Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 AM

I'm wondering if I'm alone in this, but this is one of the only games I would like a mission skipping function in I find it hard to get hurt by ten different objects in one run since if you make it far enough, getting hurt once is a death sentence. Plus, I would rather spend my runs trying to get high scores then get hurt, but that's just me either way, awesome job Kumo!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:41 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by decabao View Post
So..I really enjoy this so far, but wish for an option where you can swap the controls.. For me as a lefthander using mainly my right thumb in games feels a bit uncomfortable
I sent the developer a request for this and he said it will be in the next update!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohl960 View Post
I'm wondering if I'm alone in this, but this is one of the only games I would like a mission skipping function in I find it hard to get hurt by ten different objects in one run since if you make it far enough, getting hurt once is a death sentence. Plus, I would rather spend my runs trying to get high scores then get hurt, but that's just me either way, awesome job Kumo!
You are not alone! I too would love to be able to skip that particular mission. It's been in the queue for a day or two and I can't figure out a way to beat it, or even muster the patience to try anymore. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to fail 10 times and failing at it.

As for pets, I completely agree with Andy above. They seem like a great way to lose cake and not much else, so I'm not too worried about people buying their way to the top. In fact, I'm #35 on the leader boards without using any pets. I think the order of things that influence your score most would be Skill > Luck > Pets, with skill and luck close together and pets pretty far behind.

However, I would enjoy having a way to "buy" a pet permanently to use on every run. It seems like that would probably keep both camps happy.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohl960 View Post
I find it hard to get hurt by ten different objects in one run since if you make it far enough, getting hurt once is a death sentence.
I'm still stuck on that mission, but I'm fine not having a skip option because it makes the game challenging. I know I'll get it. I'm still progressing on other missions and am at rank 43.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

Ha, that mission is also the one I just can't accomplish But I'm on it. One. More. Try.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

It took me several tries to complete that mission, but it isn't that bad! You just need to make a run with that as your primary goal, using the time shift powers to align yourself to hit enemies and meteors early on before speed is absolutely required to advance.

I'm now stuck on the mission that calls for you to acquire every gem in a constellation without using a magnet. I thought I actually got it at one point but it either bugged out or I must have missed just one gem in that constellation because it didn't pop and I was unable to rewind anymore.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I had that 'get hurt by 10 things' in my list for quite a while, but never attempted it until I read that some were having difficulty with it. Got it on my first try. I had one hit left to go, and the 'end' was right on my ass, but I just got it in time. Ended up around 4,000m.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM

You've all inspired me, giving it another go now. Time surfer better get ready for some head bonkin'
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
I had that 'get hurt by 10 things' in my list for quite a while, but never attempted it until I read that some were having difficulty with it. Got it on my first try. I had one hit left to go, and the 'end' was right on my ass, but I just got it in time. Ended up around 4,000m.
That one's pretty easy. Hit a spike, rewind for a split second, die again, rewind, do it 10 times.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:31 AM

I don't recall if spikes counted for me; I thought it was just asteroids and aliens. Also, not sure about your wording, but when you rewind after getting hurt it takes one away from your counter since they must be different objects hurting you (I can't tell if you were saying rewind and hit the same spike ten times, apologies if I'm wrong). Did it though! I feel silly now that it gave me so much trouble. It's kind of like a whole separate game managing the time mechanic so precisely along with speed to make sure you stay alive long enough.