★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-16-2013, 04:06 PM
i have jump in it as well, for now pretty good game, the screenshots in the app store page doesn't do any justice to the ingame graphics at all, so far like swordingo but prettier maybe its better i havent yet spend much time on it

The only thing that needs works in my opinion is re-do the whole UI buttons to make it look like the rest of the game as well the app icon so it gets more notice on the app store

So good work for now Peter or Forge Vault

Last edited by Ausar; 01-16-2013 at 04:08 PM.
01-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@forgevault View Post
Edited : We're currently working on a light version. I may be able to look at 3GS after but I'll tell you now it doesn't run on third gen iPod touch - it crashes during bigger battles.
I hope you can. I know there's actually a number of games that run better on the 3GS than even the iPod Touch 4 so it may work. I just thought if it was just a matter of resizing the UI, it might be an easy change and give you a bit more of a customer base.

If not, I completely understand and will save the game for the day that I can afford to upgrade.

Last edited by awp69; 01-16-2013 at 04:22 PM.

01-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
i have jump in it as well, for now pretty good game, the screenshots in the app store page doesn't do any justice to the ingame graphics at all, so far like swordingo but prettier maybe its better i havent yet spend much time on it

The only thing that needs works in my opinion is re-do the whole UI buttons to make it look like the rest of the game as well the app icon so it gets more notice on the app store

So good work for now Peter or Forge Vault
Thanks for the suggestions, Ausar. We are working on enhancing the UI, and also the icon. We will likely also update the screenshots once we make the changes.
01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
thats good to hear, i have been playing it more and i hope you can get the attention this game deserve

On the other hand are there any other types of weapons like swords? so far i have the pistol
01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Not sure I should be posting this, but as an honest take for what it's worth to the devs and not with any intention to derail:

The game looked interesting but I turned off the video as it became apparent the devs didn't know the difference between "you're" and "your."

If this is undesirable information, one of the mods feel free to delete the post; there sure are enough of you in this thread.
Came here to post the same exact thing. I didn't turn the game off, but the "your" thing is seriously frustrating me. Not just that, either. It appears any semblance of grammatical sufficiency is lost on whoever wrote the script for this game.

Sorry to post a negative thought in what seems to be an otherwise overwhelmingly positive thread, but take pride in your script. Don't just slap it together. It feels like the script was added at the last minute with no regard for emotion or spelling and grammatical accuracy.

While I'm on the Negative Nancy Express, I would also like to point out some other things that have bugged me quite a bit:

- None of the character dialogue feels different. Usually with adventure games like this, characters have very distinct dialogue characteristics. In this case, proper grammar isn't always necessary, especially if you're trying to develop a character as being less-than-intelligent. But make sure you get your their, there, they're, and your & you're correct!

- The narration at the beginning of the game, and the voice that plays when you get a Life Up, Level Up, etc. - Sorry I'm so nitpicky, but there is just no emotion with the person reading that script. With a game so seemingly built on passion, it's unfortunate to see the dialogue and spoken stuff take a hit.

All that being said, though, this game is quite interesting. I get an Oddworld: Munch's Oddyssey vibe from the characters and the level design. The controls are fine, and the graphics are all right considering the art style. You have a great game here. Very different from the norm.

It is very rough around the edges, though, and I can guarantee people who aren't as kind as Touch Arcaders will immediately write it off with the screenshots you have. I know I had no idea what was going on in any of them, and the game itself looked seriously underwhelming in every department. It wasn't until I read the positive feedback on here that I decided to give it a go myself, and I'm glad I did. Like I said, you have a wonderful game on your hands.

That script, though... come on, you can do better than that So many errors... so many mistakes... It is said that every time a grammatical error is made, God sends a stray kitten down a well. If that's true... this game has murdered more kittens than Samara from The Ring has with people!

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
01-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Came here to post the same exact thing. I didn't turn the game off, but the "your" thing is seriously frustrating me. Not just that, either. It appears any semblance of grammatical sufficiency is lost on whoever wrote the script for this game.

Sorry to post a negative thought in what seems to be an otherwise overwhelmingly positive thread, but take pride in your script. Don't just slap it together. It feels like the script was added at the last minute with no regard for emotion or spelling and grammatical accuracy.

