★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Whining about price = ban

06-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Whining about price = ban

My suggestion is this:

posting complaining about price or saying that they don't like a particular game should get you banned for a week or so.

The iPhone user base is large enough that every game will have people who don't like it, or think it costs too much.

It sucks that every thread about a new game has the first 3 or 4 posts complaining that they don't like the look of the game, or think it costs to much.

A big flame war about pricing might be good in its own thread, but have to read it in every second thread is boring.
06-30-2009, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen View Post
My suggestion is this:

posting complaining about price or saying that they don't like a particular game should get you banned for a week or so.

The iPhone user base is large enough that every game will have people who don't like it, or think it costs too much.

It sucks that every thread about a new game has the first 3 or 4 posts complaining that they don't like the look of the game, or think it costs to much.

A big flame war about pricing might be good in its own thread, but have to read it in every second thread is boring.
Banning people for saying they don't like a game? This is a forum; it's a venue for people to discuss pros and cons of games. What would be the sense of limiting forum participation only to those who have positive things to say? That's just plain silly.

I agree with you in that I don't particularly care for people who whine and whine about prices: too high, too many price changes, I-paid-a-buck-and-now-it's-free, etc. I certainly don't think it's ban-worthy, however. Just annoying.

06-30-2009, 05:06 AM
Yeah, sorry, I meant post that complain that they don't like a game, but they haven't played it.

Posts where the person has played the game and have some constructive feedback are good and can be interesting.
06-30-2009, 05:19 AM
People whining about people who whine about price = smack in mouth.

It's a forum. People can whine as much as they want. If you don't like it, ignore it and move on to the next post. Just as I am going to do now...
06-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Yeah man, forum is meant for discussion and open speech. As long as it's not offending anyone...why not?

Price whining is just a consumer trend. Who don't want their BMW to be cheap? Nothing is going to change that..

Nexx Studio - Indie Game Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!
06-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Like the other person stated this is a forum...Yea forums always can't be perfect. It's normall for people to complain you can't help it...While I hate this too, I have to move on. And people not liking the game, when they do not have the game is another thing...
06-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Why don't you just move to China?
06-30-2009, 10:38 AM
I think people whining about other people whining should be banned....oh wait, I've done that
06-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Well thats a dumb idea...
06-30-2009, 11:28 AM
well, banning might be a bit much, but we probably should separate out pricing discussion from actual game discussion.

the doom thread obviously has gotten a bit far off the game discussion.

arn