Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 11-02-2014, 04:16 AM

Default MFi Controller and iOS 8.1 ?

Hi!
I would like to know if the bug with MFi controller in iOS 8 has been fixed in iOS 8.1 ?
Thank you very much.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:56 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thus far, I havent experienced any issues with the Mad Catz Micro CTRLi. It seems the bug might be limited to the Rebel and the Stratus.

Apple is also investigating the issue, so there might be a more fundamental fix for the other controllers
Old 11-02-2014, 02:14 PM

Default it depends on the game

I received my C.T.R.L.i yesterday. I've only tried it with three games; Bastion, Wayward Souls and Inferno 2 (which I picked up yesterday, specifically to play with the controller). I've spent the most time with Wayward Souls with no issues, played Bastion for a few minutes with no issues. Inferno 2 slows down to a crawl after playing a level or two.

My question is: does Apple consider it to a problem on their end that requires a patch to the operating system, or do they feel that this issue is due to the developers doing something wrong?

This isn't the first time that something has broken with a new Apple OS. Many times Apple leaves it up to the developers to fix things. Apple isn't known for backwards compatability, in my opinion.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:56 PM

Thanks for yours answer.
I have the Stratus from Steelseries (that 's why I stay on iOS 7).
I read (http://toucharcade.com/2014/09/19/psa-the-moga-rebel-and-steelseries-stratus-ios-8/) that only Apple could fix the problem, so I don't know if they did it in iOS 8.1.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:10 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

I ordered an Air 2 yesterday so i have to deal with this issue (i have the stratus).I really hope they will fix it and the stratus doesn't end as a piece of dead plastic now.I payed 70 f*cking Euro just half a year ago
Old 11-10-2014, 12:14 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

There's a firmware update on the stratus website that adresses the IOS8 issues.I tried it with all MFI compatible games i have.All good.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:24 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
There's a firmware update on the stratus website that adresses the IOS8 issues.I tried it with all MFI compatible games i have.All good.
Sadly, that doesn't address the lag issues. Launch a game like Sonic in a memory constrained situation, and you'll find that joystick and d-pad inputs lag noticeably. Hopefully SteelSeries is planning to fix that, because it makes a number of games very difficult to play...
Old 11-10-2014, 12:37 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

i played racing games like asphalt 8 or Beach Buggy racing yesterday.I would also consider them"critical"to input lags (maybe not like sonic but still...) but i couldn't notice any lag.If it's there then it's still very playable.

edit:thanks for doing afterpad btw,nice site!
Old 11-10-2014, 04:34 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
i played racing games like asphalt 8 or Beach Buggy racing yesterday.I would also consider them"critical"to input lags (maybe not like sonic but still...) but i couldn't notice any lag.If it's there then it's still very playable.

edit:thanks for doing afterpad btw,nice site!
Thanks

Yeah, it works in some games, but it's too inconsistent for me to really recommend. There is an identifiable, reproducable problem here, and SteelSeries really needs to address it.

Could be worse, though - the MOGA Rebel barely works in iOS 8
Old 11-11-2014, 11:57 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

After testing it a couple of hours more i have to admit there IS still a small lag with the stratus.As said before,still very playable for me.

Anyway,the stratus was just a compromise (although an expensive one) until more controller for an affordable price show up.I have an eye on the Madcatz controller now but will wait another couple of months and see how the market grows...and the prices go down.