★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Game Impressions

At first you saw trailers you believed it was a good concept. I mean, this is basically the Minecraft version of Terraria, how can this go wrong? Well, it kind of did. I am not saying this is a bad game, but honestly.... it's not really there yet to be a great game.

1) Design became obvious after you got into the game for the first 5 minutes that it was oriented to be a freemium. A Timer + a Cash Shop = Freemium. Everyone can see it. It's one thing that you can "save" money if you know what you are doing with your in game cash, but a freemium is a freemium....

2) The control is kind of annoying. This is more of a personal thing. But I don't enjoy using my touchpad like a mouse. I wish they had an option to play with virtual gamepad

3) Well, this game is far from finish. It's obvious based on the lack of NPCs, especially the always popular hostile mobs. No one really enjoys roaming in a world that is only of themselves and donkeys, I suppose.

I would say game could have been done better. The game is being updated I am sure. But whatever potential this has, a freemium is always a deal breaker for me, especially when you never know what new ways the developer has in updating the "premium" part of the game and somehow trick you to willingly spend extra cash for more contents.
01-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Can you restore the half time in app purchase on another device? Or do i have to buy it again?

01-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyz2000 View Post
Can you restore the half time in app purchase on another device? Or do i have to buy it again?
You can restore it... you will have to hit 'purchase' again, and put in your password, but it will tell you that you've already purchased it and that it'll be free.

**this is not the case with crystals... those can not be restored on another device.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)
01-15-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm kind of shocked by the enthusiasiam for this game. I personally am completely turned away by the pace of it. I would probably enjoy it if I could buy a time eraser and not just a doubler. Seriously, it's atrocious. I know there is fun in exploration to be had here, but i cant get past making a shovel without falling asleep or spending money. If this was made by zynga or gamevil or a freemium pusher everyone would be furious. I want to play games....not stare at my screen, while my toon stares at a workbench....or digs slower than dirt. To each his own I suppose.
01-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerBombS View Post
I'm kind of shocked by the enthusiasiam for this game. I personally am completely turned away by the pace of it. I would probably enjoy it if I could buy a time eraser and not just a doubler. Seriously, it's atrocious. I know there is fun in exploration to be had here, but i cant get past making a shovel without falling asleep or spending money. If this was made by zynga or gamevil or a freemium pusher everyone would be furious. I want to play games....not stare at my screen, while my toon stares at a workbench....or digs slower than dirt. To each his own I suppose.

But no, it was made by one guy who has to support himself and his wife, if not others as well. He's in an extremely competitive environment where paid apps by individuals have almost no chance of making it. The wait times are fair imo.

Besides, if you were actually making a shovel, would it happen instantly?
01-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerBombS View Post
I have to agree with you there. There's definitely fun to be had with the game, and I think overall the dev has done a good job, however the freemium mechanic of having to wait for things really ruins the whole experience in my opinion. Even with the time doubler the higher tier items take ages to finish and when I play a game i play for fun not so I can watch a progress bar slowly fill up on my screen..that's just not fun at all.

In my opinion the $2.99 IAP should have completely removed the timer on things. It would be a much more enjoyable game that way.
01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platyrrhine View Post
But no, it was made by one guy who has to support himself and his wife, if not others as well. He's in an extremely competitive environment where paid apps by individuals have almost no chance of making it. The wait times are fair imo.

Besides, if you were actually making a shovel, would it happen instantly?
I can appreciate the work that has been done on this game. I like the concept and the style, and think it could be a good game. I understand the effort to make money on your hard work, hell, I hope it's very successful for him. I just don't understand this freemium model which is restricted by timers. I know a lot of freemium games are successful by this method but they all are real time timers, so you can leave the game and come back to it and your building/crafting is done. This game forces you to use the premium currency or stare at the screen for several minutes while doing absolutely nothing. I'm not trying to bash the game, I just wish there was a different approach to it, that's all. I'm normally not one to complain about prices, I might even buy the time doubler to see if it makes it more enjoyable and I don't feel like the need to buy crystals is essential for enjoyment.
01-15-2013, 02:43 PM
I went into this game very skeptically. Played a lot of Minecraft on PC. The freemium mechanic could be annoying but this game is actually really good and quite fun. We will have to see if the time based mechanics are balanced. So far I paid $.99 to get some things moving along.
Right now I'm having a lot of fun and it feels very addicting. If I have to waste too much time or money though, I'll be putting an end to it.
01-15-2013, 02:58 PM
trees

does anyone know how to plant trees?
please help!!
01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerbeats View Post
does anyone know how to plant trees?
please help!!
Take some fruit and press on the ground,