Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-10-2013, 03:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I guess I'll be waiting(and hopefully patiently)until the update is ok'd by apple. I got hit with the Joe Danger bug also.

And yes I'm sold on this one.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 PM

Cheers Professionalalbum

We're obviously gutted this bug made it through, we're sort of new to all of this.

Hopefully the patch has a quick approval.

Paul
Old 01-10-2013, 03:33 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Holding my breath on the iPhone release. Just wanted to say your game looks awesome. Great job! Miso jelly!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Anyone know how long an App Store review takes to post? Just put a nice one up for Ku

Edit: it's up!

Last edited by Psiufoxx; 01-10-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=Psiufoxx;2623370]Anyone know how long an App Store review takes to post? Just put a nice one up for Ku [/QUOTE

It seems to be sort of hourly, but I'm not entirely sure. Many thanks for the review Psiufoxx!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM

Wow reading the thread I was getting so excited, until I saw the dreaded only touch to move controls. Why not give players the option to use a virtual stick as well? Many other games have done this with no problem. I know there are a section of gamers out there that want to use the virtual stick, so why not make an option to please them as well?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Whoo!! Good news Retina people - we think our fast-track pleas to Apple worked!! The patch was approved in record time and is now out for update (good job Apple!), so you guys should now be able to have a perfect playing experience (we hope :P )!

@Psiufoxx - I can't see the review yet from where we are, but thank you so much for writing it!

@Alc819 - this issue was actually a huge consideration when we were building this game - we worked quite hard on implementing a full control system.
One of the main reasons for no virtual stick is due to the way your character controls and the way combat is implemented-it can be very fast and requires precise targeting, and using on-screen controls would be cumbersome for some of the maneuvers Ku makes.
Some of the puzzles also use a large amount of screen real-estate.
Because of this, we found from testing that the control system we currently have implemented was the one that felt most natural to users. However, if it really is a problem, we can investigate other control methods too!
Hopefully I've been convincing enough :P , but if you have any questions about how the controls are implemented, we will be happy to answer them

Also, we're going to try and get TouchArcade to give us a review! Have you guys got any tips about this we could use, please?

Last edited by firewatersun; 01-10-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 PM

Instabuy. Downloading now.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Good work on the update fellas. The game looks fantastic now.

As far as the review goes, I have no experience in this arena but I believe there is a form to submit to request a review? And past that, just be super humble with Eli, Brad, Jared and the team. They'll love your hidden gem!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:11 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

@firewatersun: Yep, 110% Lebanese right here! Lebanon's always been quite the touristic country, especially during summer...and considering the country's been stable for quite a few years now, I'd say it's more than safe for a visit.

You know, apart from the GUI elements...if you had never mentioned there was a bug, I'd have never figured out there was anything wrong. The perspective certainly is much better now. It seemed like the world would get blurry when moving pre-update, so yeah...this zoomed in perspective certainly is welcome. Oh, and I literally laughed out loud well the pull-out menu turned out to be full-screen after updating the game. Also, holy cow...crazy fast approval on Apple's part. Not sure if you're aware of this, but there still seems to be an issue with auto-rotation.

Really enjoying the game so far...just got to a certain cave that may or may not have something to do with a canid, and I really hope I'm nowhere near finishing. Any rough estimate of how far in I am?

Thanks for a fantastic game, guys. It's great to be able to sink some time into a title, rather than try to beat high scores and postpone impending doom once in a while. Also, as we Arabs say, "walaw", you don't need to be thanking me for my comments...it's my pleasure.