Word Game undiscovered gem?

05-17-2015, 10:12 PM
#1
Word Game undiscovered gem?

i like SpellTower but man that game gets frustrating real quick. Played WELDER, Lettercraft, Alpha 9, Quatwhatsits, Word Forward, Word Shift, Bookworm....

Are there any non-crossword word games that any of you have found that didn't necessarily get much coverage?
Not really into the word finding as much as creating.
Just checking.
Thanks!
05-18-2015, 10:46 AM
#2
Hi vectorarchitekt, i recently found Wordology a game by Cerebral Gardens. You basically clear the all letter tiles by making words. I think it is a very well designed word game that has some really nice artwork, that is easy on the eyes. I really like that you can make words by joining letters from anywhere on the board. It also includes few different game modes like easy, normal, lightning and freestyle. There are also some power ups:

Gold Tile - Triple word score
Silver Tile - Double word score
Green Tile - Gain a life
Red Tile - Have to use very quickly or lose a life.

They also offer Wordology Free for people to try 1st, but i especially like this game because it does not contain any In-App Purchases. I mean honestly, for US $0.99 (CA $1.19 for me) i think this is a wonderfully fun and additive word game, and i really like it.

Game was listed on TA back in 2009 http://toucharcade.com/2009/05/22/wo...-text-teasers/

My 2 Cents
- I searched on YouTube for Wordology and only found 3 results, no gameplay video and the 2 were ads. So i think this game may qualify as undiscovered gem, but that is just my opinion.

Wordology Home Page



Last edited by new_ipodtouch5G_owner; 05-18-2015 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Updated Info

05-18-2015, 05:51 PM
#4
If you like the PathPix puzzle games, Kris also has a SpellPix puzzle game that uses words rather than numbers. Very entertaining, and becomes very challenging (as the PathPix games do).

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-18-2015, 05:53 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_ipodtouch5G_owner View Post
Hi vectorarchitekt, i recently found Wordology a game by Cerebral Gardens. You basically clear the all letter tiles by making words. I think it is a very well designed word game that has some really nice artwork, that is easy on the eyes. I really like that you can make words by joining letters from anywhere on the board. It also includes few different game modes like easy, normal, lightning and freestyle. There are also some power ups:

Gold Tile - Triple word score
Silver Tile - Double word score
Green Tile - Gain a life
Red Tile - Have to use very quickly or lose a life.

They also offer Wordology Free for people to try 1st, but i especially like this game because it does not contain any In-App Purchases. I mean honestly, for US $0.99 (CA $1.19 for me) i think this is a wonderfully fun and additive word game, and i really like it.

Game was listed on TA back in 2009 http://toucharcade.com/2009/05/22/wo...-text-teasers/

My 2 Cents
- I searched on YouTube for Wordology and only found 3 results, no gameplay video and the 2 were ads. So i think this game may qualify as undiscovered gem, but that is just my opinion.

Wordology Home Page

Cool. Has it been updated since '09 for iPhone 5-6?
05-18-2015, 07:44 PM
#6
Thanks for posting links Coldar, it's a shame that some of those games haven't been updated since 2012, but i think i may check out Words Deluxe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Cool. Has it been updated since '09 for iPhone 5-6?
Wordology was last updated on January 13, 2015, I just used the TA reference to show it hasn't been mentioned often.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus and requires iOS 8.0 or later.

Last edited by new_ipodtouch5G_owner; 05-18-2015 at 08:15 PM.
05-19-2015, 09:43 PM
#7
Thanks all, might try wordology, I'm on the fence.
This new Gnomium sounds exciting.
I wish Pop Cap would update Bookworm's dictionary, and that Gage would make an easier SpellTower mode. Those damn 5 and 6 tiles!
05-20-2015, 09:25 AM
#8
Technically, this isn't a hidden jem word game, but is a soon to be released game called Word Morph! by Nimble Minds.

Game will be released on May 27.

Word Morph! looks like a fun word building game, that is filled with bright colors.
From what i understand, you will be able to choose 3/4/5/6/7 letter words.

Here is the post the developer started http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=256230
Nimble Minds Home Page

05-20-2015, 01:30 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,330
That video sold me on Word Morph along with the timed/relax mode. Marking my calendar for it! Appreciate posting it!
05-21-2015, 08:19 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_ipodtouch5G_owner View Post
Technically, this isn't a hidden jem word game, but is a soon to be released game called Word Morph! by Nimble Minds.

Game will be released on May 27.

Word Morph! looks like a fun word building game, that is filled with bright colors.
From what i understand, you will be able to choose 3/4/5/6/7 letter words.

Here is the post the developer started http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=256230
Nimble Minds Home Page

YouTube: video
Cool, I will definitely be trying that one.