Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
Love the artistic style of this game. Looks and plays great!

After spending about an hour with this, it's starting to feel a bit grindy with everything in the store (character unlocks, etc) being very expensive. A coin doubler in-app purchase would have been helpful...
Yeah I agree, the IAP are way too expensive to even consider buying some. The wings are interesting because you don't activate them when you're dead, instead you need to activate them before your death and they only stay for a short amount of time. It's a bit weird but better than the good ol' "you can live forever if you buy that item". The leaderboards only count coins so that's also different but i'm still sad that you have a pretty big advantage with IAP.
Still, best runner since Epic Knight.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:10 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've been playing for over over 2 hours or so now, and have unlocked the Troll. Also bough his Lv1 Magnet to try and complete the 20 magnet quest.

Thing here is that i never intended to grind, but more on complete missions. Then i just found out i had enough to buy the next character...

It may get grindy, but im liking the balance so far. I was thinking of buying some IAPs, but found out thayre a bit expensive with what you can unlock with the amount of $ you spend. I'd take a coin doubler anytime of day over all these IAP.

If the devs read through this thread, I hope there's a coin tripler worth about $5 or $6. That would make it feel like a premium to me since the grind wouldnt be too heavy.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I am totally addicted to this one. :P

Im a little sad this isnt getting more attention.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
Love the artistic style of this game. Looks and plays great!

After spending about an hour with this, it's starting to feel a bit grindy with everything in the store (character unlocks, etc) being very expensive. A coin doubler in-app purchase would have been helpful...
Getting for that reason only. Reminds me of PSX/N64-era gaming. I will indulge for nostalgia's sake.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:43 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I am totally addicted to this one. :P

Im a little sad this isnt getting more attention.
I'm finding this pretty fun as well. As far as t can tell, no Gamecenter leaderboards. But yeah..t honk it's the are and the shooting that makes it fun for me.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Definitely worth the download, this game kind of has features from a lot of endless runners like movement, swiping, shooting, and tapping to shoot, but I kind of wish it had some more originality. Just seems to be so many of these games nowadays, don't understand how they all make money when almost all are freemium.

Decent game for sure, definitely worth the download.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Yet another endless runner with some nifty graphics but dull overall. The gameplay is also shallow as the only challenge comes after taking left or right turns and an obstacle is placed immediately after the curve. I'd say, skip it and save those 15 minutes from your life.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^LOL. Clones will ALWAYS be around, but good clones are hard to come by. Sure, everything this game has was done by other games, but it has done it in an outstanding manner.

I hope youre not saying you recommend skipping Real Racing 3 because the formula's been done so well before.

No wonder you find the game dull... 15 minutes of playtime.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 01-05-2013 at 07:10 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 07:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Sick and tired of endless runners? Maybe. The genre is on its last legs, for sure. Ha! But Run'n'Gun is fun. The premise is cool. Love the graphics. This game shows that runners aren't dead… yet. It has potential to be even more.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxcelis View Post
Sick and tired of endless runners? Maybe. The genre is on its last legs, for sure. Ha! But Run'n'Gun is fun. The premise is cool. Love the graphics. This game shows that runners aren't dead… yet. It has potential to be even more.
The genre is far from dead. Two of the widely accepted best games of 2012 are Punch Quest and Rayman Jungle Run. And with the latest big runner titles like Ronin, Run N Gun and Into the Dead, it's too early to call the genre off.

Sure some may be tired of running games, but that will always just be a small percentage of the world's ios users. Those who get tired of the genre will eventually find themselves liking a new runner title later on, while current runner fans get tired of the genre. It is a vicious cycle, but it holds truth, and it doesnt look like it'll die down yet.