App description: "On an iPhone or iPad, the 2-D, side-scrolling block-based sandbox is a winning formula, and The Blockheads is the most well-executed, true-to-Minecraft game I've had the pleasure to experience on iOS." - TouchArcade (5 Stars)

"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)

The Blockheads is a huge exploration, creation and survival game where the possibilities are endless.

Play offline in single player, or easily create and join online worlds to play with friends and family, or explore thousands of unique worlds created and hosted by other players.

Start with almost nothing and explore, craft, build and trade your way to steam trains, electric elevators, and even jet packs, titanium swords and carbon fiber armor.

- Explore an infinite number of worlds filled with oceans, caves, deserts, mountains, forests and floating sky islands
- Build massive structures with the materials you find
- Trade with other players in an ever changing global economy
- Battle other blockheads in PVP worlds
- Lay rail and create jumps for speedy rail hand cars or create a rail network for easy transport by train
- Create an array of solar panels to power your oil refinery, and craft carbon fiber and fuel for your jetpack to explore the skies
- With content always being added, The Blockheads is continuously evolving, and there is more to come

Warp your first blockhead through the portal and get exploring now in the growing phenomenon that is The Blockheads!

Sanuku's comments:

01-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
Wont work if you have to climb through darkness. You can still move in the darkness blindly 1 square at a time. Good luck getting out
At least Castlepage baby donkey is now famous thks to Brad lol
And update with new content is coming!
http://toucharcade.com/2013/01/29/new-the-blockheads-update-adds-new-block-type-bug-fix-and-more/

Last edited by vicsark; 01-29-2013 at 03:57 PM.
01-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlePage View Post
Have been very busy with work.

And my blockhead went exploring on a donkey (faster to tilt screen than to walk). They accidentally fell into a cave whilst climbing a mountain. I managed to light a lamp, and then dug a tunnel to get my donkey out. Then continued exploring. And fell into a cave whilst climbing a mountain again. This time, i couldn't hang a lantern anywhere. so means I'm permanently stuck?
I got stuck in a dark cave, was able to hang a lantern. Tap on the mini icon of your dude, it will center him low on your screen, tappy tap around should be able to find a spot to hang lantern.

01-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Quick question regarding the IAP .. If I buy the crafting time boost does it apply only to the world I was in when I bought it or does it stay if I start over on a new world as well?
01-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantamPulse View Post
Quick question regarding the IAP .. If I buy the crafting time boost does it apply only to the world I was in when I bought it or does it stay if I start over on a new world as well?
It stays for all your worlds.
Also if you have other devices sharing the same itunes account, it will work on all.

Gamecenter: Vic Sark . Xbox live: vic sark
Tiny Tower Vegas code: 2HJH
Pocketplanes Flight crew: TouchArcade1 (click for a list of crew members GC and strategies)
01-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
It stays for all your worlds.
Also if you have other devices sharing the same itunes account, it will work on all.
Great thanks! Will most likely pick it up then
01-31-2013, 05:01 PM
While working hard at tunnelling duties on the "Super Donkey Subway", my little guy was distracted by a shiny gem.. and another.. and another. Well, to get to the point he ended up some 50 or so blocks lower than planned. That is when he saw this...
photo (2).PNG

OOOh... new resources! But sadly not as mining only produced rock. PAINTED rock. Painted rock in the exact pattern as the S.D.S. project.
photo.PNG

Anyone else discovered a naturally occurring feature mimicking their creations?
(or is it a save bug)
02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
What would you say if I mention that Minecraft iOS is a rip-off of Eden iOS (which came out years earlier than MineCraft iOS? Com'on, new game ideas are very scarce these days, and this game covers the need of a casual 2.5D minecraft in iOS perfectly. Regarding enemies, I'm sure it'll get updates, and I'm not sure if enemies fit too well on this one because of task planning...
Lies. Eden was released in 2010 and Minecraft was released publicly in 2009. And that was when it was RELEASED. It was a long college project made in Sweden, and Eden was a ripoff of the pc version. Stop trying to be a know-it-all.
02-06-2013, 04:48 AM
1.2 update coming in the next few weeks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (167.2 KB, 7 views)
02-07-2013, 10:52 AM
What if I ran out of iron, gold, etc? Will this ever happened? They don't respawn, right?
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm on a first generation iPad and the app slows down a lot and occasionally crashes when ice is melting or forming on the oceans. It's very difficult to get across water unless it's all ice or all water.
Also, I was walking a donkey over the ice. It got really slow. I got off the donkey and the donkey started sliding away to the right even though the it was just standing still. It was kind of funny, but then i did have to walk. So I just don't take donkeys across frozen oceans anymore.

I don't know if you work on these in the next update.