01-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 523
I watched a few bits of that 17 minute demo... looks like the majority of the game is chopping down trees? I heard a lot of "chop chop chop chop chop" sounds in the background at the 3 different spots I skipped to in the demo.

HTML Code:
<name> Noah <!-- @lifesalich -->
<member since> Sept. 2008 <!-- that's 5+ years -->
<title> Sr. Web Developer <!-- NBA.com -->
01-11-2013, 10:04 AM
So, am I the only one that encountered something that looked like a bat in a tree, about a few yards away from my starting point?
It looks like the game already have enemies, though very rarely. I only saw the thing once, and it scared me since I had the volume pretty high.

And this may be kind of a silly question, but how do you gain levels?

Last edited by Jxsgamer; 01-11-2013 at 10:10 AM.

01-11-2013, 10:06 AM
This game is great so far. Trying to make some clothes, how do I get flax?
01-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Make all the workbenches: press,kennel, etc one is you will need them and 2 I forgot how to make flax because I'm trying to figure out how to travel long distances with out making my blockhead hate his environment.
Lol, alright. And yeah, I'm trying to figure that out, too.

Lots of stuff, I need to learn.
01-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopherW View Post
Ok, how do you plant things? I had a flax seed but couldn't figure out how to plant it. It only allowed me to dig with it which wasn't very useful. Must say, I am really enjoying this game. With Joe Danger Touch this week was a much better week than I initially thought.
From what I've discovered, you select your seed and tap the ground.
01-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxsgamer View Post
So, am I the only one that encountered something that looked like a bat in a tree, about a few yards away from my starting point?
It looks like the game already have enemies, though very rarely. I only saw the thing once, and it scared me since I had the volume pretty high.

And this may be kind of a silly question, but how do you gain levels?
No. I encountered a few as well - all sitting in trees. They are active at night. I've reduced their numbers so that none are in trees in the vicinity of my homestead with my trusty flint spear. Also, a good source of materials

You do not gain levels. Rather, you improve your tools and upgrade your existing work-benches to allow you to harvest, mine, etc quicker, and craft more sophisticated items.

Thoroughly absorbing so far.
01-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Chests?

Loving this game but can't for the life of me figure out how to make a chest and I am in desperate need.

I have already circumnavigated the world, without a boat. I did it my mistake and it took forever!

Can someone help with the chests? This is really hampering my progress. I have Craft Bench level 2 and don't have an upgrade option on this bench.

And how do you ride a donkey?

Thanks!

Currently playing: Oceanhorn| Junk Jack X | the Blockheads | Final Fantasy V | Pixel People | The Room | Pocket Frogs | Triple Town | 9th Dawn | Paint it Back
Plus+ ID: glumbumble
Game Center ID: Aithne1116
01-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuilelath View Post
Loving this game but can't for the life of me figure out how to make a chest and I am in desperate need.

I have already circumnavigated the world, without a boat. I did it my mistake and it took forever!

Can someone help with the chests? This is really hampering my progress. I have Craft Bench level 2 and don't have an upgrade option on this bench.

And how do you ride a donkey?

Thanks!
Build a wood working table with the main crafting table. My character looks like Notch
And are there fur pants?
01-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx550 View Post
Build a wood working table with the main crafting table. My character looks like Notch
And are there fur pants?
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Currently playing: Oceanhorn| Junk Jack X | the Blockheads | Final Fantasy V | Pixel People | The Room | Pocket Frogs | Triple Town | 9th Dawn | Paint it Back
Plus+ ID: glumbumble
Game Center ID: Aithne1116
01-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl View Post
I appreciate why the game is free. If it was 1.99 off the bat with the halve crafting time built it, I'd suspect that it would be harder to attract and entice players.
Minecraft sold well... ok that doesn't count but JunkJack I think has done really well. Same for Eden World Builder (it always seems to be in the top 100 of all games and other than dropping free for 2 days Last January, it's pretty much always been $0.99). I think there's room for another paid app with a free version on the side.

Anyway, this game is pretty cool. I may post back after my kids and I put some time in it together. I don't think it'll replace JunkJack or Minecraft PE (or Minecraft PC) but it could be something else to play.