★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
well i haven't yet but as soon as the new update hits i will be going full speed with this

Does 1.2 get summitted?
01-22-2013, 04:51 AM
Me and some of my friends kind of hit and miss the side quests, it feels a bit labored to go back to turn them in.

If I can get it done before moving on to the next are I will turn it in every time. Grind quest just feel inconvenient in the game but I don't know what to suggest to fix or improve it. Sprint shoes? Uses magna per second and let's you run x2 speed? You could get the before riding the Garuba at the end as a sort of "reward" for making it that far.

But moving faster might not solve what I am talking about.

01-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
well i haven't yet but as soon as the new update hits i will be going full speed with this

Does 1.2 get summitted?
It's been submitted and pending review. We may add to it which will result in a slight delay of the review process. The light version is still incomplete.

V1.2 :
introduces some new graphics to the GUI,
Adds four more songs to the total,
The shield generator now reflects lasers as it was suppose to,
Fixes various graphic glitches,
And the dialogue is given a sweep.

The GUI made a massive difference, we have some screenshots up here :
http://forgevault.ca/mauv/gallery.html
01-22-2013, 05:54 AM
Joined: May 2011
Location: paris (yeah, the one in france)
Posts: 420
Great to see more progress being made. I for one am a fan of the release and update gaming culture, though others may disagree.

Any word on re-doing the voice over work?
01-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiufoxx View Post
Great to see more progress being made. I for one am a fan of the release and update gaming culture, though others may disagree.

Any word on re-doing the voice over work?
It's been temporarily deactivated from the intro and end movie, but we've left it in place for the power ups. There's no eta on a re-doing yet.
01-22-2013, 06:17 AM
Joined: May 2011
Location: paris (yeah, the one in france)
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@forgevault View Post
It's been temporarily deactivated from the intro and end movie, but we've left it in place for the power ups. There's no eta on a re-doing yet.
Good move, if I say so myself. I think the voice took gamers out of the intended mood.

Amazingly enough, and despite my many comments, I have only played the first 15 mins of the game. I'm waiting for 1.2 to clear and then I'm going to play it through. I cannot wait.
01-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: America
Posts: 69
Just bought this game after reading all the positive feedback on this thread.

Can't wait to play it after school today!!
01-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@forgevault View Post
It's been submitted and pending review. We may add to it which will result in a slight delay of the review process. The light version is still incomplete.

V1.2 :
introduces some new graphics to the GUI,
Adds four more songs to the total,
The shield generator now reflects lasers as it was suppose to,
Fixes various graphic glitches,
And the dialogue is given a sweep.

The GUI made a massive difference, we have some screenshots up here :
http://forgevault.ca/mauv/gallery.html
Now that looks much better thanks petter in other update if you can remove the gloss like most stock apple apps have that would be great as well

Just a few suggestions for any other update if you want to implement, how about a option so we can move the controls around? And how about chance the number that indicate the life and instead make like a health orb like in diablo and maybe improve the magma counter instead of the x100 place trying to have the number inside the magma core but that may not look that good

In any case the GUI looks much better now

Last edited by Ausar; 01-22-2013 at 12:58 PM.
01-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@forgevault View Post
I appreciate the comment. The feedback has been very good, and what we are unable to implement in Mauv has been taken into consideration for the next project.

As for the 3GS, I was able to look into it a bit. It shares the same processor as the 3rd gen iPod touch, which I have here. The game was originally designed to run on 3rd gen devices, but when apple discontinued them we decided to boost Mauv which resulted in crashing on 3rd gen devices. Your right that most games run better on the 3GS rather than the 4, mainly because the resolution is smaller on the 3GS but it simply can't handle some of the combat in Mauv.

Edit : The Light Version and 1.2 should be submitted tonight for review. We've changed the iTunes graphic and screenshots for 1.2, we're also looking at a second dialogue sweep.
Thanks for checking into the 3GS. Since the engine seemed to run fine, I was hoping it would just be a matter if resizing the UI frame.

Oh well, I have no regrets. I was taking a chance. Lost a buck on this one but gained a game I wouldn't have known works fine with Momonga Pinball Adventures. Both said they wouldn't work in the 3GS but since I've found a few games lately - like Elements Defender and the lite version of Flashout 3D both worked - figured I'd give them a shot.
01-22-2013, 03:35 PM
this game is awesome, this is why i love the app store so much the indie devs come out with awesome games like this, PEOPLE NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME...I HOPE TOUCHARCADE Does a write up on this...its like a scifi swordigo !