★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Tried to write a review, but iTunes said you must buy or download this game before writing a review. Ill try to post it again tommorow.
01-06-2013, 08:46 PM
I remember seeing the screenshots in the upcoming games thread and playing Descent now it's a lot more fun than it looks. The open world design is a novel approach that allows users to select difficulty in whatever following series of battles there are. The graphics showing battle animations are more immersive than the blank Dungeon Raid approach. Well done!

01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I remember seeing the screenshots in the upcoming games thread and playing Descent now it's a lot more fun than it looks. The open world design is a novel approach that allows users to select difficulty in whatever following series of battles there are. The graphics showing battle animations are more immersive than the blank Dungeon Raid approach. Well done!
Thank you, undeadcow. If you have any comments on how to improve it, I would love to hear it.
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
How about doing quest like match more then 5 swords and if you do you get coins?
01-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
How about doing quest like match more then 5 swords and if you do you get coins?
Hi bramblett05,

Do you mean adding in quests where you need to go to a location and then fulfil an objective such as "match more then 5 swords" as a GameCenter achievement and you get some coins for that?
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Initial impressions are quite positive. It's similar to Dungeon Raid, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swishinj View Post
Tried to write a review, but iTunes said you must buy or download this game before writing a review. Ill try to post it again tommorow.
iTunes disallows reviews for apps downloaded by promo code. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibtang View Post
Hi Geoelectric,

Thanks for the long list. A boss at the end is an idea that is already on our list. We are thinking along the lines of making the monster 50% bigger and assign it a random name along with some random attributes such as takes 80% sword damage only etc.

The running display is a good idea and I will discuss it with my small team along with the rest of your suggestions
The boss description sounds good. Maybe even think about gifting an item after killing it? If you could find some clever way to tie the item and boss together, your inventory would become something like a set of achievements.

Anyway, thanks for hearing out the list. Back to the game now!

I play lots of games, especially async ones. You can add me on GC: geoelectric

Last edited by geoelectric; 01-06-2013 at 09:24 PM.
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Game Impressions

01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video
Hi Sanuku,

Thanks you for the awesome video. Really appreciate it. I will show it to my guys
01-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Just played the first dungeon...

I. Love. This.

Geolectric pretty much covered everything (man, do I love it when people like him get codes!), and Bramblett pretty much finished up my thoughts...

LOVE the sounds, LOVE the graphics, and the gameplay is a blast! It's just so elegantly simple!

It would be great to see some kind of bosses as well as a boss/item combo, and I like the idea of (In-game? GC? Both?) achievements, especially linked to certain Match-3 elements (match 5 Swords, match 8 Hearts, etc...).

Random surprises! Random surprises! Random surprises!

Thank you so much for letting me try it out, and good work!

DBC

I give up.