• Publisher: Kumobius
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 30.4 MB
  • Version: 1.4.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Surf for your life across the galaxy! The end of the universe is after you. Your only hope? Cheating death by rewinding time! Get ready for an adrenaline-pumping surf!

4.5/5 - Touch Arcade
4/5 - 148 Apps
4.5/5 - App Smile
4/5 - App Spy
8/10 - PocketGamer
IGN App of the Day

* Previously App Store Editors Choice *

"one of the best endless runner games we've seen in a long time." -- TouchArcade

"Time Surfer is blazing fast." -- Indie Games

"leaving you with a wide, faraway grin on your space battered face." -- PocketGamer

"The Time Surfer soundtrack is more than just a single piece of musicit's a journey." -- Kotaku

"The most promising runner Ive seen in a long while." -- IGN

"From the old school visuals to the thrilling gameplay, you need this title in your life." -- GameTrailers.com

"A great example of how a fun idea can be iterated upon." -- 148 Apps

SIMPLE CONTROLS, NO COMPROMISE

Two touch gameplay keeps everything easy to reach and easy to play. Touch with your right thumb to dive. Touch with your left thumb to rewind time. It couldnt be simpler.

EVERYTHING ENDS, AGAIN AND AGAIN

Dodge spikes, pits and the end of the universe - its a typical, never-ending day in the life of a trans-dimensional cosmic time god! Pick up speed, magnet and time bonuses! Miss one? Rewind and grab it!

RANK UP, PET OUT

Complete missions to unlock new pets and earn Space Cakes to feed them. Little dudes like Axolotl, Squid Scholar or Robo-Duck will join your surf and give you crazy new abilities!

GORGEOUS VISUALS

Transition through beautiful Retina landscapes. Immerse yourself in a starry night as you surf, bounce and fly through various zones with different hazards and scenery!

BACK IN THE GOOD OLD 80S

Psychedelic visuals backed up by numerous references to 80s icons, including a police box, a time-travelling car and the monkey king on a cloud.

UP THE ANTE

Surf through Hell Zone and turn the difficulty up to 11 with a spike-infested gauntlet or try the Kepler Run, a surreal flight through a galaxy swamped with black holes. For those who really love a challenge.

A HAUNTING SOUNDTRACK

A spacey, hand-crafted chip-tune soundtrack from composer Derris-Kharlan. Each track sets the mood and reflects on Time Surfers inevitable doom yet eternal existence. Living forever is both a blessing and a curse.

== Universal and iCloud Support ==

- Full iCloud support - all pets, costumes and purchases sync across your devices!

- Universal App - play on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini!

- Compete with Game Center across four varying game modes: arcade, holiday hills, the kepler run and hell zone!

== About Us ==

We also made Beans Quest! An award-winning platformer for iPhone and iPad. Check it out if you are looking for a classic platformer with elegant controls!

Say hello@kumobius.com wed love to hear from you!

Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/TimeSurferGame

Follow us on Twitter: @kumobius

Gabrien's comments:

01-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I love both Tiny Wings and Time Surfer, but if the world ends and i was to choose only one game, id go with Time Surfer.
Yeah if I had to choose, Time Surfer would make the cut... there is much more things to do, more frantic, faster and intense.
01-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Yeah if I had to choose, Time Surfer would make the cut... there is much more things to do, more frantic, faster and intense.
If the world was going to end tomorrow, and all I could bring was either Time Surfer, Tiny Wings, or A roll of toilet paper.

I would bring Time Surfer. Cause it's more fun and will last forever.

01-17-2013, 06:00 AM
I'd bring jtpck, because it's better than both.
01-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
I'd bring jtpck, because it's better than both.
You cant be serious...
01-17-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
You cant be serious...
Yeah I really enjoy Time Surfer, as is obvious by my posts in this thread. But the pet system brings it down quite a bit, as does the reliance on luck (more evident in Hell mode).

Jtpck is just pure gameplay, which is something that I really dig. And the upcoming update sounds great. Plus, jtpck really could do with more attention from TA, so you could take my ''jtpck is better'' as half truth, and half wanting more people to notice that awesome little gem.
01-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
Yeah I really enjoy Time Surfer, as is obvious by my posts in this thread. But the pet system brings it down quite a bit, as does the reliance on luck (more evident in Hell mode).
I sort of agree. The pet system, IMO, is a bit broken. It costs a bit too much for the higher end pets after working so dang hard to unlock them. I think the dev needs to change the prices or eliminate the pricing on using pets. Level the playing field a bit but give a perk to the serious gamers.

But Hell Mode I'm pretty mixed on. I've managed to nearly get the same high score several times in that mode but my strategy is completely different than the main game. To survive you need to master the rewind feature but also pick your jumps very wisely and try not to go too fast where as in regular mode you need to go fast consistently (not that you need tips, just describing the difference). Hell Zone is all about precision jumping instead of trying to avoid pits and stuff. When I hit a groove where everything starts to flow... it feels pretty awesome. But it is called "Hell Zone" so it's gotta be tougher.

If my score was a one time fluke, I'd go with it being more luck than anything... but dialing in a strategy for it, I think y'all could probably eclipse my high score.

I played some Tiny Wings. Pretty cool game. The racing aspect in the second mode is pretty nice. The main game is a lot more relaxing than Time Surfer.. but that's not a knock against it or Time Surfer. Flight! I think is somewhat more fun to me than either game. I may need to check out jtpck. Something somewhat similar to that is Panic Springs. I had a lot of fun with that one.

Last edited by nightc1; 01-17-2013 at 02:48 PM.
01-17-2013, 11:31 PM
#1 score!

01-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Wow. That's some serious dedication.
01-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
#1 score!

Damn! I need to step up my game!!
01-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Congrats Matt, great high-score!

Game Center: sink_or_swim