Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-13-2013, 12:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
I haven't found myself in need of another blockhead in the same world but I could see it being fun.

I am still working on circling the world with camps at all points of interest or rest stops.
It's very useful. At the moment I have one blockhead mining and the other preparing tools for the mining the problem when you have more than one blockhead is that when sleeping, time only accelerates if all the blockheads are sleeping at the same time. Therefore, I think that with one blockhead in the main camp and the other one exploring around is enough. It's a lot of management, though.

As for the oil thingie to make the lamps which I mentioned several posts earlier, my world didn't have oil too near. I built a boat and crossed the ocean before finding a single block of oil!

Btw, there must be something regarding the multiplier of the amount of crystals you find when mining. In my first game, I get 3 crystals, but if I make another game just to grind for crystals, when I find them near the surface and grab them with my bare hands, I only get 1 crystal per block. Hey MajicDave, if you read this, can you tell us how the crystal multiplier works?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post

....As for the oil thingie to make the lamps which I mentioned several posts earlier, my world didn't have oil too near. I built a boat and crossed the ocean before finding a single block of oil!
You can press sunflower / flax seeds in the press to get oil.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
You can press sunflower / flax seeds in the press to get oil.
Yeah, thanks. I think somebody (you?) said it already in the thread, but I didn't reply. At the moment I'm making ladders as crazy to try and reach the Moon. Something a la Felix Baumgartner
Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 PM

I was quite enjoying the game until it started crashing constantly. I can't play any more as I enter the game and a few seconds later it crashes out when updating the world or something. Hopefully a patch coming (iPhone 4s).
Old 01-13-2013, 02:22 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyz View Post
I was quite enjoying the game until it started crashing constantly. I can't play any more as I enter the game and a few seconds later it crashes out when updating the world or something. Hopefully a patch coming (iPhone 4s).
Maybe you should give the developer more info: iOS version, JB or non-JB, language settings (this sometimes affects, believe me), etc.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I wish you could craft items like in desktop version of minecraft or junk jack, that was part of the fun.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

I have tried and tried and tried to get into this one, but the consistent crashing has just made it impossible for me to really get into.

I hope they release an update with some stabilization/crash fixes soon... Because it looks like it could be a real time sucker... But for me, not until then, if it happens.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:41 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ed209 View Post
I see it's number one free app - wonder how many people are paying to play?
That would show up on the "grossing" list. Well, not the # of people; I've read articles stating that the vast majority of iaps are purchased by a very small % of players (for any free-to-play game).

Having said that, I guess I count toward the chart you mentioned, since I did install it.

Roght now I'm fooling around with an ipad only MMOCRaftingRPG that's free on the iPad, Deepworld. Well I will after I get around to figuring it out. I missed the whole Minecraft "thing" completely so most of these games boggle me. And some can be brutally complex...probably the deepest is an ascii grand-RPG crafting open source pc game called Dwarf Fortress (IIRC). I still haven't figured that one out despite having it installed for years :shrug:.

I was about to buy JJ until I heard of the sequel.

EDIT: I don't know whether or not Deepworld is cross-platform, but it requires registration and connects to a server beyond the purview of Apple...it does connect to GC though. Opening up all of those network ports is a real battery drainer though. I'll sit down with it when I can leave it plugged in.

Last edited by Greyskull; 01-13-2013 at 06:43 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
That would show up on the "grossing" list. Well, not the # of people; I've read articles stating that the vast majority of iaps are purchased by a very small % of players (for any free-to-play game).

Having said that, I guess I count toward the chart you mentioned, since I did install it.

Roght now I'm fooling around with an ipad only MMOCRaftingRPG that's free on the iPad, Deepworld. Well I will after I get around to figuring it out. I missed the whole Minecraft "thing" completely so most of these games boggle me. And some can be brutally complex...probably the deepest is an ascii grand-RPG crafting open source pc game called Dwarf Fortress (IIRC). I still haven't figured that one out despite having it installed for years :shrug:.

I was about to buy JJ until I heard of the sequel.

EDIT: I don't know whether or not Deepworld is cross-platform, but it requires registration and connects to a server beyond the purview of Apple...it does connect to GC though. Opening up all of those network ports is a real battery drainer though. I'll sit down with it when I can leave it plugged in.
I've been waiting on deep world for my iPhone for ever. I'm beta testing it soon
Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Found the Sunset Skirt of Happiness on the West Equator! It's floating on top of a pole.

The Blockheads Guide tips and tricks collected from all over the interwebs http://iphonedevpinoy.blogspot.com/2...-tips-and.html