Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Aeon Hero Wars - (by Donoma) - Universal App

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-08-2012 at 06:05 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Looks interesting. Waiting for release on Singapore store.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM

Thanks guys. Here's the video trailer I put together. Have a look at what the game looks like in action.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned

has anybody played this? i played the "tutorial" didnt like it at all...have tried a few times to get a multiplayer match and no luck .. been looking for a real time strategy game to get into but maybe this isn't it
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This is actually fun. Not the most ground-breaking gameplay or format but I love how many heroes there are and the IAP booster pack functionality. You start off with only a few heroes and it can get boring playing with the same ones and unfortunately the only way I'm seeing to get more is through IAP. But it's only 99 cents for 5 more heroes. The gameplay consists of placing heroes in a formation which they automatically spawn into every so often on both sides. Spawning heroes takes gold which automatically is given to you every few seconds so it takes strategy to know which heroes to play when. There are heroes which allow you to gather gold faster so there is a fairly good amount of depth if you look at it. The heroe march toward each other from both sides and attack each other automatically. Based on how you placed your units, your lines might have more success against your opponents formation. It's nothing new but the options available with the amount of heroes is where the key to this game lies. You win by destroying your opponents HQ at the other end of the field which also attacks enemies when they get within range. It's definitely worth a shot. The matchs are quick and I didn't have too much trouble getting a match at all. Although I did have two crashes right as I found an opponent. Overall, I think it's worth a try if you like strategy at all. It may be an acquired taste though.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I tried the tutorial, which was ok, and then I tried some multiplayer games. The first few times I tried to get in, I got nothing (just kept waiting for one to be set up). Finally today I got in with someone (after waiting about 1 minute), but the connection was lost after about a minute of playing. There definitely needs to be a single player mode to keep people interested when multiplayer doesn't work.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Keep them coming guys.

It was pretty hard to create a decent AI, so I pulled it last minute. If you played the tutorial for a while, the AI will actually spawn heroes against you, but it doesn't understand formation and enemy hero placement are just random. I was thinking of putting it in as a "battle simulation" mode where you can just test out your guys. A lot more work is needed to get AI working halfway decent.

I'll look into the crashes as soon as reports are available.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I'm actually enjoying this, or I was but now it's crashing every time... I'd love to see a screen where I can check out all my heroes. Perhaps create some quick set up buttons where I can choose which load out of heroes I want to take quickly. This definitely has potential, I just think it's missing some elements, stability issues aside. The IAP could use some work, I don't like having only one option to choose from when buying packs. I'd love to see more heroes added and then some options given for different packs. Although simplicity is good. I'll tell you that I'm more likely to buy a few cheap packs then throw all my money on the table at once for a massive pack. Good job on keeping the IAP affordable.

Last edited by iJayCee; 12-06-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJayCee View Post
I'm actually enjoying this, or I was but now it's crashing every time...
Do you mind sending me the crash reports? I can look into the problem right away.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 AM

I'm really enjoying the game. But an single-player mode would be great for trying out different combinations of heros. AI doesn't have to be topnotch.