★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Droplitz out now ($1.99)

06-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Droplitz out now ($1.99)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320404116&mt=8

Currently Playing:Super Monkey Ball 2, Shaun White Snowboarding, Labyrinth 2, Family Feud, N.O.V.A., AC2, NFS Shift, Cogs, GTA: CTW, Riddim Ribbon, Plants vs. Zombies

Openfeint | Plus+ | Gameloft Live: greenro89
06-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
hmm, atlus being on the app store now means we could possibly get TRAUMA CENTER ported in the future

06-30-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm buying, but only cause I truly hope that Atlus sees the potential for sales of bigger titles

Yggdra Union
Knights in Nightmare
Tactics Ogre
etc
06-30-2009, 07:11 AM
I got this on my PS3 last week and I'm finding it extremely challenging in a good way, it's very addictive but I'm yet to find the right kinda strategy to get a decent score. I've only played it for an hour though and in the PS3 version you have to reach a certain score milestone to unlock the next levels, I'm yet to unlock the 2nd (you need to score 50,000, my best 27,000!)

Anyway, has anyone got any impressions of this iphone version yet? And if they have the XBLA or PSN versions, how do they compare, what are the controls like?

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker
06-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Ooh, looks pretty cool. Reminds me of this old plastic toy/game that had the same concept - turn dials to make coin-shaped plastic objects fall from the top to the bottom.

I want it but it looks a little simple for $2.. though I'm probably sounding super spoiled when I say that.

Plays: Zaxxon Escape, Plague Inc., Phoenix HD, Block Fortress, Knights of Pen and Paper.
Using: 64 GB iPod Touch 5G
06-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Just thought I should mention...

It looks cute and all but realize this is really watered down in comparison to the full XBLA, PS3, or PC version. The full sized version has 9 different board layouts (not themes, but different dimensions), 4 modes (Normal, Endurance, Powerup, and Infection). That being said this is the only portable version and the bigger versions are selling around $10!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It looks cute and all but realize this is really watered down in comparison to the full XBLA, PS3, or PC version. The full sized version has 9 different board layouts (not themes, but different dimensions), 4 modes (Normal, Endurance, Powerup, and Infection). That being said this is the only portable version and the bigger versions are selling around $10!
Kinda off subject but where do you buy the PC version at?

Currently Playing:Super Monkey Ball 2, Shaun White Snowboarding, Labyrinth 2, Family Feud, N.O.V.A., AC2, NFS Shift, Cogs, GTA: CTW, Riddim Ribbon, Plants vs. Zombies

06-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenro89 View Post
Kinda off subject but where do you buy the PC version at?
Steam (I see it at GamersGate as well).

My iTunes Reviews
06-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Steam (I see it at GamersGate as well).
sweet thanks!

06-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenro89 View Post
sweet thanks!
Also, word of warning, this game (not iphone version where all is accessible from the get go) will make you WORK YOUR BUTT OFF to unlock the other game modes and boards. I initially thought I was doing pretty good with my 12k score only then to realize that to even unlock the second board layout of the normal game requires a score of 75k!

I don't think Atlus is scamming anyone here since I really don't think the bigger boards would fit on the iphone unless they reduced the individual dials to something so tiny you couldn't effectively touch them (another case for transparent prosthetic finger extensions, but that's just me ).

My iTunes Reviews