★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Treasure Grab by THQ now $0.99

06-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Treasure Grab by THQ now $0.99

2.99 - 9.4mb - Itunes Link

Only one picture on the appstore but the description sounds good and its from THQ so it can't be THAT bad... can it?

Anyone want to TOFFT?
---

TREASURE GRAB IS AN ABSOLUTE STEAL!
Treasure Grab is a fast-paced action packed game of breaking, entering and stealing everything that has not been nailed down…..And most of what has!
You play as the young thief named Alya Loot who is out to prove herself to the criminal fraternity by stealing precious heirlooms from four decadent nobles. Explores their mansions, pick the locks, trick the guards, and most importantly grab everything of any value – jewels, paintings, books, large statues, chairs everything!!
• Take control of a master thief and steal everything whilst staying one step ahead of the guards!
• 7 different Trickster powers to bamboozle the guards and maximize the spoils including slowing down time, disguise and invisibility.
• Your targets react to your actions meaning no two games are the same!
• Simple touchscreen controls, with hugely varied gameplay
• Discover the thrills of stealing, sneaking, picking locks and escaping from the guards.
• Stunning graphics and detail level

An ideal game for fans of arcade games such as PAC-MAN and Ms. PAC-MAN
For games that really rock (and roll and shake and……) Check out www.youtube.com/thqwireles and
http://iphone.thqwireless.com
Other games from THQ Wireless:
PASS THE PIGS – A dice game with a difference! STAR WARS THE FORCE UNLEASHED – iPhone version of the hugely successful console game DE BLOB – Paint the town Red, or blue or green…….iPhone version of the best selling Wii game STAR WARS SOUND BOARD – The best sound bites from your favourite Star Wars characters! INDIANA JONES SOUND BOARD – The best sound bites from the world’s greatest action hero! SUPER FRUITFALL - Match 3, screen tilting puzzle fun! CHOP SUSHI – One of the best Puzzle, match 3 games on the iPhone and iPod Touch WWE LEGENDS – Relive, rewrite or redefine the greatest moments in WWE History PET VET - An animal lovers dream - care for all creatures great and small with no vets fees! UP! – The official game of the Disney.Pixar motion picture

Last edited by salsamd; 07-31-2009 at 07:53 PM.
06-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Only one screen? I'll wait to hear some reviews first

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

06-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Reasons I won't TOFTT on this one: one screen (and not even an ingame one) and a description that ends with an obnoxious list.
06-30-2009, 05:53 AM
Nothing on their website, a placeholder image on the app store, what a disappointment! It looks kinda cool but really, how can they think this well sell without screenshots/videos/information??

Wishlist: Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Swords & Soldiers, Tyrian
Playing: Kryzer Prologue, Flight Control, Knights Onrush
06-30-2009, 07:35 AM
No screenshots or videos yet? The poster do look great. Similar quality to Digital Chocolate's stuff.

Nexx Studio - Indie Game Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!
06-30-2009, 08:43 AM
From the description I'm having to assume it's a weird hybrid of Pac-Man with Thief...so no clue how that would work.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-30-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm thinking it's a 3rd person stealth kin of game.

Come on THQ, not even one ingame screen?
06-30-2009, 09:37 AM
they didn't even put screenshots on itunes?.. why would i spend 2.99 on a game when i don't even know what it looks like?
06-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it.
Any game that does not provide pictures of game play, is hiding something. Plain and simple.
What other reason would they not show you what the game is like....oh yeah, because if they showed you, you wouldn't give them your money.
06-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I decided to TOFTT, here are some screens from the first couple of minutes of gameplay

So far, all the game entails is picking up items, picking locks and evading guards. I'll give you guys some more detailed impressions after I've played it awhile longer - so far it doesn't seem too bad though, I'm just kind of worried that the game will be really short.

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

Last edited by jecebn; 06-30-2009 at 10:26 AM.