Looking for a nice MMO

04-05-2015, 05:41 AM
Looking for a nice MMO

Hi there,
I've tried some games, I've also been looking in reviews/posts on various websites, but still can't find the right game.

Do you know any game that:
is MMO, where you should level your characters, that char would have skills and possibly level them.
has an interesting weapon system, where you can upgrade weapon levels even upgrade their quality.
has some kind of open world (like Order & Chaos).
has a lot of to do in the game (Like runescape for example)
have fun quests/battles.
basically something like order and chaos, but preferably a different items system (where items aren't bound or anything)

Would probably be the best if it was paid, so there would be no gems system in the game.

Is there any games like that or similar to it?
04-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Celtic heroes (but requires A LOT of grinding if you're not willing to spend $$)
Avabel (not sure about it's economy system but it seems nice)
Graal online era
(Amazing economy system,it does not have leveling system and skills BUT it plays like Gta 5 online - you have gangs,bases,events,a lot of fun overall.

The economy system consists of 2 currencies - gralats and event coins,1 can be bought or earned throughout the game and the other one cannot be bought but can be earned through the events that require skills and tactic,anyone can do events,you spend event coins on special items that are not available for gralats.

There are both guns (TONS OF GUNS) and melees (TONS OF MELEES but unlike the guns they can be traded in the trade house) ,so if you're bored you can use one of them.

There are many different jobs including digging shells (shells is a current main currency in the trade market in Graal online era),mining ore (usually nobody does that but mining has a leveling system and at high levels you'll mine much faster),car/taxi missions (pretty good overall but constant killing on the streets makes it hard sometimes,but you get more HP inside of the car so),pizza cooking (pretty nice job but it's sometimes crowded,I've got 2 of my expensive guns by cooking there) and my most favorite ones are - trash picking (you pick random trash throughout the whole map with a trashpick,you can sell the trash in the recycling center) and mushroom gathering (you gather mushrooms that grow in forest areas with mushrooms,the original knife that is being sold in the mushroom store is pretty slow but at the trade house players can sell you much,much faster knives for a pretty good price).
Mixing both trash picking and mushroom gathering is currently the best way to get gralats.

There is pking (killing on the streets,inside of the bases) and sparring (1v1 in a special arena),there is also gang spar (5v5).You get rewards like special hats,skins for weapons,even weapons for getting a lot of kills/spar wins like 100 k kills or 15 k wins in spar.

There is basing which is basically "king of the hill" or "capture the zone",it is mainly team based so you need a gang or friends for it but you can also go there to either try to solo the base or just get some kills like I do (I just get in and activate the rampage mode lol).
Gangs that hold bases for a certain amount of hours get rewards such as hats,special subway station in the main city (they are limited),the best reward is the special skin for the most used/favorite gun of the gang,it is truly unique.

There are also normal events that are hosted by admins (very important players that are managers in era,developers of certain projects,they are getting paid in main game currency though) like races,luck events,team based games like team deathmatch,capture the flag,there are spar events that are basically each player against each player and there is only 1 winner at the end and etc.

There are also bot events,unlike the admin hosted events they also give you gralats,sometimes event coins,there is chance,sumo,last man standing,crab wrestling,explosive chance,races,etc.

The best thing about the currency system is that every gun is amazing with a certain amount of skills and that you don't have to get new weapons every time they get released.
You can spend in-game cash once and never spend it again.
The economy is so friendly that i myself spent like 36$ on the game already in 3 years of playing)

You should definitely play it,Graal classic is only about melee weapons and it is much less action than Graal era and Graal zone still needs a lot of balancing and updates.
04-05-2015, 07:19 AM
There is no MMORPG out there that would fit all the wishes you listed above, mainly because none of them is paid. MMOs rely on a big player base and that would not be possible on mobile devices with a premium model. Some of the MMOs do however offer optional subscriptions, and with that you get a certain amount of gems (gold/exclusive items etc.) each month, so that is kind of a compromise between premium and free to play.

Anyway, there are a few 3D MMORPGs out there. Order and Chaos, as you mentioned, Midgard Rising, Celtic Heroes, Armed Heroes, Izanagi Online, Avabel Online, Pocket Legends, Star Legends, Dark Legends, Arcane Legends (there might be more).

*Links lead to TouchArcade threads.

Here is my opinion on some of them. You can dismiss it though and just try the games out yourself, because they are free to play afterall.
Pocket Legends/Star Legends/Dark Legends are abandoned games (they will no longer get any content updates) and are therefore not worth playing.
Arcane Legends is still getting content updates, but it's not my cup of tea. It has a heavy F2P model and is pay to win if you want to be competitive in PvP and there are too few skills. Has a great community though. It's not open-world though, but has smaller instances.
Midgard Rising (a.k.a. World of Midgard beta) is nowhere near a complete game and has a long way to go before it can offer an enjoyable experience. I doubt we will ever see that happen though, because the game seems to be stuck in development hell.
I haven't played Celtic Heroes much (I used to be into another MMO at the time), but it always seemed like a good game to play and it recently got quite a big overhaul. I'd say it's pretty close to O&C. Not too sure on the mechanics of the game though.

Or you can join the masses and wait for the release of Albion Online, which will be fully released sometime in 2016.

Last edited by Primoz; 04-05-2015 at 08:54 AM.
04-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Celtic Heroes is very good. The community is better than O&C though smaller. I really enjoy Avabel and Izanagi, but I feel like I have no direction in either. That can be a good thing though. Izanagi is gorgeous and Celtic Heroes recently had a graphics overhaul. Just try a couple hours of each, I understand the frustration in freemium, but these are all good games anyway. I mean, it's an MMORPG, you were planning on grinding, right?
04-06-2015, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda33 View Post
Celtic Heroes is very good. The community is better than O&C though smaller. I really enjoy Avabel and Izanagi, but I feel like I have no direction in either. That can be a good thing though. Izanagi is gorgeous and Celtic Heroes recently had a graphics overhaul. Just try a couple hours of each, I understand the frustration in freemium, but these are all good games anyway. I mean, it's an MMORPG, you were planning on grinding, right?
I quit Celtic heroes because of the grinding and I played Graal and the time that I needed to put in seemed a bit too long. Unless there is a wiki or something you don't really have help on what to do next and there are many, many young people trying to kill you since you are a newbie or trying to date each other, more annoying than the first thing.

I like avabel but there's too much going on for me to take in at times. I've yet to try Order and Chaos.

Last edited by Anonomation; 04-06-2015 at 12:51 PM.