★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is there a better hand held device?

06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Is there a better hand held device?

Seriously, I've owned almost every hand held device from back to the original orange on darker orange gameboy, to the NeoGeo Pocket, PSP, and the DS.

Nothing tops the iPhone/iPod Touch. The gaming catalog is so diverse, games range from classic PC releases like The Quest and Wolf3D, to more arcade type games like Blue Attack and Vector Tanks.

The system has everything, it can browse the internet, make phone calls, organize your life, take pictures, play movies and music, the list goes on.

It has no moving parts unlike the psp, it's smaller than a DS, it's more fucntional than anything else on the market in terms of 'the whole package'.

I don't know, it just really hit me today how amazing the iDevice's really are.

One Bag Travel - For the smart and frugal traveler.

Last edited by Brinkman; 06-30-2009 at 04:05 PM.
06-30-2009, 03:43 PM
ATARI LYNX 4EVA.

Um ... seriously, yeah, iDevices are pretty awesome all things considered.

I still liked the Lynx...

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

06-30-2009, 03:43 PM
I still love my DS on long trips, iPhone battery doesn't allow for that to be possible =P
06-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacool561 View Post
I still love my DS on long trips, iPhone battery doesn't allow for that to be possible =P
for sure. My ds broke though I dropped it and the stupid hinge cracked. It works its just not comfortable to play. I want to get a new one so I can get fire emblem and then scribblenauts when that comes out in december, but there will almost definately be a new nintendo handheld next year so I am holding off. Nintendo would have launched one this year but the ds is still selling so well that it wouldn't make sense.
06-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Mine charges in my car while it's hooked up to the stereo

One Bag Travel - For the smart and frugal traveler.
06-30-2009, 04:14 PM
as much as i love the iphone and everything, i don't think anything ill ever beat pokemon among being fun and repayable beyond anything ever ha

love my iphone and its game but pokemon will never be beaten

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
It all depends on what you want. I'm still like my DS and play it quite often as I can't get enough rpgs which the genre really likes the DS as well That and it even has a GBA slot which expands the game selection to impossible to match range!

Then again I use my iPhone quite a lot and enjoy the fact that even when I only have my phone with me I'm only a thumb press away from gaming if I get bored somewhere.

If at first you don't succeed... you have 2 more lives to get it right!
06-30-2009, 04:50 PM
with games

\.../
.\./
./.\
/...\

but with other stuff

...../
..../
\_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win

Last edited by super6ft7; 06-30-2009 at 04:52 PM.
06-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Quote:
There are alot of extended batteries out there for iDevices, which double the life of the batteries...

Check out www.mophie.com & i think griffin makes one too...
06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGill View Post
There are alot of extended batteries out there for iDevices, which double the life of the batteries...

Check out www.mophie.com & i think griffin makes one too...
inCase PowerSlider, I has it. Great battery case. Nice rubberized feel, excellent battery life. Mophie looks okay, but you need to get the JuicePack Air if you want full device coverage. (The original only covers the back and bottom; most of the sides and top remain exposed) I've heard some complaints about it being cheap, though.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko