slightly better than The Hacker. Creepy, fun, innovative. Best buck I've spent all week. Hands down.

OK...OK... I need to delete this [sdkfjlksdjfklj... this thing wants to kill me. For those of you who don't know, my name's Sam. Alright, so I check out the "Notes" section and it says:

> Greet Sam
> Mock Sam
> Kill Sam

OMG, this is the greatest app ever!
Lmao. I tried to say that its great but it's hard to explain how cool this is, it's easier just to drop the 69p and try it.
I can't believe how cool it is, the way it talks to you and mocks you is brilliant.
05-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I almost pass of this one, but reading the comments I am now intrigued...

Follow EatingMyHat on Facebook, Twitter and Blog
05-22-2012, 10:36 PM
This needs more attention. Easily the best app I've gotten in the last few weeks. It's SO damn good.