Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0809 View Post
If you still have a promo code left, can you please sent me one so I can leave some impressions of the game. THANKS !!!
nice first post... very nice...
Old 01-10-2013, 12:44 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Love to get a code too if possible! Thanks in advance!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'd love a code, if there are any more available!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Does anyone knownwhich device this game plays best on, iphone or ipad? Depending on how the tilt controls are implemented, of course.
Oddly, I actually downloaded this on my iphone 4, and for the first time in a long time, played on the small screen. Was fun though, oddly addicting. Now that I got more time, I will try it on my new ipad, then on an hdmi 40 inch tv.

I will let you know my impressions. Look forward to playing it today. Iphone 4 is rock solid. Both tilt and touch controls are right on.

Good game!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:38 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'd love to give it a go if anymore promo code's are available, thank you
Old 01-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Alright - played until Stage 8 - everything still says 'Classified' or has locks on them - so I haven't been able to buy or upgrade ANYTHING. I've got 50k in currency and no diamonds - and...

Yup - Frustrating is the only word I can use to describe this.

Also, once Stage 1-8 started, there was some VERY noticeable framerate and lag issues, especially when focusing on the top of the screen. Playing on an iPad 2 with iOS 5.1.1.

So... yeah, I'm deleting this one. Thanks for the code... but... the way the shop is managed along with the framerate and lag issues makes this one a no go for me.
I think how it works us that the store items must be unlocked in the game. You cannot just buy them. I am level 10 now and bought the machine gun for 7000. So I don't quite see a problem in the store.

Also strange is I loaded this onto my iphone 4, no lag or framerate problems at all. if my iphone 4 can handle it, your ipad 2 should be too I figure. I will try it out on my new ipad to see if it is an ipad problem. Or could be an ios 5 issue or maybe you need to reset you ipad.

I dunno, should be totally rock solid on the ipad 2 I figure. I replayed level 8 on my iphone but no problems, will check soon on my new ipad.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thanks... I guess I'll reinstall it and try it again...

If it makes any difference, I had just cleared my multitasking bar and did a hard reset... But I closed the game to come here and write some initial impressions and the. Started it back up again without clearing Safari from my bar... Dunno if the exit and open had anything to do with it...

Anyway... I'm off to check it again.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

K... This wasn't the case the first time I had the game installed, but now I'm getting full screen ads after EVERY level.

Yeah I'm done. Permadeleted.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:56 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
K... This wasn't the case the first time I had the game installed, but now I'm getting full screen ads after EVERY level.

Yeah I'm done. Permadeleted.
Sorry for the inconveniences, there was a glitch, I have disable all ads..

once again sorry for this..

Hey I just gave you (the code) and this is CRAZY.. and here is an apology... so Reinstall maybe?
Old 01-10-2013, 04:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Well, I played the game for the first few levels, and I have some thoughts on it.

1.) The story is so cutely awesome that I couldn't help but laugh. Kudos to the devs for having a nicely twisted sense of humor

2.) Gameplay is fun, but it has its quirks, and these can irk over time.

The point of the game is to kill the zombies before they reach you and eat your brains out. It is a lot like a reverse shmup combined with an endless runner concept, as noticed elsewhere in the forum thread, but the execution of that concept takes some getting used to.

You see, once enemies reach the level that your characters are at, they are untouchable. They also move towards you horizontally and grab onto you. They then damage you for a half-nook's worth of health... and then they leave you alone. They stop running after you, and fall back down the screen. Strangely enough, you cannot shoot the zombies that have caught up and grabbed onto you, and you shoot beyond them as they eat your brains.

*nitpicker mode engaged* WHY?!

Why would a zombie take one bite, and then walk away?! The enemies should continue to bite the characters until either a.) the characters are dead, or b.) the enemy is dead. Because that would make sense! If the zombies in this game's world operate under some other kind of system, then WHY ISN'T THIS EXPLAINED?! (Or is it explained later? *sigh*) Which brings me to my second question: Why would the characters not shoot a zombie that is right in front of their faces AND IS IN THE MIDDLE OF FEASTING ON THEM?! Why do the bullets go through, with no consequence to the enemies until they inexplicably wander off AWAY FROM THEIR MEAL?! AFTER ONE MEASLY LITTLE BITE?!

Gaaaahhhhh....

Other than that, the gameplay is VERY challenging early on in the story. Your basic weapons do not dispatch enemies as quickly as later weapons do, and the tilt speed of your character is slow at first. This makes it a combination of luck and repeating a level in order to get that 3-star rating early on, because multiple enemies at opposite ends of the playing field and approaching at the same speed are hard to deal with, because you need a second to take out one enemy, another second to get in front of the other enemy, and a third second to bring down the second enemy, and to repeat all that for a third or fourth enemy if there are more than two enemies, which is common especially in the levels after the first few. Considering that the enemies come up pretty darn quick in relation to the main character, there is almost never enough time to deal with the above scenario without taking damage.

This is unfair in a sense, because it punishes the player for things that are beyond their control, at least when they start out. Because a missed zombie will always take a bite out of your character, and there is almost nothing that can be done about that when you are first starting out and are getting swarmed by zombies... unless you purchase the premium stuff-

*slaps forehead* Of course.

True, it is possible to replay old levels once new weapons are unlocked, but it can be frustrating when you are first starting out and have not unlocked the higher tier weapons and movement speed, which would dramatically lessen the frustration. And I do believe that this can be changed in a balanced manner, to remove that potential for initial frustration but still keep the game challenging.

At least the controls are solid. Response time to tilt is very good here, at least as far as I know.

Speaking of those upgrades:

3.) Why are the weapons, upgrades, passives, etc... story-locked AND have a coin requirement? One reason most games of this type allow the players access to all the upgrades as long as they have the proper amount of coin is so players can purchase which upgrades they see as needed: if they want to move faster, then that's the upgrade they unlock first; if they want to hit harder and/or have better weapons, they have the freedom to unlock those first; and so on and so forth.

However, that cannot be done in the story version, and I assume the Free Run mode is unlocked once you beat that respective chapter, which means that the player has to wait to unlock that speed boost even if they really, really want that speed boost before any other upgrade.

If there was an in-story reason why the upgrades are story-locked, then this wouldn't be so bad, because there would be a reason for story-locking. Even if that reasoning makes no sense, at least a reason would exist; however, I have not seen one in this particular game. Thus, I still question why the story-locking AND coin requirements both exist. If the coins applied to the Free Run mode only, and the story-locking only happened in Story Mode, I think that would be a little better IMHO.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I give one star for effort, another star for the story, a third star for the look, and a half-star for the solid yet potentially frustrating gameplay. I took a star off for how baffling enemy behavior is and how odd it is that stuff is both story-locked AND has a coin requirement.

So 3.5/5 stars; solid, cool premise, and is fun, but has a couple points that raise some questions.

Sincerely,

Mr. Album