Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #371  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
I loved dead trigger but only for the graphics and the arena mode. I didn't play that long because it took way to long to earn enough to buy anything. If this one is structured the same way then count me out and I will never try it, free or not it will be a complete waste of time.
Honestly when you think about it. Madfinger games are the best looking games on iOS. Your getting the game for free, so why not throw them a few bucks for iAP's to support the dev anyway. Most companies ( Gameloft) will charge a premium price for these types of games. Usually a minimum of 5 bucks. So you end up saving money anyway.
  #372  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Dead Trigger is a tech demo. A pretty one, but just a way to show off your graphical abilities, but that's it.
Connector.... Ninjakid just gone and done it !!! Calling DT a tech demo.... Defense Squad unite
  #373  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM
workingman workingman is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ma
Posts: 622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
Honestly when you think about it. Madfinger games are the best looking games on iOS. Your getting the game for free, so why not throw them a few bucks for iAP's to support the dev anyway. Most companies ( Gameloft) will charge a premium price for these types of games. Usually a minimum of 5 bucks. So you end up saving money anyway.
That's a good way of looking at it but with freemium games every IAP is usually set up to get you only to a certain point before you need to pay again or grind for a couple weeks. I don't believe that formula is going to change in my lifetime.
I absolutely agree that madfingers games are the best looking but looks only last for so long
  #374  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Primoz Primoz is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
Honestly when you think about it. Madfinger games are the best looking games on iOS. Your getting the game for free, so why not throw them a few bucks for iAP's to support the dev anyway. Most companies ( Gameloft) will charge a premium price for these types of games. Usually a minimum of 5 bucks. So you end up saving money anyway.
These fanboys

Thats what every developer of a freemium game wants you to see. They didnt make the game for those people who cant afford games. They made it free because they want to reach a larger audience and thus potential costumers.
  #375  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
These fanboys

Thats what every developer of a freemium game wants you to see. They didnt make the game for those people who cant afford games. They made it free because they want to reach a larger audience and thus potential costumers.
Not a fanboy, get a clue

Obviously if people are expecting these games to be free and be able to attain all the weapons easily. What motivation is it for them to buy any iAP's. Then they can get a premium game for nothing.

Do you honestly think that Madfinger can make games and not make any money?? lol. Of course they want to reach a wider audience and therefore make more money and potential sales.

That is why they made a game in the first place, to make money. They are a business and probably have family to support. So these noobs ( not referring to Workingman) that come on Touch arcade and complain that when a premium game is free ( fremium) and they can't attain a weapon so easily or level up quickly. I find that pathetic.

Supporting a good developer that makes great games such as Madfinger is the right thing to do.

I would never feel that I'm entitled to a free game with easily attainable weapons, Levelling up, etc...

Fanboy?? lol

Last edited by Johnny101; 01-18-2013 at 02:02 PM..
  #376  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Primoz Primoz is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
Not a fanboy, get a clue

Obviously if people are expecting these games to be free and be able to attain all the weapons easily. What motivation is it for them to buy any iAP's. Then they can get a premium game for nothing.

Do you honestly think that Madfinger can make games and not make any money?? lol. Of course they want to reach a wider audience and therefore make more money and potential sales.

That is why they made a game in the first place, to make money. They are a business and probably have family to support. So these noobs ( not referring to Workingman) that come on Touch arcade and complain that when a premium game is free ( fremium) and they can't attain a weapon so easily or level up quickly. I find that pathetic.

Supporting a good developer that makes great games such as Madfinger is the right thing to do.

I would never feel that I'm entitled to a free game with easily attainable weapons, Levelling up, etc...

Fanboy?? lol
You said earlier: Buy IAPs to support the developer, because they made a great free game
You say now: Buy IAPs because they are necessary, because its a free game.

Hm.
  #377  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
You said earlier: Buy IAPs to support the developer, because they made a great free game
You say now: Buy IAPs because they are necessary, because its a free game.

Hm.
It's both, not too hard that figure that out. To support Madfinger because they do make great games and it is necessary because if no one paid for the iAP's, there wouldn't be a Madfinger Company. They would go bankrupt.
  #378  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Primoz Primoz is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
It's both, not too hard that figure that out. To support Madfinger because they do make great games and it is necessary because if no one paid for the iAP's, there wouldn't be a Madfinger Company. They would go bankrupt.
So you do admit they force you to support them, if you want to have an enjoyable experience with the game. Why are you trying to make it sound like: "hey, thats a great free game! I should give the developers money, because they are so great for giving as a free game!".

Last edited by Primoz; 01-18-2013 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: I like cats.
  #379  
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
So you do admit they force you to support them, if you want to have an enjoyable experience with the game. Why are you trying to make it sound like: "hey, thats a great free game! I should give the developers money, because they are so great for giving as a free game!".

Man, you debate like you're 12 years old. ??

Do you realize that it costs money to make premium games on iOS?? Their recent games like Dead Trigger, Shadowgun Deadzone and the soon to be Dead Trigger 2 are premium games, that cost a lot of money to make and produce.


I just gave you the reason but I don't think you understand that in order for them to go on making great games, they do need to make money. Are they forcing you to buy iAP's.... no.

But if you want to see Madfinger make more games, updates, etc.... The right thing to do would be to buy iAP's to support them ( therefore, they make more money).

Do I think their games are great.... Yes.
Do they need people to buy their iAP's in order for them to make more money ( thus, staying in business)..... Yes
Are they forcing people to buy iAP's..... No

I don't know how to make it more clearer to you....

Honestly that is the problem with some gamers, their sense of entitlement.

" Hey Madfinger, make us a free game, and don't make it too hard, because I want to level up quickly and get the best weapons. How dare you try and make me work for it".... lol. What you want me to spend 2 bucks on a great game. Screw you guys"..... ( Sarcasm)

Last edited by Johnny101; 01-18-2013 at 03:07 PM..
  #380  
Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Primoz Primoz is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
Man, you debate like you're 12 years old. ??

Do you realize that it costs money to make premium games on iOS?? Their recent games like Dead Trigger, Shadowgun Deadzone and the soon to be Dead Trigger 2 are premium games, that cost a lot of money to make and produce.


I just gave you the reason but I don't think you understand that in order for them to go on making great games, they do need to make money. Are they forcing you to buy iAP's.... no.

But if you want to see Madfinger make more games, updates, etc.... The right thing to do would be to buy iAP's to support them ( therefore, they make more money).

Do I think their games are great.... Yes.
Do they need people to buy their iAP's in order for them to make more money ( thus, staying in business)..... Yes
Are they forcing people to buy iAP's..... No

I don't know how to make it more clearer to you....

Honestly that is the problem with some gamers, their sense of entitlement.

" Hey Madfinger, make us a free game, and don't make it too hard, because I want to level up quickly and get the best weapons. How dare you try and make me work for it".... lol. What you want me to spend 2 bucks on a great game. Screw you guys"..... ( Sarcasm)
And yet... this is not what I was saying at all. My posts were replies to your statement and not against dead trigger or Madfinger. I do understand they need money. I was just saying that you should not sugarcoat everything.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent