★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games that didn't live up to expectations (2012)

01-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
8-bit Zombie
01-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusjr98 View Post
8-bit Zombie
Lol. It appears as someone payed you to spread the bad word about it

Anyone mentioned Faction Wars (a.k.a. World of Midgard beta)? It definitely fits into this thread...

01-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post

Anyone mentioned Faction Wars (a.k.a. World of Midgard beta)? It definitely fits into this thread...
Both do they spam the exp boost every week and weekend but say nothing about fixing anything and part 2 is in the works
01-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Both do they spam the exp boost every week and weekend but say nothing about fixing anything and part 2 is in the works
The dev is very busy on his own forum, don't judge the game on the thread here on TA. Only thing they did wrong was that they didn't start the Kickstarter campaign earlier. It could've turned into a really good game if they would get the funds. I agree though that they should update the game more. They haven't gotten very far for like 2 years with the updates...

What part 2?
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
The dev is very busy on his own forum, don't judge the game on the thread here on TA. Only thing they did wrong was that they didn't start the Kickstarter campaign earlier. It could've turned into a really good game if they would get the funds. I agree though that they should update the game more. They haven't gotten very far for like 2 years with the updates...

What part 2?
Oh ok my bad guess they are not talking about the game much on here. I talked to the dev and they said fraction wars 2 was coming
01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Probably just a bigger content update, or maybe they'll finally release World of Midgard... It would be about time.
I know Veraxon (devs of Faction wars) hooked up with some big studio that would fund them... Whatever happened to that? I think they chose to go down the indie-way and then they started the Kickstarter campaign? I'm not sure.
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
Quote:

Nah, it's just that you reminded me of it, and I remember it being a major disappointment and a waste of 99 cents.
01-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_cgc View Post
I dont know why EA is vote as worst american company. Gameloft or ZYnga should get that!
Isn't Gameloft a French company?
01-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafark View Post
Isn't Gameloft a French company?
I'm pretty sure they're owned by Ubisoft which is French. So yeah :P
01-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Not sure if i posted games that disappointed me because of wrong expectations before, but here's a few that did, that i can remember.

Bladeslinger
Last Knight (before the update which made it great)
Mech Pilot
rComplex
Starship Troopers: Invasion
Flying Daggers

And that game with ships that was made by the guys who made Tower of Fortune which the title i forgot.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword