Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-15-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platyrrhine View Post
But no, it was made by one guy who has to support himself and his wife, if not others as well. He's in an extremely competitive environment where paid apps by individuals have almost no chance of making it. The wait times are fair imo.

Besides, if you were actually making a shovel, would it happen instantly?
If he had charged 6 bucks to unlock something that nearly eliminates the timers, I would have bought that. I am not against the guy charging for his game, but the model here detracts from my desire to pay for it.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekroWolfen View Post
You saw all that I did? And that's not half of it, it was all done for $3.98($2.99 for the double time and $.99 for 200 crystals). And I have found 223 more crystals in my journey to the center of the world. So I feel like buying more crystals? No, I'm having enough fun, unless you are a desperate who has no sense on the concept of leveling and working hard to get things done then maybe you'll have to buy more crystals. I like to work hard, in that way the game last a LOT more and it feels good when you reach a goal by yourself.

People need to understand, the game basically cost $3.98-or more, it's free for you to try it. Mine craft costs 6.99, that $4 bucks under. I've spend more time in this game than Ravensword 2, a game that cost me $6.99.
I wouldn't have explained it better... Except that I only bought the half-time IAP, no crystals. Enough with the crystals you find in caves. Some tips for newbies who won't buy crystals, aside from the ones in the TA article:

1. "Like" the game on Facebook. It won't harm you, and you'll get 50 crystals.
2. A second Blockhead is not "recommendable", it's a "must", And quickly. While one is digging, the other can prepare tools, lamps and clothes, harvest, etc.
3. Be VERY careful with the "use XX crystals" button to accelerate things. There is no confirmation screen as in other games such as Tiny Tower. If you click by mistake and you have enough crystals, you will use them. If you don't have enough, it will take you to the "buy crystals" screen.
4. You can play without the half timer, but if you really like the game, buy it at least to help/support the dev. You will also appreciate it when developing more complex tools. I don't regret spending the nearly 3 it cost me.

The mining part of this game reminds me a lot to "Gem miner: dig deeper" on Android. I'm very happy with its simplicity, and even though I was doubtful about continuing playing some pages ago, I am very happy with the decision I made. Anyway, back to playing a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platyrrhine View Post
If the timer is so annoying for people, they should just do something else while they wait. The only time it's really annoying is when you're waiting 20 minutes for 30 bronze ingots or something similar. Just play the game while you watch tv or a movie.
This is the best developed game regarding "waiting" and "phone standby mode" that I've seen in ages. Put a Blockhead to build 50 shovels and leave the phone on the table. It won't go to standby mode until it finishes or you run out of resources to build the item. Really appreciated.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 01-15-2013 at 04:34 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I am quite enjoying this game, am only an hour or so into it.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
I wouldn't have explained it better... Except that I only bought the half-time IAP, no crystals. Enough with the crystals you find in caves. Some tips for newbies who won't buy crystals, aside from the ones in the TA article:

1. "Like" the game on Facebook. It won't harm you, and you'll get 50 crystals.
2. A second Blockhead is not "recommendable", it's a "must", And quickly. While one is digging, the other can prepare tools, lamps and clothes, harvest, etc.
3. Be VERY careful with the "use XX crystals" button to accelerate things. There is no confirmation screen as in other games such as Tiny Tower. If you click by mistake and you have enough crystals, you will use them. If you don't have enough, it will take you to the "buy crystals" screen.
4. You can play without the half timer, but if you really like the game, buy it at least to help/support the dev. You will also appreciate it when developing more complex tools. I don't regret spending the nearly 3 it cost me.

The mining part of this game reminds me a lot to "Gem miner: dig deeper" on Android. I'm very happy with its simplicity, and even though I was doubtful about continuing playing some pages ago, I am very happy with the decision I made. Anyway, back to playing a bit

This is the best developed game regarding "waiting" and "phone standby mode" that I've seen in ages. Put a Blockhead to build 50 shovels and leave the phone on the table. It won't go to standby mode until it finishes or you run out of resources to build the item. Really appreciated.
Or your battery runs dead from the screen being on because I'm forced too. And you can't play the game with any real enjoyment without the half timer at the very minimum. Now I agree to support devs. 100%

However to design your game or app so you are forced to buy iAP is another thing altogether. It would seem you are being forced alot in this app. Except to keep playing. I have quite the collection of apps and have purchased quite a bit of iAP downloads. The difference is I enjoyed the game and felt justified in purchasing something extra to give support. I want more games. I love the main idea behind this game. I just feel the iAP is approached in the wrong way. Support who you want how you want. Just my view.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I'm loving the game. I have hundreds of games and I can count on one hand the number of games where I've ponied up and paid for IAPs, this is one of them (1.99 for the crafting reduction), and even then I didn't really need to do it. It's easy to play this game for free, I really don't see it as forcing IAP on you. Forced IAP are games where you can't get the top-end gear without IAP currency, this is not that, IAP just cut crafting times, nothing more. I can understand the timers are not to everyone's taste, and long waits are not a standard mobile/tablet mechanic, the audience tends to have less time and patience than other mediums. I'm finding I get much more of a sense of achievement from everything I do because there is a time investment in it.

I actually have very little free time (wife/job/kids) and I like the way I can play this game in fragments by setting the avatar doing long tasks while I get on with real life tasks, and it doesn't matter if I end up being away from the game for a long time unexpectedly, it won't cost me anything in-game. I think perhaps that's one of the love/hate issues with the game - people with more free time are more likely to want to sit down with it for 30 minutes and really get stuff done, but it's not that sort of game. It actually works really well if you can only play it while doing other things.

The only thing I'd really like is if it could continue crafting even if you switch to a different program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
[To grow trees]Take some fruit and press on the ground,
Or grab the seeds plants drop and plant them in the ground. With most small plants (e.g. flax and sunflowers) if you harvest them (machete) when they're flowering you get 3-5 seeds per plant so can then plant many more, and sunflower seeds can be made into oil. The entire roof of my house if covered in sunflowers

Last edited by MartianLM; 01-16-2013 at 03:46 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM

Is it possible to dye clothing?, if so how do you do it? Ive made some paint but Im not sure how to use on something other than floors and walls.
Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianLM View Post
The only thing I'd really like is if it could continue crafting even if you switch to a different program.
That's something I highly desire as well!

I don't post really, just lurk, but I wanted to let the Dev know that I'm really loving the game play mechanics and the 2D world. The 3D world of Minecraft didn't bother me, it was the 1st person perspective and even tho you could switch to 3rd person, it just didn't play and control well imho; it didn't hold my interest for more than a day where as I can see myself playing this one for a long time to come. Great Job!

The Double time has helped initially, but I as well, hope the Dev offers another IAP to either remove the timer altogether or at least make a "10X faster" timer to further speed things along.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwa1k View Post
Or your battery runs dead from the screen being on because I'm forced too. And you can't play the game with any real enjoyment without the half timer at the very minimum. Now I agree to support devs. 100%

However to design your game or app so you are forced to buy iAP is another thing altogether. It would seem you are being forced alot in this app. Except to keep playing. I have quite the collection of apps and have purchased quite a bit of iAP downloads. The difference is I enjoyed the game and felt justified in purchasing something extra to give support. I want more games. I love the main idea behind this game. I just feel the iAP is approached in the wrong way. Support who you want how you want. Just my view.
"Forced" is a complex word when it comes to games, if you feel forced to do it you simply didn't like the game. IAPs in this game are a way of saying "you tried it, you like it?, you can buy if you want to". I've spend $3.98 and NOTHING more, I've been playing this game for over 30 hours now, still not bored, see how diferent my point of view is? lol. There's nothing wrong with you not liking the game, everyone has their favorites, and you will be respected for not liking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianLM View Post
The only thing I'd really like is if it could continue crafting even if you switch to a different
That would use a lot of memory than this game already use, I can't even imagine the amount of people with older devices reporting crashes after multitasking.

However I'm with you, I'm okay with reducing the speed a lot more for those who bought the "time iAP". Maybe reducing it to almost nothing will satisfy most people and even attract more to buy the IAP.

Last edited by NekroWolfen; 01-16-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 01:04 PM

Does anyone know how to craft pigment?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Seems like some of the crafting benches really dont have a lot of choices (ie woodwork with crates and benches etc)

The ones dont apparently have an ability to upgrade, at any point can I create better storage than baskets, or bigger chests to hold more items? Where / what can I do with gems?