★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlePage View Post
I was googling for gold pickaxe and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a vic sark post. LOL hi hi vic and roboboto
Hi CastlePage, hmmm, wonder why TA1 is showing a bit weak this event. . .
Although I see Vic's platoon of sleighs has been unleashed.

Last edited by RoboBoto; 01-25-2013 at 09:44 PM.
01-25-2013, 09:50 PM
I also take an empty chest with me on journeys since I always seem to pick more than I expected, and it slows me down to have to stop and ditch stuff. Keep tripping on Drop Bear fur when I run under the pine trees, flax seeds stick to me like burrs.

01-26-2013, 02:14 AM
Here are some interesting pics that I want to show.

My char was near the sea, which got frozen over. I was exploring and it's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to walk >> (new land, so in the darkness). So I decided to deposit some earth and see if I could get a donkey to spawn in order to ride it over the ice.

Edit: 3 "so" in two sentences. Lousy writing.
(original paragraph: So my char was near the sea, which got frozen over. I was exploring and it's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to walk >> (new land, so in the darkness). So I decided to deposit some earth and see if I could get a donkey to spawn so that I can ride it over the ice. )
Here goes:

Pic1: I made two patches of soil -- one on the surface of the ice and the other in a under-ice cave that I dug. I grew a carrot, a cherry and an apple. Coconuts and corns did not succeed in growing (the corn kept popping out of the soil). I ran out of oranges so didn't try that.

Pic 2: Lo behold ! A donkey and a dodo spawned on the soil patch above ice ! nothing spawned in the garden of my ice cavern though

Pic 3: Alas the dodo died as I slept. I roasted it in the ice cavern. Campfire is safe in the ice cavern.

Pic 4: I rode my donkey and we accidentally fell through the opening into the ice cavern. Note that another dodo has spawned.

Pic 5: The second dodo died while I was sleeping. As I ran up to grab its remains, the third dodo spawned. It looks like dodos don't make it through the night in the frozen ice, and only one donkey and one dodo spawn at any one time.

And now ... to get the donkey out of the ice cavern ....

Pic 6: I made some frozen steps so that the donkey could climb out of the cavern and sealed the hole. And look ! a new baby donkey is born ! Isn't it cute?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0100[1].PNG
Views:	16
Size:	680.8 KB
ID:	52490   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0101[1].PNG
Views:	9
Size:	467.0 KB
ID:	52491   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0103[1].PNG
Views:	12
Size:	429.5 KB
ID:	52492  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108[1].PNG
Size:	598.3 KB
ID:	52494   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0109[1].PNG
Views:	8
Size:	548.3 KB
ID:	52501   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0110[1].PNG
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	52502  

GC: CastlePage, TouchArcade1 (TA1)
Click here for a list of TA1 members info and global event leaderboard If you join the crew place your name and id in the file so everyone can add you for PP leaderboards!

Last edited by CastlePage; 01-26-2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: too many "so"
01-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Here are some interesting pics that I want to show.

So my char was near the sea, which got frozen over. I was exploring and it's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to walk >> (new land, so in the darkness). So I decided to deposit some earth and see if I could get a donkey to spawn so that I can ride it over the ice.

Here goes:

Pic1: I made two patches of soil -- one on the surface of the ice and the other in a under-ice cave that I dug. I grew a carrot, a cherry and an apple. Coconuts and corn did not succeed in growing (the corn kept popping out of the soil). I ran out of oranges so didn't try that.

Pic 2: Lo behold ! A donkey and a dodo spawned on the soil patch above ice ! nothing spawned in the garden of my ice cavern though

Pic 3: Alas the dodo died as I slept, so I roasted it in the ice cavern. Campfire is safe in the ice cavern.

Pic 4: I rode my donkey and we accidentally fell through the opening into the ice cavern. Note that another dodo has spawned.

Pic 5: The second dodo died while I was sleeping. As I ran up to grab its remains, the third dodo spawned. It looks like dodos don't make it through the night in the frozen ice, and only one donkey and one dodo spawn at any one time.

And now ... to get the donkey out of the ice cavern ....

Pic 6: I made some frozen steps so that the donkey could climb out of the cavern and sealed the whole. And look ! a new baby donkey is born ! Isn't it cute?
This is the proof that I still have a looooooot to see in this game: spawning donkeys, seas freezing... Wow!
01-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboBoto View Post
Hi CastlePage, hmmm, wonder why TA1 is showing a bit weak this event. . .
Although I see Vic's platoon of sleighs has been unleashed.
*waves to TA1 crew* Well at least I'm not the only one with neglected planes...!

Too bad I can't build an air traffic control tower in BH that leads to a direct console to PP. Imagine if both games were accessible within one app. We'd all be doomed.
01-28-2013, 04:48 PM
ok I explored new caves, and with the diamond pickaxe bonus, I'm at 2000 Crystals now!

I don't like using crystals to speed things up (with 3 dudes, I always have sthg to do somewhere).
Each of my dudes has a diamond pick axe now (thks to diamonds showing up using the golden pickaxe)
So what am I supposed to do with my crystals???
Did I miss sthg because as of now, there doesn't seem like there's any use for them?

And my suspended highway 15 blocks over sea level continues when I'm in the mood.
Right now, I'm digging a tunnel through a huge mountain
01-29-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm experiencing lags since a few days.
I'm also invaded by donkeys, they're just everywhere, even in caves. I guess I shouldn't have planted so many carrots lol.
I think that both problems may be related, as NPC should use memory.
So I sent one of my dudes on a donkey/dodo killing spree.
Almost 100 down! And I'm destroying the carrot plants in the way.
01-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Have been very busy with work.

And my blockhead went exploring on a donkey (faster to tilt screen than to walk). They accidentally fell into a cave whilst climbing a mountain. I managed to light a lamp, and then dug a tunnel to get my donkey out. Then continued exploring. And fell into a cave whilst climbing a mountain again. This time, i couldn't hang a lantern anywhere. so means I'm permanently stuck?

GC: CastlePage, TouchArcade1 (TA1)
Click here for a list of TA1 members info and global event leaderboard If you join the crew place your name and id in the file so everyone can add you for PP leaderboards!
01-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Have been very busy with work.

And my blockhead went exploring on a donkey (faster to tilt screen than to walk). They accidentally fell into a cave whilst climbing a mountain. I managed to light a lamp, and then dug a tunnel to get my donkey out. Then continued exploring. And fell into a cave whilst climbing a mountain again. This time, i couldn't hang a lantern anywhere. so means I'm permanently stuck?
Just tap anywhere outside and your dude should find its way back I guess
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
Just tap anywhere outside and your dude should find its way back I guess
Wont work if you have to climb through darkness. You can still move in the darkness blindly 1 square at a time. Good luck getting out