App description: Reunite Spike and his mommy by sticking, rolling and flinging him through 80 amazing levels!

Stick to It! is a one-button platformer for iPhone and iPad with a healthy serving of physics puzzles. Spike will stick to whatever he touches when you touch the screen, and he'll let go when you release. Roll down slopes, stick to moving platforms, ride conveyor belts, and discover new ways to navigate each world's unique challenges.

Features:
· 80 levels across 4 unique worlds
· Simple but deep one·button controls
· Beautiful hand·painted graphics designed for Retina display
· Universal app: buy once, play anywhere
· Unique mix of physics puzzles and acrobatic platforming
· Free updates
· No in·app purchases or microtransactions
· Global leaderboards and achievements

In the Press:
"Stick to It is well designed and the simplicity of the controls make it easy for anyone to play."
- AppAdvice

"Stick To It, ahem, adheres to the basic principles of the genre, but shows there are still clever ways to challenge players to finish a puzzle with an economy of moves."
- Kotaku

"The only thing you do is touch anywhere on the screen. It works...Its fun until the end, and doesnt overstay its welcome."
- Game Informer

Note: Stick to It! does not currently run acceptably on iPad 1. To avoid accidental downloads on this platform, we've flagged the game to require a camera. However, the game does not actually use any camera functionality.

mpgholden's comments:
Hiya, TouchArcade! I'm a producer/designer at Magic Pixel Games, an indie studio founded by the core members of the Boom Blox team. We wanted to let you know about our first iOS title, which will be out in the app store update tonight. It will normally be $1.99, but we're making it free for the first 72 hours to say thanks to early adopters. I mean really free - there are no microtransactions, and the content updates will be free too!

It's called Stick to It, and it's a one-button puzzle platformer. Here's a trailer:

Requirements
iPod Touch 4th Gen and up
iPhone 3GS and up
iPad 2 and up
Support for all iOS display sizes

I hope you're interested enough to check it out (did I mention it's free?!), and I'll be sure to stop by the thread later to read your feedback and do my best to answer any questions that come up. I'll also update this post with the app card once it's live internationally. Thanks!
02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Been looking forward to this fot a while and sounds like it will properly fit iphone 5. Awesome!!

02-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Insta-er...download!
02-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Anyone got the iTunes link for this?
02-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
Anyone got the iTunes link for this?
The game won't be available everywhere till late tonight, but is available in some international app stores now. Just added the link below to the title post too, but be warned you might have to wait a few hours to grab it.

02-06-2013, 11:32 PM
This game is very well done with an interesting one-touch mechanic and very nice art. Thanks to Magic Pixel for the free intro price. It is a game I would have been happy to purchase. After I progress further into Stick to It, I will leave a positive review on the App Store.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-07-2013, 12:05 AM
mpgholden, no offense...but you guys are crazy! A $0.99 launch sale, I'd understand...but free for the first 3 days? Way, way too generous. I haven't even finished downloading the game, but I have a feeling this could be huge...like, "Cut the Rope" huge if it gets proper attention.

Also, thank you for being one of the very few developers out there who knows how to actually name an app. "Stick to It!" is right on the money! Not "Stick To It!" or "Stick to it!"

*scurries off to try the game*

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-07-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Wow, my English has gotten abysmal. >_>
02-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the high praise! If crazy is good enough to help us stand out, we're all for it.

I look forward to hearing how you like the game!
02-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Oh my...people, I'm gonna pull a Gabrien here and tell you to wait until this becomes a paid app and then buy it. Wow, the app description just sounded too good and I wasn't expecting it to be of this kind of quality. As soon as the main menu loads, you'll know what I'm talking about. Whether it's animation, controls, iPad retina graphics, those damn colors, the fact that there isn't a single IAP...*drools* Thank you.

Yes, it's official...you're crazy!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-07-2013, 01:44 AM
This is easily my GOTW. Great job

Game Center: sink_or_swim