App description: [ Story Mode ]
- A dark, twisted fantasy -
The world of Baroque is one inhabited by twisted people.
Meta-Beings, Angels, the Order of Malkuth, and the "Neuro Tower" are all tangled threads of the warped tapestry that is Baroque.

- A World that changes everytime you play -
The protagonist must head to the lowest floor of the Neuro Tower and fight through the foul denizens of the world.
The Neuro Tower itself is also constantly distorting, and hence, the protagonist will be introduced to a new labyrinth every time he sets foot inside.

- Battle with Meta-Beings -
Strange and twisted Meta-Beings will impede your progress through the Neuro Tower.
You will need to use your purification abilities as well as a vast assortment of weapons, armor, and even parasites.

[ Survival Mode ]
- An acquisition score is registered into ranking -
In survival mode, an "EXP", "Time", etc. which were gained by the time it cleared or died serve as a score.
The player and others in the world can be challenged by registering this score into the GameCenter.

- Equipment only for Survival Mode "Purification Rifle"
Shoot and beat the Meta-Beings who attack and come by the "purification rifle" which makes a bullet "the fragment of a Idea Sephirah" which appears by an Meta-Being's purification!

The change of "Rifle" and "Sword" is touch the Weapon Icon of the screen right, and it can change it in an instant.

Exact-Psience's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Can someone post the link to this? Found this on the PH appstore on my ipad. Screenshots look like the real baroque, and it's a 208mb download, but the price is FREE, which is worrying.

Cant download this as im in a crappy wifi area right now.
It's the real deal. The price is actually $8.99; all you get for free is the prologue. It's truly a bizarre game, with a story that is nearly incomprehensible. I ended up paying for the whole thing -- I love the art direction, and the whole rogue-like aspect is pretty cool.

Last edited by squarezero; 12-29-2012 at 09:14 PM.

12-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks SZ. I did enjoy this a lot on the PS2. Very hardcore perma death roguelike in 3d. I was waiting for anything like this to happen for the iOS and this is prayer fulfilled. Now, if capcom also gives us BOF5.
12-29-2012, 07:02 PM
This is insane. Downloading now, preparing to instabuy IAP... wait, how is this legit?
12-29-2012, 07:33 PM
So this is definitely different than this, right?

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hlight=Baroque

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
This is insane. Downloading now, preparing to instabuy IAP... wait, how is this legit?
http://www.sting.co.jp/baroque/sp/jp/man/index_en.html

It's published by Sting, the original Japanese developer (Atlus was the original publisher). The iOS version is based on the 2008 remake, which included a third person view. No voice acting, though.
12-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
So this is definitely different than this, right?

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hlight=Baroque
Yep. This one uses the standard left-move, swipe-right camera set up. There is a full story mode, too.
12-29-2012, 07:39 PM
How much gameplay is the prologue? Enough to get into the game to decide on IAPs.
12-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
How much gameplay is the prologue? Enough to get into the game to decide on IAPs.
It was for me. You go through 4 or 5 floors of the dungeon as a level 50 character. At the end you are "revived" as a 1st level character.
12-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Anyone wanna see some Prologue gameplay? will be uploading it in a bit

Hi, I'm Ajay
iMessage: ajaysaini1996@yahoo.ca
GAMELOFT LIVE ID: STK_ULTIMACY
www.youtube.com/AceTheTopGun