★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

When will there be a REAL basketball game?`

06-30-2009, 01:18 PM
When will there be a REAL basketball game?`

Flick NBA is eh... decent at the most. Streetball is flat out horrible when will we see a true basketball game?!?!??!?!?!!?!?
06-30-2009, 01:18 PM
hopefully EA will make one.. like they're making FIFA 10.

06-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I heard EA is working on NBA Live 2010.

I think it's supposed to be released sometime this year.
06-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Probably during basketball season
06-30-2009, 10:13 PM
How I WISH someone would port NBA Jam (the super nintendo version) to the Iphone. It would be perfect.
Joystick on the left to move your player, tap to pass, slide upward and release at the right time to shoot.
Oh and there would have to be a turbo/coloured shoes button
07-01-2009, 04:22 AM
While my favourite sport is football (the real one), i do badly want to play real football/x2 footbal quality basketball and ice hockey games on the iphone...should be awesome

Hopefully at least EA will do it
07-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alza View Post
How I WISH someone would port NBA Jam (the super nintendo version) to the Iphone. It would be perfect.
Joystick on the left to move your player, tap to pass, slide upward and release at the right time to shoot.
Oh and there would have to be a turbo/coloured shoes button
Yeah, NBA Jam (SNES) would be awesome. That sounds like a good control scheme too. Maybe a shoot button though, cuz i think having to swipe would get in the way of the game at times.

If i'm not mistaken, Midway made NBA Jam and they're now bankrupt and getting bought out by Warner Bros. or something. Maybe we could try to get them to port the game over to the iDevice somehow. You know it would cost them next to nothing to port it, and they'd make a bundle cuz you know it would sell. 
07-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneGamr View Post
Flick NBA is eh... decent at the most. Streetball is flat out horrible when will we see a true basketball game?!?!??!?!?!!?!?
I've been wondering bout that too for a longgg looongggg time ..okay only since i bought my iphone 3G last october. But, still. It's a lonnggg loonggg time to wait for a tru basketbal game on the iphone!

I mean, there's soccer, football n baseball already!

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!
07-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Streetball isn't bad, it's the closest thing to a full basketball simmer on the iPhone/iPod Touch. There's a Lite version, you might want to check that out.
07-06-2009, 03:15 PM
hopefully we will get a good hockey game before basketball, since basketball is the worst and most boring sport in the world(besides golf, but golf is at least fun to play)

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.