Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for your replies guys. Looks like Mad Processor is quite good at making 3D masterpieces. Also I forgot to add Fibble HD. One of the good examples of Crytek quality.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Agree about Air Mail, thats a great game and one people should be talking about and playing. Think that crept under the radar a bit
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
Hmm, not so sure about that. Dead Space was a great game, no doubt, but there were some odd design decisions, graphically. For example, some of the random objects in the background scenery had nice high-res textures, while objects such as the upgrade bench that is accessed throughout the game had horrendous low-res textures. I could never figure out why they would do that.

Overall the game looked very good. The corpses lying on the ground even had individual fingers and bloody spines/organs protruding (yes I notice these things ) and the general feel of the game was one of great detail and care. The poly count was high as well for both Vandal and the necros, and the iPad 2 enhanced version looked even better (extremely irritating that my iPad 3 & 4 only run the iPad 1 version )

Plus the sound design was very, very good.

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-08-2013 at 11:13 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
By all means give it another go. I've played through the 2 PC games and it's just a textbook example of how to do a tie-in for a big console game IMO.

I actually thought the animations were overall excellent, plus this was one of the first iOS 3D titles to use ragdoll physics. Agree that the necros could use some better textures. Keep in kind that this game was compatible with all iOS device models, though.

Firemonkeys currently have a "secret project" that the press wasn't allowed into while previewing NFS. I hope/pray that it's a DS3 tie-in. God that game would be just unbelievable.
Actually I was talking about the models, or meshes. I think the textures are fine, but models are too blocky too look good IMHO. Still scary, though. But if that DS3 project is true...Oh boy...I'm ready to pay 20 bucks for a solid Dead Space game.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
(extremely irritating that my iPad 3 & 4 only run the iPad 1 version )
What the?

I HAVE A IPAD 4, TOO. IS THAT THE REASON WHY GAME LOOKS SO BAD ON MY IPAD???
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Overall the game looked very good. The corpses lying on the ground even had individual fingers and bloody spines/organs protruding (yes I notice these things ) and the general feel of the game was one of great detail and care. The poly count was high as well for both Vandal and the necros, and the iPad 2 enhanced version looked even better (extremely irritating that my iPad 3 & 4 only run the iPad 1 version )

Plus the sound design was very, very good.
I agree, that's why it was odd that the items under the closest scrutiny often had the poorest textures. They stood out like a sore thumb against most of the game which looked great.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensword Lover View Post
What the?

I HAVE A IPAD 4, TOO. IS THAT THE REASON WHY GAME LOOKS SO BAD ON MY IPAD???
Before iOS 6 I could mod the game and run most of the iPad 2 enhancements, but then apple locked it down and now you can't modify app files except the saves.

Look at the screenshots for the "HD" version and compare to your own build. There's a big difference in particle effects, AA, necro models, everything. Even some bump mapping. You can't see all of it from the screens but those were the improvements I saw when I hacked it.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Before iOS 6 I could mod the game and run most of the iPad 2 enhancements, but then apple locked it down and now you can't modify app files except the saves.

Look at the screenshots for the "HD" version and compare to your own build. There's a big difference in particle effects, AA, necro models, everything. Even some bump mapping. You can't see all of it from the screens but those were the improvements I saw when I hacked it.
Then our last hope is an update from EA which I don't think it will come.

Maybe we should mail EA about this situation?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:31 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensword Lover View Post
Then our last hope is an update from EA which I don't think it will come.

Maybe we should mail EA about this situation?
Good luck with that. It's a two year old game, last updated, oh, late 2011. I think we're stuck with what we have. Plus we all know EA
Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Good luck with that. It's a two year old game, last updated, oh, late 2011. I think we're stuck with what we have. Plus we all know EA
Hmmm, can we hack the game like before when the JB arrives?