★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Any chances of us getting an offline mode? Sadly,I don't have a 24/7 Wifi connection yet.
01-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx550 View Post
Any chances of us getting an offline mode? Sadly,I don't have a 24/7 Wifi connection yet.
Since the game is so heavily built around the fact it's online, it's probably doubtful.

And if one were added, it would end up being disconnected from the online mode entirely since it would be easier to hack in things offline and take them online. This is a bigger issue here than in, say, Terraria where profit isn't dependent on IAP.

And a single player mode of waiting for trees to grow that you can't put to use online probably wouldn't be that engrossing lol. Although a single player "creative mode" might be cool, to experiment with designs and stuff. But then that would result in possible secret blocks being spoiled...

01-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Why do the small locks protect an area that seems to resemble a house? And why can't I customize what area it protects? It's very weird and confusing.
01-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the link seil! I grew my own frog hats last night, I was quite proud of myself ^_^. I see now the importance of all seeds. I had to plant so many trees.

Checked out your seediary. It's so awesome. Like a museum. When you've finished with the trees you should make a mansion
01-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTYthebold View Post
Why do the small locks protect an area that seems to resemble a house? And why can't I customize what area it protects? It's very weird and confusing.
All locks protect an area expanding outward. Except the world lock which acts over a whole world, anyway.

Customizing the protected areas would be pretty cool, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
Thanks for the link seil! I grew my own frog hats last night, I was quite proud of myself ^_^. I see now the importance of all seeds. I had to plant so many trees.

Checked out your seediary. It's so awesome. Like a museum. When you've finished with the trees you should make a mansion
Yeah I go through a TON of seeds. And I was just about to add the fifth tier to my seediary, but I think I may hold off and redesign the rooms a little due to potential space issues. Easier to redesign in the early stages. Especially since tier 5 has so many items. Planting them just to have to redo it would suck lol...

Last edited by Seil; 01-11-2013 at 09:47 PM.
01-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Yes but why that weird shape? why not just a simple square?
01-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTYthebold View Post
Yes but why that weird shape? why not just a simple square?
The lock area sort of "grows" out from the lock position, so if it hits other locked areas or unlockable things (white doors, bedrock) it grows in alternative directions.

Big locks are square if nothing blocks.. Smalls are kind of weird, Huge are sort of like giant rounded circles.

HOWEVER: If you want to get fancy, you CAN shape a lock exactly how you want by clicking the "Ignore empty air" option.

Dig out the area you want (so it's floating, and not touching anything else) and lock (or recalculate lock, if already locked), and it will smarty lock the area.

It's possible to lock say, a long straight wall or perfect shape of any kind using this method.

Maybe a simple square would have been easier, but this method does allow for more flexible ways to use a lock.

Seth A. Robinson
www.rtsoft.com
01-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth A Robinson View Post
The lock area sort of "grows" out from the lock position, so if it hits other locked areas or unlockable things (white doors, bedrock) it grows in alternative directions.

Big locks are square if nothing blocks.. Smalls are kind of weird, Huge are sort of like giant rounded circles.

HOWEVER: If you want to get fancy, you CAN shape a lock exactly how you want by clicking the "Ignore empty air" option.

Dig out the area you want (so it's floating, and not touching anything else) and lock (or recalculate lock, if already locked), and it will smarty lock the area.

It's possible to lock say, a long straight wall or perfect shape of any kind using this method.

Maybe a simple square would have been easier, but this method does allow for more flexible ways to use a lock.
I just learned more about how locks work! Nifty. I hadn't really experimented with them since I've used a world lock for my main world and seediary haha.
01-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the help. It's a bit of a hassle but it works! I have a couple questions about the servers too.

When you create a server, is it private or public? And is there a way to change that?

When I create a server, it gets added to the server list in the game. How exactly does that server list work? Does it change for different people? Am I the only one who sees my server?
01-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Jordanrracer
This game is pretty amazing for today's IOS online games, I'm still a newb learning the ins and outs. Il be on the thread more when my phone runs out of batteries!