Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM

If I could offer some constructive criticism, the way the game handles pausing is slow. If I am playing and close the cover, then reopen it, I have to watch the animation of all the pieces flying off the board, which is a bit disconcerting. More importantly, there is no save. I crashed when trying to resume and the game is *poof* gone. A save state would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capronissimo71 View Post
Just bought! However, i hope that fake scores will be deleted as soon as possible.
Not so sure if they are fake. I just nearly hit 4 million. The thing is that the scores grow geometrically. If you can squeeze a few more multipliers in there, scores skyrocket.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Not so sure if they are fake. I just nearly hit 4 million. The thing is that the scores grow geometrically. If you can squeeze a few more multipliers in there, scores skyrocket.
I see, thx for the explanation!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capronissimo71 View Post
I see, thx for the explanation!
Actually up to nearly 12 million now. Now just gotta squeeze a few more multipliers out there.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Is this the crash that sometimes occurs if you hit the button to start a game before the high scores finish scrolling? If so, it has been more than "occasional" for me.

Playing and enjoying the strategy mode. Still trying to figure out the strategies. Some of the scores are *really* high. 286 million?
Sorry about that crash - that is fixed in the next update. For now, please wait for the score view to stop scrolling before you start the game.

Regarding the Strategy Mode scores, I can't vouch for the number 1 score, but I know who made the number 2 score (he is a long time player of Hexius who managed to uncover a maths bug in version 1 by getting a crazily high score) - It's definitely a possible score!

The key to doing so it to make as many multiplier as possible (and hopefully a fair few bombs as well) without triggering them. Then, trigger them all in 1 go, ideally by surrounding as many hexagons as possible.

I understand that some of the scores look dodgy, but you have to bear in mind that each multiplier doubles your score, so if you trigger 8 multipliers at once, your score for that go is multiplied by 256. If you manage to do this a few times in 1 game, you can really rack up high score.

There is more info in this blog post about Strategy Mode scoring :

http://phasiclabs.com/blog/2010/08/0...tegy-mode-tip/
Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
If I could offer some constructive criticism, the way the game handles pausing is slow. If I am playing and close the cover, then reopen it, I have to watch the animation of all the pieces flying off the board, which is a bit disconcerting. More importantly, there is no save. I crashed when trying to resume and the game is *poof* gone. A save state would be appreciated.
All criticism is welcome! I see what you mean about the pause - I'll do something about it in an update. I plan to add a few more updates in the coming weeks.
I'll also add a save state. There used to be a save state in V1.0, but V2 was quite a rewrite, so it wasn't simple to carry over the old save state.

I had to balance adding every feature versus the need to get the Game Center version released - OpenFeint only gave 2 weeks notice that they were shutting down their servers, and based on previous feedback, it looks like the score tables are pretty important to most players.

Last edited by PhasicLabs; 01-07-2013 at 11:25 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I bought this game a while ago, so when I saw the thread, I downloaded it again on my iPhone 5. And the game crashes all the time, text is missing, nothing works. Hope it will get updated soon, cause this is unplayable.

Last edited by ZorakZoran; 01-07-2013 at 09:07 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorakZoran View Post
I bought this game a while ago, so when I saw the thread, I downloaded it again on my iPhone 5. And the game crashes all the time, text is missing, nothing works. Hope it will get updated soon, cause this is unplayable.
The only crash I've had reported so far is when you start the game while the score table is still scrolling - if you've seen another crash, please let me the details of when it happens (either PM me, or contact me at http://www.phasiclabs.com/?p=contact).
Also, please describe what text is missing - you are the first person to report that.
Hopefully the update currently in the review queue will fix your problems.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the replies, Paul. Fun game you have here.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I sent you a pm, and here are some examples of the missing text :

It's everywhere.