While I'm on the Negative Nancy Express, I would also like to point out some other things that have bugged me quite a bit:

- None of the character dialogue feels different. Usually with adventure games like this, characters have very distinct dialogue characteristics. In this case, proper grammar isn't always necessary, especially if you're trying to develop a character as being less-than-intelligent. But make sure you get your their, there, they're, and your & you're correct!

- The narration at the beginning of the game, and the voice that plays when you get a Life Up, Level Up, etc. - Sorry I'm so nitpicky, but there is just no emotion with the person reading that script. With a game so seemingly built on passion, it's unfortunate to see the dialogue and spoken stuff take a hit.

All that being said, though, this game is quite interesting. I get an Oddworld: Munch's Oddyssey vibe from the characters and the level design. The controls are fine, and the graphics are all right considering the art style. You have a great game here. Very different from the norm.

It is very rough around the edges, though, and I can guarantee people who aren't as kind as Touch Arcaders will immediately write it off with the screenshots you have. I know I had no idea what was going on in any of them, and the game itself looked seriously underwhelming in every department. It wasn't until I read the positive feedback on here that I decided to give it a go myself, and I'm glad I did. Like I said, you have a wonderful game on your hands.

That script, though... come on, you can do better than that So many errors... so many mistakes... It is said that every time a grammatical error is made, God sends a stray kitten down a well. If that's true... this game has murdered more kittens than Samara from The Ring has with people!
MasterChief, you are absolutely correct in your constructive criticisms of our game.

We've corrected the spelling and grammar for version 1.1 - which should be out any day now.

You are the first person to make mention of the dialogue and narration; thanks for sharing your thoughts. We've put those concerns on the list of things to look at for the next update.

With regards to the screenshots not being appealing, depending on how far you've made it through the game, we'd welcome your thoughts on some replacement scenes.

To close on a positive note - thanks for your accolades! We're happy that you think we have a great game! User feedback is very important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to send your message

BTW, I'm a huge kitty fan, and the last thing I'd want is to be held accountable for the demise of any more kittens.
01-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
thats good to hear, i have been playing it more and i hope you can get the attention this game deserve

On the other hand are there any other types of weapons like swords? so far i have the pistol
There are no swords.
01-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by play@forgevault View Post
MasterChief, you are absolutely correct in your constructive criticisms of our game.

We've corrected the spelling and grammar for version 1.1 - which should be out any day now.

You are the first person to make mention of the dialogue and narration; thanks for sharing your thoughts. We've put those concerns on the list of things to look at for the next update.

With regards to the screenshots not being appealing, depending on how far you've made it through the game, we'd welcome your thoughts on some replacement scenes.

To close on a positive note - thanks for your accolades! We're happy that you think we have a great game! User feedback is very important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to send your message

BTW, I'm a huge kitty fan, and the last thing I'd want is to be held accountable for the demise of any more kittens.
Sounds like a good update Thank you for making my opinion feel useful!

Well I will admit I haven't made it too far, but if I come across any other sections that would be better to showcase the game, I will let you know for sure

You're very welcome!

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
01-18-2013, 03:02 AM
Yep i've seen a fair few typos, i think on the first piece of text i read it said thier not their. The voice at the beginning sounds like an automated voice you get off some cheap program off the net.

Saying that this is an indie title, perhaps they didnt have funds for proper voice recording, i must admit the typo's are bad though, as in there are lots of people here who would like to beta test games and they do it for free. So i must admit i'm surprised when stuff like typos gets through.

Saying that on the app store you can easily update your game so i look forward to the update.

I would rather encourage indie games like this or we'll all be playing boring endless runners which are filling up the app store every week. The devs seem active here which is great, their game isnt overpriced, needs a bit of polish but its getting there from what i've read.

Give me a game like this anyday over Temple Run clone #27.
01-18-2013, 03:12 AM
Agreed. Typos I can deal with - been dealing with them since Japanese ports in the 80s. However, that terrible voice over during the cut scenes has got to go... Is it a robot? Is it a 6 year old girl? We're not sure, but we don't like it :-/