Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2013, 03:12 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Agreed. Typos I can deal with - been dealing with them since Japanese ports in the 80s. However, that terrible voice over during the cut scenes has got to go... Is it a robot? Is it a 6 year old girl? We're not sure, but we don't like it :-/
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiufoxx View Post
Agreed. Typos I can deal with - been dealing with them since Japanese ports in the 80s. However, that terrible voice over during the cut scenes has got to go... Is it a robot? Is it a 6 year old girl? We're not sure, but we don't like it :-/
We have some software which allows you to create temporary audio, it sounds something similar. On the other side of the coin the more people who buy this game i'm sure the devs could then afford some proper voice recording. Theres quite a few sites out there which charge by the word (so you dont have to pay for half a days recording etc), they dont seem 'too expensive'.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

update is live

Quote:
What's New in Version 1.1

-Area Maps have been added in the menu under map data
-Second needle added to compass that always points north
-iPhone 4 / iPod Touch 4 support added
-Tips have been added to ensure the player knows he can grab ledges while gliding
-SFX uncompressed resulting in higher quality of sound
-Overall music quality increased
-New song added to Kings Gate region
-Certain textures have had their resolution doubled
-Bug with fumbling a climb has been resolved
-Player should now always face where he is shooting
Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Downloading!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 AM

I'm very thankful thankful for the positive response to the soundtrack.

It was a pleasure to work with Peter and the rest of the team at Forge Vault they do a good job making the dev process fun.

With 1.1 out now, you can all listen to the song for the Kings gate area, which is my personal favorite song on the entire soundtrack.

I have it on good authority that the remainder of the sound track will likely be added to the game in the next update, that's 4 more tracks for those of you who found the music too repetitive.

Don't forget to support the indie developers by leaving them encouraging comments and reviews both on the web and in the App Store.

Happy gaming

-Zachary Van Kleeck
Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Upcoming 1.2 will have the rest of the music added, the graphics of the GUI have been overhauled - action buttons, health meter, some of the menu buttons. All known bugs are resolved. It should be released within a week along side a light version.

The voice over during the intro and end may be changed or deactivated temporarily for the upcoming release.

- iCloud needs to go on the back burner as the software is expensive.
- there is still no decision on supporting 3GS, il be reviewing the hardware this weekend.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:47 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@forgevault View Post
Upcoming 1.2 will have the rest of the music added, the graphics of the GUI have been overhauled - action buttons, health meter, some of the menu buttons. All known bugs are resolved. It should be released within a week along side a light version.

The voice over during the intro and end may be changed or deactivated temporarily for the upcoming release.

- iCloud needs to go on the back burner as the software is expensive.
- there is still no decision on supporting 3GS, il be reviewing the hardware this weekend.
Peter - I want to congratulate you on really taking our feedback to heart. Seriously. This is perhap the most reactive I have ever seen an ios dev. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Peter - I want to congratulate you on really taking our feedback to heart. Seriously. This is perhap the most reactive I have ever seen an ios dev. Thanks!
Agreed. Haven't had a chance to play after the update, but I'm looking forward to it.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I appreciate the comment. The feedback has been very good, and what we are unable to implement in Mauv has been taken into consideration for the next project.

As for the 3GS, I was able to look into it a bit. It shares the same processor as the 3rd gen iPod touch, which I have here. The game was originally designed to run on 3rd gen devices, but when apple discontinued them we decided to boost Mauv which resulted in crashing on 3rd gen devices. Your right that most games run better on the 3GS rather than the 4, mainly because the resolution is smaller on the 3GS but it simply can't handle some of the combat in Mauv.

Edit : The Light Version and 1.2 should be submitted tonight for review. We've changed the iTunes graphic and screenshots for 1.2, we're also looking at a second dialogue sweep.

Last edited by Peter@forgevault; 01-20-2013 at 04:47 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default A question

We're curious - who has or hasn't completed the Heart Toaster job in the Secret Cove?

We'd love to hear feedback from who does the side jobs and who plays only the main storyline.

Thanks!