Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-25-2014, 11:47 PM

Default Sky Pursuit (Free)

THE FINAL STAND
Alien object landed on earth in the year 2099, we did not survive the invasion. You are the only one left of us and you are fighting the last war of humankind, in the sky.

SKY PURSUIT
Countless alien forces are after you, trying to destroy your ship. Avoid them using tactical maneuvers, don't let them get to you. Be aware of which direction the aliens are coming from and what type of alien they are.

DESTROY ALIENS
Your main weapon and missile launcher fire automatically. Upgrade them with Credits you earn by destroying aliens. You start with the Machine Gun, upgrading Main Weapon unlocks Laser, Cannon, Gauss and Plasma. Missile Launcher also deploys more missiles as you upgrade it.

BLAST WAVE
Every time your energy is full, you can use the Blast Wave which pushes and damages aliens around your ship. Upgrading Blast Wave enables faster energy generation.

MORE UPGRADES
You can also upgrade Armor and Repair Center. Upgrading Technology unlocks other upgrades.

CHALLENGES
By completing challenges you will earn more credits and crystals. Crystals can be used to revive after your ship is destroyed.

ONE FINGER CONTROLS
Sky Pursuit can be played only using one finger with swipe gestures.

Feedback is much appreciated

Last edited by ermanhaskan; 07-26-2014 at 10:51 AM..
Old 07-26-2014, 12:15 AM
Banned
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Gave this a try. I like the graphics and style a lot, I really like how there is no menu but you just start with launching off and the attack. The gameplay is pretty intense but kind of confusing. I thought this would be like a game like Fireball but you can't move around as much as in that game. It seems too hard to avoid some enemies. But it is a fun game, hard and gets really crazy with all the enemies and the game has a nice look. I will keep playing
Old 07-26-2014, 01:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Here we go Erman my review :

Besides the grapic part, everything in Sky Pursuit works fine with a mix between old school arcade game and skill.

Gameplay : just as good as the tutorial. One finger on the iDevice, one ear on the pillow. You're ready to swap and tap ! Balance between speed and skill while wave of enemies attaks you ! (4/5)

Contents : only one mode, some shop stuff and a daily challenge thing (like every game on the appstore now) but it's free and a scoring game, anyway, it's for killing time. So maybe some more contents later in an update, never say never (3/5)

Story : it's an arcade game, so we don't have any naration here. But who cares ? (N/A)

Graphics : the worst part of the game. Art style is fine(mecha-bugs), but i think after Stealth Assassin, we expected more from this dev. Enemies have just different colors, your ship is not very stylish, and the same and boring background all over again during the game. Animation too is not very good. Need huge improvements on this side. (1/5)

Music : well, the menu music is good, but the soundtrack in-game...it's not my little pony right ?Come on ! We are going to die, we are the last hope of humanity ! Some rock music or si-fi theme...to kick some bug-ass !
Sounds effect are, like the whole music of this game...funny (in the wrong way...) "it's the wall-limit over here " boing !
"An enemy on the sides captain !" Boing !
Well, i think the dev liked this sound, i don't know why and i don't want to ! (1/5)

Price/contents : Free, no ads (yet?) but inAP purchase... not killing the game so you can bear it ! (3/5)

To sum-up we have a solid gameplay (which is for me as a gamer the most important thing in video-game as music, don't care about the graphics...) but the lack of contents and the boring graphics can be very hard to swallow for the average gamer. Need improvements to be more attractive.
Hopefully, it's free, and you will not loose your time if you play "beat my score" thing with a friend on Gamecenter. If not, well so many arcade games out there, you have choice. Grab it while the leaderboard is not full of weird numbers

Score (not a total score but based on global impression of the game)

2,5/5.

PS to Erman : I'm gamer since 14 years now. I've tried every possible genre of games on every console. My journey into the industry : redactor and press/media contact with devs on iOS games since 2009 (Pause between 2012/2014 to focus on Vita/3DS games) now i'm back on iOS. If you need advices i'll be happy to help. Go indie yay ! :P
Old 07-26-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedPhantom View Post
Here we go Erman my review :

Besides the grapic part, everything in Sky Pursuit works fine with a mix between old school arcade game and skill.

Gameplay : just as good as the tutorial. One finger on the iDevice, one ear on the pillow. You're ready to swap and tap ! Balance between speed and skill while wave of enemies attaks you ! (4/5)

Contents : only one mode, some shop stuff and a daily challenge thing (like every game on the appstore now) but it's free and a scoring game, anyway, it's for killing time. So maybe some more contents later in an update, never say never (3/5)

Story : it's an arcade game, so we don't have any naration here. But who cares ? (N/A)

Graphics : the worst part of the game. Art style is fine(mecha-bugs), but i think after Stealth Assassin, we expected more from this dev. Enemies have just different colors, your ship is not very stylish, and the same and boring background all over again during the game. Animation too is not very good. Need huge improvements on this side. (1/5)

Music : well, the menu music is good, but the soundtrack in-game...it's not my little pony right ?Come on ! We are going to die, we are the last hope of humanity ! Some rock music or si-fi theme...to kick some bug-ass !
Sounds effect are, like the whole music of this game...funny (in the wrong way...) "it's the wall-limit over here " boing !
"An enemy on the sides captain !" Boing !
Well, i think the dev liked this sound, i don't know why and i don't want to ! (1/5)

Price/contents : Free, no ads (yet?) but inAP purchase... not killing the game so you can bear it ! (3/5)

To sum-up we have a solid gameplay (which is for me as a gamer the most important thing in video-game as music, don't care about the graphics...) but the lack of contents and the boring graphics can be very hard to swallow for the average gamer. Need improvements to be more attractive.
Hopefully, it's free, and you will not loose your time if you play "beat my score" thing with a friend on Gamecenter. If not, well so many arcade games out there, you have choice. Grab it while the leaderboard is not full of weird numbers

Score (not a total score but based on global impression of the game)

2,5/5.

PS to Erman : I'm gamer since 14 years now. I've tried every possible genre of games on every console. My journey into the industry : redactor and press/media contact with devs on iOS games since 2009 (Pause between 2012/2014 to focus on Vita/3DS games) now i'm back on iOS. If you need advices i'll be happy to help. Go indie yay ! :P
Thank you for your deep review I can understand some people might not like graphics & music but Sky Pursuit has a great story behind the events in the game I think. There is even an intro how did you miss it
Old 07-27-2014, 07:14 AM

Any other players here?