Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-12-2013, 02:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
This is one of those games that will not get anywhere near the attention it deserves, mainly because it doesn't come across as fully "polished" (the UI, for example, is a little basic, and the textures are not very detailed, the animation could be better, etc). But make no mistake: Mauv is a true action adventure game, of the kind that are still rare in the App Store. It has an interesting story, an intriguing world, and a gameplay style that both encourages exploration and rewards dexterity and skill. In a way, it combines two games in one: an 2.5d action platformer similar to Swordigo, and a 3D action RPG. To the developer's credit, the combination works pretty seamlessly and provides welcome gameplay variety.

Like almost all action adventure games, Mauv owes a debt to Zelda, especially the early ones that focused more on action than puzzle solving. But Mauv distinguishes itself by taking place in a world that seems to combine fantasy and science fiction (for some reason it reminds me of Ray Bradbury's Mars) and by staying away from the whole rescue-the-princess plot.

I hope that more folks give the game a chance. I'm really enjoying it.
Thanks for your post, squarezero! We are thrilled to be receiving such positive feedback from our audience. Also, we are taking suggestions very seriously and will be working continuously to implement what we can.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play@forgevault View Post
Thanks for your post, squarezero! We are thrilled to be receiving such positive feedback from our audience. Also, we are taking suggestions very seriously and will be working continuously to implement what we can.
No problem. I left the same review in the App Store. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Well, consider my intrigue piqued...the graphic design reminds me of the desert lands in Morrowind, or maybe something outta Dune. Yeah, the worms definitely remind me of Dune.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:27 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Sh*t - where did this come from. Just stuck it on my phone and it's eminently playable. Simplistic graphical style but a great game. Wow - didn't see this coming at all. Proper good work and digging the Ray Bradbury style as mentioned above.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:43 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

So...does this game revolve more around puzzles or action? How open is the world? Are there stats, leveling, etc?

Man I'm really thinking about buying this, but between Everplay, the dev behind Dangerous, Hothead, Redlynx, Madfinger (even Origin8 for chrissakes), etcetera etcetera; and vanishing games like Alien Menace, Beat It!, the Glyder series...I could go on forever.

Anyway, I've been scarred and even glowing praise leaves me hesitant.
Though some of my favorite posters are in this thread.

Any chance a lite version will be released?

EDIT: has it been tested on an iPad mini?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I'll test on a mini in the morning but I think it'll be fine. Don't know how big it's going to be but it seems pretty well made so far.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Its 99 cents so not to bad a price it was 2.99. The game reminds me of swordingo. It works for touch 4 but not going to far I'm gonna wait for a update. It looks like you have a "open world" then when you leave its broken into levels. I could be wrong but that's the way it looks. Over all a very nice game and a hidden gem
I didn`t regret getting it at 2.99 and at .99 everyone that liked Swordigo and isn`t getting Mauv can`t be helped.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 PM

Not a bad price? Ninety nine cents is an amazing price for such an excellent game! Don't bother mulling over this. It's a done deal. If you don't pick it up, you're missing out on an excellent adventure game. Any chance that we will see a future update allowing us to play this game with our favorite Icade mobile peripheral?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Its 99 cents so not to bad a price it was 2.99. The game reminds me of swordingo. It works for touch 4 but not going to far I'm gonna wait for a update. It looks like you have a "open world" then when you leave its broken into levels. I could be wrong but that's the way it looks. Over all a very nice game and a hidden gem
So it sounds like you're actually having a decent (perhaps as much as great?) experience on your iPod 4?

I am getting seriously close to abandoning my anxiety and going for it. I mean, if it runs on your iPod, how bad could it be on my iPhone 4?

DBC
Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Don't hesitate to try it if you're even vaguely interested.