Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM

Hi CygnetSeven,

We do not have a video yet as we are figuring out how to take a nice video on the simulator as our monitor size is too small. But we will figure out something soon enough, maybe use an external monitor. But here are some screenshots. We did this game over a period of 3 weeks during our Christmas break as we ramped up our hiring in anticipation of a big project that didn't come through and we were stuck with additional headcount and a new office, but no big project.

So we decided to launch our own game and we have already submitted a new version to Apple a few minutes ago as we found some minor bugs and additions to the game

A world that is randomly generated every time you start a new game

Buy weapons with unique attributes. We took this feature from the Diablo series

Fight enemies such as the fiery phoenix in puzzle matching fun

The phoenix is too easy? Why not try the werewolf?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Awesome, I grabbed AE4T3AJWKMK3

I'll try out the game fully, and give a feedback on it and what you can improve in the future :-)
Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Wow, pretty elementary stuff here. The sound effects are straight out of my C64 days, the graphics are rudimentary and the game play is not interesting. Sorry I can't be positive on this but I'm telling it like I see it.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeyad View Post
Awesome, I grabbed AE4T3AJWKMK3

I'll try out the game fully, and give a feedback on it and what you can improve in the future :-)
Thanks Xeyad,

Will be looking forward to it. We intend to develop this game with community feedback as long as it is sustainable as running a business, I have to meet payroll for my guys and only way we can do that is to create a game that people will be willing and happy to buy.

My team and I have some great ideas among ourselves, but we are still debating the validity of it though, so keep checking back for more info from us.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
Wow, pretty elementary stuff here. The sound effects are straight out of my C64 days, the graphics are rudimentary and the game play is not interesting. Sorry I can't be positive on this but I'm telling it like I see it.
Hi Amn64,

What could be improved in the game? Please tell us so that we can try to incorporate it in the game in future.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj

So far so good, I'd try to have a tutorial level just to tell the player the goals in the game and how to play. Also, it took me a good 15 seconds to get into the castle, so maybe make that easier. In this game you go in different towers/castles and fight various enemies using a dungeon raid style combat. I'm only through the first tower and haven't seen the weapon upgrade system yet. Dev, is there a way to upgrade other attributes, like coin collection, magic and health restoring? I see potential in the game, but still needs work. The sounds could be alot better like amn64 mentioned.

edit: and with the art style I think the dev was going for the comm 64 type art and didn't do a bad job there.
-This game would really be alot better if it had some good background music and better sound affects.

Last edited by swishinj; 01-06-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Ug, I really hate it when codes get posted openly instead of by PM. Lurkers often end up with it rather than active forum users who will give you feedback on the game.

However I managed to snag a code this time, and I appreciate it!

Thanks

(Took MKTLXA7EMYWM)
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishinj View Post
So far so good, I'd try to have a tutorial level just to tell the player the goals in the game and how to play. Also, it took me a good 15 seconds to get into the castle, so maybe make that easier. In this game you go in different towers/castles and fight various enemies using a dungeon raid style combat. I'm only through the first tower and haven't seen the weapon upgrade system yet. Dev, is there a way to upgrade other attributes, like coin collection, magic and health restoring? I see potential in the game, but still needs work. The sounds could be alot better like amn64 mentioned.

edit: and with the art style I think the dev was going for the comm 64 type art and didn't do a bad job there.
Hi swishinj,

For the sound, are you referring to the sound effects or the lack of a background music? We got the sound effects from some free audio website as we are doing this on our own budget, hence the stinginess. But if the sound is a sticking point, then we will pull out our wallet to get a proper sound engineer to do some sound effects for us.

Do you think it would be good to have background music? Personally, I turn off the background music for all iOS games that I play as I prefer to list to my own mp3s instead, but it could just be me.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
Took 6HK.... Back to you later with comments. Thanks!
Got WMYXP3X3MRN9

Any chance of adding achievements via Game Center and iphone 5 support?

Played for a quick sec and seems like it will be a fun little match RPG. Took a minute to realize you can make matches that weren't just in straight lines. I kept trying to switch positions like Bejewelled. Lol
Old 01-06-2013, 07:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks like the rest were ninja-used. Tried all the remaining in the edited code post.