Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Wow.. this looks awesome. Definitely buying
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

@Paul - thanks for the info. Great to have you and your team so active on the boards.

I've got the game up and running and it gives a great first impression. Fantastic art style and high quality sound. I like the tap to move mechanism and the overall 2d / 2.5d perspective. Reminds of of paper-cutout style animation. Nice work! Ill give a more in depth opinion of the game a bit later.... But in the meantime:

A question on the upscaling... My inventory menu seems rather small compared to the iPad screen - when it opens, it appears only on the top left portion of the screen. Subsequently, the description text is teeny tiny - nigh unreadable. Is this part of the bug? Am I one of the temporarily unlucky ones? :-/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (260.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM

@Psiufoxx

Thanks so much for the feedback.

I edited my last post to confirm that unfortunately the bug is affecting all Retinas, and indeed the entire ingame interface is inherently effected by it. The player character, Ku, is around half his actual size, to give you an idea, as are all NPCs.

Really sorry about this, we are gutted this bug made it through approval. We're hoping that Apple approve the update rather quickly

Last edited by Daeltaja; 01-10-2013 at 12:45 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Alright, I'll admit that I haven't had nearly enough time with the game (No more than 5 minutes. Sorry everyone waiting for impressions, I won't have the chance to really sit down with the game for at least 3 more hours), but I'll say a couple of things...

- firewatersun, don't worry...there's definitely nothing wrong with the download speed. Just terrible weather...and the fact that I live in Beirut.
- Graphics looks perfectly fine to me. Guess my iPad's making up for the fact that it refuses to run Joe Danger. (EDIT: Well, yeah...my game looks exactly like Psiufoxx's screenshot)
- The game needs auto-rotation.
- Much like Bastion, I don't know how this'll translate to the smaller screen of the iPhone/iPod touch. It's kinda obvious why this is iPad-only right now and it's frickin' glorious! Kudos guys, firewatersun's quite the artist.
- For anyone wondering, the controls are basically 'tap to move' and yes, I'm so early into the game that I haven't done anything but move and swipe one puzzle piece into place. The controls are extremely responsive though.
- I realize all my comments so far are next to meaningless, but seriously...the App Store needs more developers like these guys. All you people with iPads better be buying this already.

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-10-2013 at 12:51 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

BUYING
Old 01-10-2013, 01:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Alright, I'll admit that I haven't had nearly enough time with the game (No more than 5 minutes. Sorry everyone waiting for impressions, I won't have the chance to really sit down with the game for at least 3 more hours), but I'll say a couple of things...

- firewatersun, don't worry...there's definitely nothing wrong with the download speed. Just terrible weather...and the fact that I live in Beirut.
- Graphics looks perfectly fine to me. Guess my iPad's making up for the fact that it refuses to run Joe Danger. (EDIT: Well, yeah...my game looks exactly like Psiufoxx's screenshot)
- The game needs auto-rotation.
- Much like Bastion, I don't know how this'll translate to the smaller screen of the iPhone/iPod touch. It's kinda obvious why this is iPad-only right now and it's frickin' glorious! Kudos guys, firewatersun's quite the artist.
- For anyone wondering, the controls are basically 'tap to move' and yes, I'm so early into the game that I haven't done anything but move and swipe one puzzle piece into place. The controls are extremely responsive though.
- I realize all my comments so far are next to meaningless, but seriously...the App Store needs more developers like these guys. All you people with iPads better be buying this already.
Ooh, you live in Beirut? really want to go to Lebanon, what's it like for tourists? Never been to the Middle East and would love to go!

Thank you VERY much for your lovely comments! I'm honestly blushing, lol I was always really worried about the art, because I never went to art school - the early versions of the game before I got practice in were pretty atrocious!

If your iPad looks like Psiufoxx's you do indeed have the texture scaling issue - it affects animated sprites like the main character and all the NPCs and makes them half the size - it also affects the GUI, which is why the menu is teeny tiny . Auto-rotation was also affected by this same bug - it is also fixed now in the update that is waiting for Apple's OK. we're sorry ! Really wish we could push the update right now!

Dude, your comments are definitely not meaningless - a reception like yours is a huge part of the reason we want to make games for a living! I hope you're able to play it properly soon and your impressions carry on throughout the game.

That said if you do find any improvements/bugs please let us know and we'll do what we can

@Biggavelli LOL! SOLD!!

Last edited by firewatersun; 01-10-2013 at 01:13 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 01:12 PM
iPad Air

This game looks great, but the tap-to-move controls never works well on iPad. Any plans on implementing a virtual joystick so you can hold the iPad like a controller and use your thumbs to move around and control the action?
Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Banned

What a gem of a game! Reminds me a lot of bastion.

This is really unique. I got past the training, which is like about 15 mins in. Surely a keeper. Plus I very rarely buy games on iOS!

Will post more details tomorrow cause now I'm typing from my tablet.

How long is the game, devs? Also, bring this to android ASAP! I can see you doing very well there.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

...any chance of an iPhone/iPod/Universal build?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
This game looks great, but the tap-to-move controls never works well on iPad. Any plans on implementing a virtual joystick so you can hold the iPad like a controller and use your thumbs to move around and control the action?
Hey chris1a,

We built the game from the ground up specifically for this set of controls. We felt that we could find a better solution to the virtual pads (we're not big fans!). We hope you'll give it a try, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the control system.

@undeadcow

We're working on a PC version due for release soon, and we'd love to do Android support in the near future. We are looking into iPhone/iPod too, so watch this space!