Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-24-2015, 08:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default [Soft Launch - CA] UFC (by Electronic Arts)

UFC

Electronic Arts
Genres: Games Sports Simulation
Free

Quote:
Step into the Octagon® with EA SPORTS™ UFC ®! Collect your favorite UFC fighters, throw down in competitive combat, and participate in Live Events from the real world of the UFC.

This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info.

TRAIN YOUR ULTIMATE FIGHTER
Choose from over 70 UFC fighters – from icons like Jon Jones, to up-and-coming stars. Earn coins and open packs to upgrade each fighter’s unique set of special moves.

FIGHT YOUR WAY TO THE TOP
Climb through the ranks of the UFC and beat down the competition in each of the 4 weightclasses. Earn awesome rewards with every pulse-pounding match, and face off against UFC icons in decisive Title Fights.

ACTION-PACKED GAMEPLAY
Compete on your own and against your friends. The action keeps coming in Live Events that coincide with the real-world of the UFC.

AS REAL AS IT GETS™
Experience a state-of-the-art fighting engine with hard-hitting 3D gameplay and intuitive, finely tuned touch controls. EA SPORTS UFC delivers stunning console quality visuals and a true HD experience on your mobile device.

__
Terms of Service: http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Important Consumer Information: requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply); requires acceptance of EA’s Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA includes in-game advertising; collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details); contains direct links to the Internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPad23G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone5c

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 563.2MB

Old 02-24-2015, 08:53 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Interesti... Oh wait... EA. Moving along.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:09 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Why does almost every game need to have "persistent internet connection" ugh.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
For all their perceived entertainment-industry-equivalent-of-Haliburton-ness, the EA Sports studio are responsible for some of the best sports-based fighting games for iOS (MMA and Fight Night Champion).

(Of course, those two also happen to constitute a good-sized chunk of the number of sports-based, realism-inclined fighters available for the platform, so admittedly there is not much competition )

This doesn't seem to come from the same studio within EA (though it's often hard to tell, as EA will move developers between projects at a whim, and have the same fellas do a similar game under a different banner), but that history might account for something. And if the fighting mechanics are sophisticated and skill-based enough, perhaps this might the one title where grinding to overcome the freemium limitations might not actually feel like a chore.

(Also, I want more fighting games for iOS, and that desire totally clouds my judgement and mires my cognition in raging bias.)
Old 02-24-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean91499 View Post
Why does almost every game need to have "persistent internet connection" ugh.
It helps to prevent hackers when they run events
Old 02-24-2015, 09:56 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Honestly I'm so sick and tired of so many threads being full of this junk. It's one of big reasons I feel like traffic to these forums has gone down in recent years.

Every thread of full of the anti-EA (or insert any other big company here), freemium and mandatory online crop. Some of us would rather actually discuss the games at hand.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:01 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid83 View Post
Honestly I'm so sick and tired of so many threads being full of this junk. It's one of big reasons I feel like traffic to these forums has gone down in recent years.

Every thread of full of the anti-EA (or insert any other big company here), freemium and mandatory online crop. Some of us would rather actually discuss the games at hand.
This. Personally I think Free to Play (if they fix this, and actually focus on making a good game that caters to everyone and not just whales) is one of the best things to happen to gaming. Gamers get a free game, and Companies cater to all kinds of gamers like gamers who want to pay 5 dollars and gamers who wants to pay 500 dollars.

(side note: Has anyone tried the game, the screens look cool.)
Old 02-24-2015, 10:03 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid83 View Post

Then discuss it instead of trying to start an argument online... Simple. If you disagree with what someone says, move along... Seems easy to me.

and any hatred EA receives, is well deserved because of their mobile marketing... FYI
Old 02-24-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsops View Post
It helps to prevent hackers when they run events
Whatever, non sens, keep people from hacking a free game. What for?
An Internet connection required, when ea is making games I can really own, they will have my money.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
Then discuss it instead of trying to start an argument online... Simple. If you disagree with what someone says, move along... Seems easy to me.

and any hatred EA receives, is well deserved because of their mobile marketing... FYI
Mobile marketing is the reason? Have you seen the mess they do on console and PC?