★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Extinction 3d by Athanasios Rogkas $0.99 -> FREE

01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Extinction 3d by Athanasios Rogkas $0.99 -> FREE

Game Center: sink_or_swim
01-06-2013, 09:36 PM
After 11 I assume?

01-06-2013, 09:42 PM
It's kind of a shame to see this app go free. The developer has been active on Touch Arcade and I know he put a lot of work into the most recent update.
01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
It's kind of a shame to see this app go free. The developer has been active on Touch Arcade and I know he put a lot of work into the most recent update.
^This^

DBC

I could never give up.
01-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
Quote:
Well, it's not like it free forever.

So how is the game? Does it control well?
01-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
I agree completely. I had no problem paying for the game. Hopefully this is just to get it bumped up in the rankings and that its not going to start having ads and stuff.
01-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusjr98 View Post
Well, it's not like it free forever.

So how is the game? Does it control well?
The game has a great concept, but if I remember correctly the controls weren't too great. It was either the controls or the gameplay itself that had me delete the game, I cannot recall though. However, it is not even close to the worst of the AppStore. It just could have been better.

EDIT: It was both. Gameplay and controls are lacking. The gameplay could use a lot of work. Little things here and there could have made it an all star game but it seems as if the dev got a little impatient and released it before fully thinking it through. A better story for one. Random missions and mini stories in free roam would have been such an easy thing to make the game that much better. It's just disappointing, and upsetting as the game has such potential.

Last edited by repapermunky; 01-07-2013 at 12:08 AM.
01-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Quote:
This. But hopefully this will help it gain some exposure, 'cause it definitely is a solid game with lotsa potential...

All y'all! Quickly! Download this now and go rate it! Maybe it'll help the dev out a bit.

EDIT: Or even better, wait for it to go back to paid, then buy it to support the dev!
01-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
This. But hopefully this will help it gain some exposure, 'cause it definitely is a solid game with lotsa potential...

All y'all! Quickly! Download this now and go rate it! Maybe it'll help the dev out a bit.

EDIT: Or even better, wait for it to go back to paid, then buy it to support the dev!
I totally support this. And for the record on the app listing that is me with the first review and that was before the update.
01-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I totally support this. And for the record on the app listing that is me with the first review and that was before the update.
Ugh. I guess I should break my moratorium on leaving iTunes reviews...

I stopped writing reviews once people started openly selling them on TA, but perhaps I can just attach caveats...

The last thing I want to do is inadvertently hurt or punish decent developers.

DBC

I could never give up.

Last edited by Drummerboycroy; 01-06-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Added inadvertently...