Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-2014, 09:14 AM
HudgFactor HudgFactor is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Default Noseguard Wolves - a Clash of Heroes-inspired word game

Hi all. I loved the core gameplay in Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes and wanted a more pick-up-and-play style game without all the story to wade though, so I made one. A subset of the levels are free, a single IAP for all the rest. Thanks for checking it out!





Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-14-2014, 05:35 AM
MasonHurst MasonHurst is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 164
Default

This game seems intriguing and I can tell you put a lot of time nto it but there is a heck of a bug.

On the latest operating system - iPad Air 2 - the letter slots below the main grid AND the letters above are off by a spot to the left of the main grid.

This makes things really tricky as you practically have to count with slot goes with which grid. I thought I was just completely dense until I came back here and looked at the screen shots.

So it's messed up and will confuse the heck out of people - which is a shame as I can tell there is a good game here.
Hope you fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2014, 10:57 AM
HudgFactor HudgFactor is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Indeed, and I have some additional adjectives to add to 'heck of a bug'.

I am incredibly grateful for you bringing this to my attention. It's due to a last minute change (of course...) to fix some minor position offsets that were happening when you rotate the grid (something you can do post-tutorial). And clearly I didn't go back and test it on anything but my phone.

I've submitted an update that fixes it, my guess is it'll take 4 or 5 days to go through. Hope you'll check it out again when there's an update. If Apple had a way for me to give you a promo code for the IAP I would do that, but again, know that I'm grateful. If I ever make a for pay game I'll contact you via this site and send you a code.

Thanks also for checking out the game in the first place!

Onward and upward.

Allan


Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonHurst View Post
This game seems intriguing and I can tell you put a lot of time nto it but there is a heck of a bug.

On the latest operating system - iPad Air 2 - the letter slots below the main grid AND the letters above are off by a spot to the left of the main grid.

This makes things really tricky as you practically have to count with slot goes with which grid. I thought I was just completely dense until I came back here and looked at the screen shots.

So it's messed up and will confuse the heck out of people - which is a shame as I can tell there is a good game here.
Hope you fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2014, 03:09 PM
HudgFactor HudgFactor is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Turns out my 4-5 days estimate was fortunately pessimistic. The update to fix the iPad issue is available now. Thanks for your patience!

Here's a video of some "high-level play" if anyone reading this wants an idea of where this game goes. There are achievements for winning a battle in less than 10, 5, and 4 moves. The letter O can be pretty key for that:



Allan
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-15-2014, 01:54 AM
MasonHurst MasonHurst is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 164
Default

Well I certainly can't ask for quicker service than this. You report something one day... the next day it's fixed ;-)

Great news and I am going to DL the update and try to wrap my mind around your creation... wish me luck. Let's hope my mind proves capable.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-17-2014, 04:17 PM
HudgFactor HudgFactor is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Good luck, hope you have fun with it! If you have any questions about it, I'm more than happy to answer them. If you want some insight into the creation of the slightly odd aspects of the game, I wrote a blog post about it here:

[url]http://hudgins.ca/blog/how-steroids-helped-me-finish-my-game/[/url]

Thanks again for the help!

Allan
Ottawa, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonHurst View Post
Well I certainly can't ask for quicker service than this. You report something one day... the next day it's fixed ;-)

Great news and I am going to DL the update and try to wrap my mind around your creation... wish me luck. Let's hope my mind proves capable.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-19-2014, 06:16 AM
MasonHurst MasonHurst is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudgFactor View Post
Good luck, hope you have fun with it! If you have any questions about it, I'm more than happy to answer them. If you want some insight into the creation of the slightly odd aspects of the game, I wrote a blog post about it here:

http://hudgins.ca/blog/how-steroids-...inish-my-game/

Thanks again for the help!

Allan
Ottawa, Canada
I'll go check it out Allan... Thanks and stay warm. It's even cold already here in Wash DC.

-M
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent