Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-16-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_dabinski View Post
What about an Android tablet version?
Watch this space
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

If the dev is still around these parts, Remember the question I asked about the music in the price-drop topic? I responded there, so I'm just cutting and pasting here:

Originally Posted by firewatersun:
"Do you know what point in the vid (and which vid it is) so I can ask our sound dude? He'll prob have to ask the musician who made it then, so the answer may take a little while lol"

Yeah, I think it starts around 7:30 to 8:00 into the 30+ minute video, and really picks up by the 9:00-9:30 mark, when the protaganist appears before a council (or that's what it looks like). I think Pete Townsend used an ARP 2500 (a gigantic device; obviously your musician didn't use that actual hardware) combined with violin.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Listening to the soundtrack now... I'm so impressed! And it's really not often that a game comes around (an iOS original especially) that is an actual soundtrack with multiple artists.

Lovin it.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Listening to the soundtrack now... I'm so impressed! And it's really not often that a game comes around (an iOS original especially) that is an actual soundtrack with multiple artists.

Lovin it.
Agreed. Love it!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

So I beat the game a 2nd time. This time on a straight run-through. Still loved it. Now I'm craving more of the backstory, more character development, more epilogue. I think you guys need to write some fanfic in support of this great game I took a look at who Morrigan was on wikipedia, since I have no idea where to start reading up on Irish mythology. Any thoughts?

Also, very strange thing happened to me on this run-through. I actually managed to collect 10/9 health crystals. Yes, I picked up 10 out of 9 possible crystals. Take a look at the attached photo. Is this a known issue?

Here we go:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crystal.jpg (314.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Psiufoxx; 01-17-2013 at 04:39 PM..
Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

@Greyskull - havent been able to trace it down just yet unfortunately - but almost 100% sure its not the real deal, just an emulator!

@syntheticvoid - I will pass that on to the musicians! They'll love to hear that the soundtrack is getting some love It was a real collaboration deal with the indie artists.

@Psiufoxx - that is a known bug that was fixed and has cropped up again! damn you GitHub..overwriting grr...Thanks for finding that, we'll get on that for the next update - it'll be a big un!

•••Spoiler:  
As for back story, there is a pretty big doc with the lore of the world & reasons for the bosses n stuff like that, the weird green guys etc. - there are some clues in the artwork of the world and certain things the characters say. The final 3 images in particular are a bit of back story. However, this being Episode 1, not that much is revealed yet, Ep 2 was planned to be more blatantly expositional!

The overall epic the story is based on is called The Tain ( there is a book which I don't have to hand to tell you the author as I am currently on a train, but its just called The Tain. its based on Cu Chullain's exploits. In ancient times however, stories were told by mouth and passed down. because of this, embellishments and alterations were made to suit the time. Our lead designer's idea was that our version of Ku was a modern retelling of the story, which is why it's so different. It's also why he's called Ku instead of Cu, as there is no K in the Irish language, Gaelic ( which you can also play the game in! )

If you read the original and then ours - there are parallels which are almost exactly the same, and some others with heavy reinterpretation. Glad you like the story man! we'd love to be able to reveal more in future!

Last edited by firewatersun; 01-19-2013 at 04:21 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM

Hey guys!

Update 1.2 is now live.
  • Screen Rotation Fixed
  • Fixed a bug that caused a crash during Morrigan encounter
  • Various small bug fixes
  • Reduced file size

In other news, for 1.3 we have implemented a pathfinding solution along with a change that allows Ku to slide off colliders (instead of stopping at them), which will be sent off to Apple over the coming days. The game should control much more fluidly now as a result.

I'll keep ya's posted of it's progress!

Cheers guys,
Paul
Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Nice work fellas. Looking forward to my 3rd play through
Old 01-22-2013, 01:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Great work on the speedy update! Hope the game is selling well!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Now make it universal
Working on that